Travis

Who on here has kids that love Travis?!
Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 9:24 PM Quote
I have got a 3 year old son, and I'm pleased to say that this week he has become an official Travis fan!
It was looking dodgy for a time, he only seemed to like Take That - but then the other day he became transfixed by the 'WDIAROM' video, and cried when they all sailed away on the boat at the end. Managed to get him to stop by saying that we could go and see them sometime at a show. So come on Fran - please get some UK dates in soon!!!

Re: Who on here has kids that love Travis?!
leticia
leticia Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 10:10 PM Quote
Cuuute!!!

Well, I don't have kids. Yet, I'm 80% sure that my 4 months old nephew loves Before We Were Young. I'm still running some tests but everytime I sing it to him, he starts to laugh and falls sleep. There can be two options: he really likes it or he finds her auntie voice too funny and prefers to go to sleep... I'd go for the first one (for now...) : )

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 1:30 AM Quote
Travis wee fans are way too cute. Hope your kid gets to see them live soon ;o).

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 2:19 AM Quote
Awww! That's so cute! Poor thing he cried!
I've got a 9 year old niece that loves Sing and Closer. She even sings those songs, even though she doesn't speak English :o).

elisaortiz_celticfc
elisaortiz_celticfc Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 2:51 AM Quote
I don't have kids, but my 12-year-old niece likes TRAVIS... because of me, of course... I listen to TRAVIS' CD's while I'm driving my car and my lovely niece enjoys their music when she comes with me.

silvella
silvella Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 9:29 AM Quote
Oh, how cute! That made me smile... Your son is young enough to "infiltrate" him the Travis music, so do your best! We need new blood here! *g*

My "kids" (18 and 16) hate Travis! They like bands as "Rise Against", "System Of A Down" etc., and they would NEVER admit if they liked some Travis song! It's not cool being into the same music as ol' Mama!

So enjoy it!

MsFatRat
MsFatRat Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 11:44 AM Quote
I don't have kids, but we have a dog that LOVES Travis.
Every time I play Travis, he comes up to my room and lay down to sleep. And he doesn’t do that on any other band/artist. He is a very funny dog.

cornax
cornax Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 1:12 PM Quote
My girls love Travis. My 11 year old has met them twice (well, the whole band once and then Frandy once) and they took pictures and gave her autographs. And the actually SPOKE to her, like a human being. A lot of people don't do that with kids. She really thinks they're friends!

On a semi-related note...when Michael Jackson died she told me that she was really mad because she had wanted to meet him too! I didn't tell her that he probably wasn't quite so accessible as her friends in Travis...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 4:01 PM Quote
My 8-year-old wanted to go with us to see Fran and Andy in October, but the venue is 18+, so she asked for an autograph instead. I was kinda surprised, because I didn't think she liked them that much.

My younger kids have their own version of Closer.
"Closer, closer, meow, meow, meow, meowww!" I think it's adorable. My 4-year-old (she was 3 at the time) did have a problem with AIWDRIR, because it was a "boys' song" and not good for ballet dancing.

mili
mili Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 8:37 PM Quote
I've caught my kids singing along to Travis occasionally, but they're more into hiphop and rap. Closer could be their favourite.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 17 Aug, 2009 10:50 PM Quote
My kids haven't expressed interest in specific songs but they don't complain when I play a Travis album. My son thinks Fran can really do all the push-ups he did in the video Turn. He also thinks I am personal friends with Fran because he has seen a picture of me with him.

A few weeks ago I volunteered to take a super cranky 6 week old (poor thing has acid reflux so she has a lot of tummy pain) outside so her mommy could eat in peace and man she was wailing and not calming down no matter what I did or what song I sang. Finally I sang "Sing" and she started calming down. Then I sang "Flowers in the Window" and she fell asleep. I came back in and told her mom she needed to buy some Travis albums.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 3:21 AM Quote
silvella wrote:
My "kids" (18 and 16) hate Travis! They like bands as "Rise Against", "System Of A Down" etc., and they would NEVER admit if they liked some Travis song! It's not cool being into the same music as ol' Mama!

Too bad! That sucks.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 3:23 AM Quote
Double post.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 4:39 AM Quote

my kid does but he won't admit it to the majority of his friends . i took him to travis and he told his friends i took him to ludicris

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 18 Aug, 2009 3:43 PM Quote
My "little" brother is like your kid, Ric. He's 17 and he won't admit he likes Travis but I've seen he has several Travis songs on his MP4. And he never told me anything about it... borrowing my Travis CDs would have meant admitting I was right :oP.
If Travis ever comes back to Argentina, I'm confident I could convince him to come with me ;o).

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:48 PM