Travis

FRAN: How exhausting are the Travis gigs?
silvella
silvella Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 10:36 AM Quote
I know, this question is odd, but because of my sports I’m interested in that: Fran, which is the most exhausting song for you at the gigs? Physically and/or because of the music (text, difficult cords)? And do you know how your maximum pulse is on stage? You often hear that a gig is more exhausting than sports, so I’d like to know that to be able to access your physical ability better.

This question is for Neil and Andy as well (ahem, I think Dougies pulse is not so very high, or do I err?? *gg*). And I don’t mean the pogo at WDIAROM or the climbing over the grid at Falling Down…

Would be great to know, thanks!

Boardies, what do you think?

Re: FRAN: How exhausting are the Travis gigs?
the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:25 AM Quote
Vocally I would guess that Turn and Before You Were Young were very hard. Physically? Not a clue.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:39 PM Quote
Interesting question and yes I'd put my money on Turn too :P

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
I would guess Turn and All I Want To Do Is Rock.

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:05 PM Quote
For Fran, Turn definately!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 3:41 AM Quote
I agree. Turn.

I don't why, but I think WDIAROM? should be exhausting too lol.

silvella
silvella Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 4:33 PM Quote
Thanks for your answers! Looks like it could be Turn... *gg*

But what about J. Smith or Selfish Jean, physically? And the text: maybe Something Anything? I don't know, it's hard to say for a second-language speaker.

And Frans pulse? Hmmm... do you have stage fright, Fran? So it could be about... 150 bpm at the beginning, and while the gig... 120-130? Do you know that?

Fran
Fran Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 5:41 PM Quote
No one song is itself knackering. If the current show has a moment when I am about to collapse it's Side. It comes about 3/4 of the way into the show.

silvella
silvella Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 5:59 PM Quote
Thank you soooo much for answering so quickly, Fran!! I'm not sure what "knackering" means... maybe in german "Knackpunkt"?? A point when something changes completely?? Egal, but you've put my mind at rest now! And in the future, we could hand you some dextrose at Side... *g*

Thanks, Fran!! Ein schönes Wochenende für dich!

Trixi
Trixi Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 6:21 PM Quote
silvella wrote:
I'm not sure what "knackering" means...

...kann man vielleicht mit "auslaugend" übersetzten oder einfach "anstrengend"? Also ich weiß genau was gemeint ist aber find irgendwie trotzdem nicht das passende deutsche Wort dafür ;)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 6:28 PM Quote
Knackerd is Scottish slang for tired/exhausted, its funny seeing it written down.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
Knackerd is Scottish slang for tired/exhausted, its funny seeing it written down.

Ah I didn't know it was a Scottish word actually, we use it at least in the North of England as well. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 15 Aug, 2009 9:36 PM Quote
Knackered is used all across the UK, if anyone cares... A knacker is someone who turns horses into meat and glue products so you can see where it comes from :)

To summarise: very, very exhausting. Fran must love his gentle stroll through the crowd during Falling Down :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 1:02 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Knackered is used all across the UK, if anyone cares... A knacker is someone who turns horses into meat and glue products so you can see where it comes from :)

To summarise: very, very exhausting. Fran must love his gentle stroll through the crowd during Falling Down :)

eww to horse glue.
And I dont know why, but upon a quick glace, I read "gentle stroll" as "giraffe stroll"

silvella
silvella Posted Sun 16 Aug, 2009 10:33 AM Quote
Aha, knackering! *g* Thanks for the explanations, guys!

Danke, Trixi! Zu diesem Wort gibt es wohl kein exaktes deutsches Pendant. Aber der Sinn ist mir jetzt auch klar. Vielleicht: nicht auf die Reihe bringen? Nicht klar kommen? Beides in einer etwas "härteren" Art - der schottischen eben? *g*

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:11 PM