Travis

Re: Requested Christmas Items
lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:21 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Nessie related things? My soul?

don't sell your soul

oh I'm sure they'd find a nice place for it.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:24 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:

those are my cons.
I really loved visiting London, not sure I want to live there. Edinburgh seems more managable to me.
But who knows. I could end up setting up a shack beside Loch Ness and selling things to tourists.
Actually, that sounds awesome.

that sounds like the perfect way to spend a year abroad! and if you're sick of aaaallll those people (ahem) one day, you can always catch the (slow) train to a place called "Culrain", where they have no shops (I think, at least we couldn't find one) but a one-of-a-kind youth hostel castle.

TWO years abroad :)

CASTLE HOSTEL!!!!!???? I'm there.
Will they accept my soul as payment?

I'm sorry Wendy. Your thread has been taken over. Arent you glad it isnt about hockey? or boobs?

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:42 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

TWO years abroad :)

CASTLE HOSTEL!!!!!???? I'm there.
Will they accept my soul as payment?

I'm sorry Wendy. Your thread has been taken over. Arent you glad it isnt about hockey? or boobs?

TWO years???? Whoah! :)
Maybe they'll accept your dishwashing skills as a payment, but as far as I remember, it wasn't really expensive (less than £20)... I also remember a lot of Germans and Spanish people staying there... hm...

I'm sure Wendy doesn't mind. And we could always talk about food again, like this old London ...err... "restaurant".

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
And we could always talk about food again, like this old London ...err... "restaurant".

"It is also said that David Beckham eats here when he is in England."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 9:48 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

TWO years???? Whoah! :)
Maybe they'll accept your dishwashing skills as a payment, but as far as I remember, it wasn't really expensive (less than £20)... I also remember a lot of Germans and Spanish people staying there... hm...

I dont have dishwashing skills. In fact, I hate washing dishes and always end up with a splashed wet tummy. I think it is my most hated chore. And thus love dishwashers.
I would rather sell my soul.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 10:13 PM Quote
Money.

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 10:18 PM Quote
Haha girlies I have no objections to you taking over the thread as it is fun and interesting reading (unlike hockey threads - for me anyhow ekkkkk LOL).

How awesome is it that you will both be in the UK! We soooooo have to hook up :)

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 11 Dec, 2009 11:01 AM Quote
both?

I'm not going to live in the UK (at least I'm not planning on moving there - who knows, haha), I'll be a visitor, as always ;) and if my friend from Munich moves there, I'll be a frequent visitor ;D

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Dec, 2009 4:22 PM Quote
Kristy, go to Edinburgh.

I would like this shirt

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/31.jpg

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 11 Dec, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
the Keyboard Cat shirt, really? I've just seen that one for $10:
http://www.threadless.com/product/1960/Three_Keyboard_Cat_Moon

Why not put this one on your wishlist, too? ;D

Steph_canuck
Steph_canuck Posted Fri 11 Dec, 2009 5:46 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:

those are my cons.
I really loved visiting London, not sure I want to live there. Edinburgh seems more managable to me.
But who knows. I could end up setting up a shack beside Loch Ness and selling things to tourists.
Actually, that sounds awesome.

that sounds like the perfect way to spend a year abroad! and if you're sick of aaaallll those people (ahem) one day, you can always catch the (slow) train to a place called "Culrain", where they have no shops (I think, at least we couldn't find one) but a one-of-a-kind youth hostel castle.

wow that looks amazing! I stayed here...
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/steph_canuck/IMG_2624.jpghttp://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/steph_canuck/IMG_2616.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/steph_canuck/IMG_2618.jpghttp://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/steph_canuck/IMG_2627.jpg

it was as close to a castle as I could get!...Id like a trip back there for Christmas!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 11 Dec, 2009 5:52 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
the Keyboard Cat shirt, really?

There is another one I like better but I can't find it.

My husband reminded me of a few things on my amazon list that, oddly, no one has gotten me yet

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41KSA2GA12L._SL500_AA280_.jpg
(that's an emergency defibrillator in case you can't tell. It's only $1,200)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/11z9hffX5-L._SL500_AA165_.jpg

And a segway, which is a steal at $5,000

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 14 Dec, 2009 12:34 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Oh and to win the photo contest and go to the Olympics! but, I dont think ive won. The winner is being announced next week, but judging was on the 4th and I think they would have contacted the winner by now. So, poop.

you should read the rules before giving up on this ;P

" The winner will be announced on the Contest Website at approximately 3:00 PM ET on December 15th, 2009.
The Sponsor or its representative will attempt to contact the winner by e-mail or telephone within two (2) business days of the winner selection date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to any contact, within two (2) business days, he/she will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right to contact the entry with the next highest score as awarded by the judging panel."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 14 Dec, 2009 1:29 PM Quote
thewishlist wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Oh and to win the photo contest and go to the Olympics! but, I dont think ive won. The winner is being announced next week, but judging was on the 4th and I think they would have contacted the winner by now. So, poop.

you should read the rules before giving up on this ;P

" The winner will be announced on the Contest Website at approximately 3:00 PM ET on December 15th, 2009.
The Sponsor or its representative will attempt to contact the winner by e-mail or telephone within two (2) business days of the winner selection date. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to any contact, within two (2) business days, he/she will be disqualified and the Sponsor reserves the right to contact the entry with the next highest score as awarded by the judging panel."

oh shush, you know, I dont like when people throw real FACTS in my face :P

I still dont think I won

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 14 Dec, 2009 3:48 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

oh shush, you know, I dont like when people throw real FACTS in my face :P

I still dont think I won

well, we don't know that yet, do we? ;P I mean, we don't know it for a FACT ;P

"Now, what I want is, Facts. Teach these boys and girls nothing but Facts. Facts alone are wanted in life. Plant nothing else, and root out everything else..." - Thank God this is fiction ;P

Hm, I suppose facts can be a bit like snowballs... especially when someone throws them in your face ;P

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:36 PM