Travis

Requested Christmas Items
Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 1:36 PM Quote
So this got me thinking, every year I am asked "What do you want for Christmas?" and I seem to draw a blank. My parents never ask as they have gotten over this by buying us all gift vouchers etc along with the gifty things we love.

So What would you "realistically" like this Christmas?

Only thing I could think of was an ipod dock, a lovely jubbly one!

Re: Requested Christmas Items
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 2:14 PM Quote
Megan Fox.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 2:47 PM Quote
http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:100803.jpg

i know where i can get one , just don't have 800 bucks to spare

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:87065.jpg

4 grand

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:33911.jpg

probaly like 10 grand

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 2:54 PM Quote
Realistically and unrealistically I want money for my "Europe 2010 fund" :oP.

And some peace and quiet and time for myself. Usually I'd be on holiday by this time of the year, but I've got to take some compulsory final exams. University is eating me up. My brain is fried and I still have way too much to do. It never ends. So please Santa be nice and make it stop!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 3:19 PM Quote
-luggage so I can move to the far off magical land of the UK with new, matching, non worn out stuff.

-Canadian olympic merch, specifically this sweater which I want to wear while curling up on a couch infront of a fireplace, with hot chocolate in hand at a ski chalet.

http://store.hbc.com/renderImage.image?imageName=hbc/hbc_RVGTF913.jpg&width=320&height=320

-and a contribution to the Kristy's new camera lens fund would be nice, but is unlikely since my parents gave a contribution for my bday.

My parents (well, my mom, dad doesnt do any of the shopping. Which always leads to "oh, thats nice! who gave you that?" questions. The answer is often "you did") insists we give her a list and then is pretty good at buying off of it, so there isnt much suprise come Christmas morning, but at least to leads to less useless crap.

Oh and to win the photo contest and go to the Olympics! but, I dont think ive won. The winner is being announced next week, but judging was on the 4th and I think they would have contacted the winner by now. So, poop.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 3:44 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
http://store.hbc.com/renderImage.image?imageName=hbc/hbc_RVGTF913.jpg&width=320&height=320

Those mooses (meese? moose?)are totally doing a boob graze.

Don't give up hope on the contest. It's possible they aren't telling the winner until right before so they don't have to worry about you spilling the beans.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 3:59 PM Quote
Now that I look closely, they might actually be going in for some sorta of...bite :S

I think they would tell the person before to make sure they can claim the prize, and there is supposed to be a "skill testing question"

I think it's just better to believe I didnt rather than get my hopes up be heartbroken (which happens far too often) day of. I think one of the essays won.

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 4:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
-luggage so I can move to the far off magical land of the UK with new, matching, non worn out stuff.

when I went to the UK for the first time (for a student-exchange thingy), there was a girl in my group who'd bought a nice new suitcase for the trip and it...errr... kinda broke. all her stuff came out, she had to tape it together... and I think the airline gave her way too little money to replace it... so, erm, you'd better get some quality suitcases ;P

I want:

1. A job. Not sure whom I should ask for this...

2. a waffle maker. I used to own one (it was a 3-in-one thing for waffles, sandwiches and steaks *lol*) but I gave it away and now I want a classic heart-shaped waffle maker thingy:

http://www.schauecker.com/beverly/bilder/waffeleisen.jpg

and a few things that I'd like yet won't put on my (non-existent) wish-list (for several reasons), like:
- the "new" Snow Patrol CD
- "Radio Rock Revolution" on DVD
- Cookies from Sainsbury's, plus tea (I really should bribe my London friend into sending me some in return for chocolate, hm)
- a holiday (end of March. A flight to London would be enough really, plus some shopping-money! *sigh*)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 4:29 PM Quote
I picked out some lovely luggage, lets just see if Santa (who looks suspiciously like my mother) buys it. My other stuff is straight up wrecked from many trips back and forth from school.

I LOVE MY WAFFLE MAKER!!! Good choice Lillster

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 5:19 PM Quote
I just hope my mum (errr, I mean, the "Christkind" [=Santa-equivalent-angel-person]) buys it... she doesn't like giving me "requested"/non-surprise presents.

Does the luggage have small maple leaves on it? ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

Does the luggage have small maple leaves on it? ;)

no, but I ALMOST went with plaid. It's my second choice, but I went with a lovely green. But the green is pricier, so I might end up with the plaid.

Maybe I should get plaid and then sew maple leaves and sparkly bows on it! I mean, what would be classier?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 6:04 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

thats pretty cool

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 6:16 PM Quote
I have a regular waffle maker in addition the heart shaped one. They both rock my socks.

I guess you are wise to prepare yourself but you never know. But the contest is a bit weird that they allowed so many different things (videos, pictures, essays) but only one winner. I don't think that is fair since those things are hard to judge side-by-side. Basically if you don't win I won't think it's fair.

There are plenty of things I'd be happy to receive but there is nothing I am just hankering to get this year. A nap and a massage sounds really great.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 6:34 PM Quote
I want books, books and books! I miss the ones written in a language I can understand.

Oh, and cool tees and generally clothes from Topshop.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 10 Dec, 2009 7:19 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Megan Fox.

LOL

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:23 AM