Travis

Fran Solo Album next year?
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 3:21 PM Quote
Sorry for the double post.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/travis-on-hiatus-as-healy-goes-solo_1121740

Could we have an official statement please?

Re: Fran Solo Album next year?
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 3:34 PM Quote
A Fran Healy solo album does sound like it would be amazing, although I think that we'd all agree that we'd all like more Travis as soon as possible.

Maybe Andy would play on it like at the recent shows?

What do we think would be on the album, As It Comes, Holiday, updated acoustic versions of old Travis songs or totally new songs that no one has heard yet, if this news is true?

"Travis doesn't stop."

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
That quote is a direct lift from the interview in this thread and you can see the context. Fran wasn't talking in terms of as timescale or an actual plan, just an abstract thought that one day he probably would. In my opinion, Contact Music are taking it out of context and making news from nothing.

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Mon 09 Nov, 2009 3:54 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
That quote is a direct lift from the interview in this thread and you can see the context. Fran wasn't talking in terms of as timescale or an actual plan, just an abstract thought that one day he probably would. In my opinion, Contact Music are taking it out of context and making news from nothing.

Thanks for clearing it up, I wasn't sure if this was true or not when I read it. Talk about totally taking it out of context. Naughty Contact Music.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:44 PM Quote
I can imagine a solo album . Deep , acooustic ,soothing , meaningful , some with violins, just beautiful , ahhhh.

Trixi
Trixi Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 1:47 PM Quote
to tell the truth...I'm not very fond of the idea Fran doing a solo album. I think it would really feel weird to go and buy a "Fran Healy-album". (to me anyway *shrugs*)

Quote:
Fran: "I don’t think we will ever stop making records, so it would be like a vacation."

Relieved about the first sentence but...come on, nobody should work on vacation! ;-P

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 2:25 PM Quote
Trixi wrote:
to tell the truth...I'm not very fond of the idea Fran doing a solo album. I think it would really feel weird to go and buy a "Fran Healy-album". (to me anyway *shrugs*)

you know I feel the same, Fran belongs to Travis and to me Fran, Andy, Dougie and Neil are one item, I just can't imagine any other formation...... and I'm desperate to see them live again!! 'mon make it soon ! :)

milos
milos Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 3:02 PM Quote
To be honest, i feel exactly the same. And it does seem like a sudden change, since Fran has always said he would never do a solo album. Actually, he even said it a few weeks ago in this interview: http://www.mixtapeatlanta.com/2009/10/fran-healy-interview.html "I don’t have any plans on making a stripped-down acoustic album or solo record."

However, Fran has every right to do whatever he wants to do. If he wants do to an album on his own, he should do it. I just can't really imagine him as a "solo artist". I think they "belong" together, as cheesy as that may sound :D, and have a special connection or chemistry or whatever it is called! :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 6:05 PM Quote
Yes, I agree with you all. It'd feel weird for me too.

elmfai
elmfai Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 8:04 PM Quote
I think it's not completely wierd,singers like Thom Yorke and Steven Wilson had solo albums and worked with their bands too and they've been succesful,but Fran is a little diffrent...

joemono
joemono Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 9:43 PM Quote
All you naysayers would buy a Fran Healy solo album the day it came out and you know it. :P

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 9:53 PM Quote
I would feel weird about it too. I would prefer a new "Travis" album than a "Fran Healy" album but of course I'd buy it. I'm sure it would be fantastic. I'm sure it would be quite like an acoustic sounding Travis album... so I'd prefer it be a Travis album. But i'll support Fran on whatever he decides to do. This might never happen anyway.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 4:18 AM Quote
joemono wrote:
All you naysayers would buy a Fran Healy solo album the day it came out and you know it. :P

Of course I wouldn't buy it! It's only my favourite singer and songwriter we're talking about :oP. Hehe, I would obviously buy it. But still I think I'd always prefer a Travis album :o).

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
I'd definitely buy it, but I'd prefer a major Travis release before a solo album. However I still doubt that Fran is planning on going solo, it feels weird...

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 5:54 PM Quote
I would so buy a solo album in a heartbeat, and likely enjoy it as well. Obviously, I love me some Travis, but part of Travis is Fran. So long as he doesn't do a country album, I'm all over it!!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:26 PM