Travis

London
Nell
Nell Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:07 PM Quote

Hi just back from London!

Had a brilliant time - just wanted to say: whilst my stay there I got to hear Travis 5 times in 4 diff. locations!

First time: My pub of choice: The Mad Hatter: Driftwood :)
Second time: Some Sushi-Restaurant near Picadelli Circus: Flowers in the window (AND: the name of our waitor was "Travis"...hehe even took a pic ...hehe)
Then in 2 diff. Planet Hollywood restaurants: Video: Walking in the sun, Driftwood and Sing :)

Was surrounded by Travis!
Also got to see the RAK and Hospital studios...

holy cow....those are massive!

well anyway! Nice to hear Travis on radio...on occasions and in locations where you may not expect to hear them :) Well I didn't :)

Have a nice night everyone :)

Nora

Re: London
hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:16 PM Quote
Hi Nora, welcome back. I am so happy that you were surrounded by Travis (music and waitors:P). Sounds like you had a great time. I can't wait to hear more about it.

leticia
leticia Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:44 PM Quote
Coool Nora! I want that!! Travis + London : )

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:14 AM Quote
Lol, how did you manage that?! There's us going on about how you don't hear Travis here and then they play loads of Travis to visitors :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 1:32 AM Quote
Welcome back!! Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're so lucky to have heard them on the radio and watched their videos so unexpectedly, not once or twice, but five times!
I wish I could've been there :)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 2:25 AM Quote
Glad to hear you had such a great time!
And it's fantastic you got to listen to Travis so many times in so many different places :o).

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 2:27 AM Quote
Wow, that's great, Nora! I'm glad you had such a fantastic time there :o).

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 4:11 AM Quote
Hey Nora. Welcome back. I'm glad you had a great time (surrounded by Travis)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 7:19 AM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
Lol, how did you manage that?! There's us going on about how you don't hear Travis here and then they play loads of Travis to visitors :)

hahahhaha maybe they don't like the English! :p hahahha

no..no idea

though I think that "walking in the sun" was meant for me ;)cos a head a little ...well...erm..nice time the other day with the DJ in the PH ;) NOT WHAT YOU THINK :) but if you knew what company I had with me you would have tried to flee as well ;)

about the other times...Just luck, I guess :)

I didn't know they'd play Flowers in the window...Sing I'd expected also Driftwood...but FitW? or Walking in the sun? ;)

ya lucky tour :)

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 7:58 AM Quote
Nell wrote:
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

hahahhaha maybe they don't like the English! :p hahahha

no..no idea

though I think that "walking in the sun" was meant for me ;)cos a head a little ...well...erm..nice time the other day with the DJ in the PH ;) NOT WHAT YOU THINK :) but if you knew what company I had with me you would have tried to flee as well ;)

about the other times...Just luck, I guess :)

I didn't know they'd play Flowers in the window...Sing I'd expected also Driftwood...but FitW? or Walking in the sun? ;)

ya lucky tour :)

The next time any of us go to London, we'll have to make sure to bring you along so we can hear some Travis:P

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 8:35 AM Quote
hey Nell!! Glad you liked London!!! that's an amazing city indeed!! I remember my first days in there I had some Travis stuffs around: I guess the 1st day I was eating an English Breakfast in a coffee nearby Piccadilly Circus and I heard WDIAROM... was amazing!! my fav song, the 1st day in London!! and before, in the flight, there was The boy with no name in the playlist... was amazing!! I saw a Travis video in HMV or Virgin (now Zaavi?) lovely!!

silvella
silvella Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 10:09 AM Quote
Hi!

Nice to read that you had a good time in London. It's simply a wonderful city! I love the cooperation from old and new buildings, and those old street lights etc. And how great that you "met" Travis there! It seems that they are spread more in England than in Scotland. In 15 days, I had the pleasure to listen to a little snippet of WDIAROM in an radio jingle. Next time I'll go to London again!!

Could you have a visit to the studios, or did you see them from the outside?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 12:44 PM Quote
Welcome back Nora, I'm glad you had a nice time and are safe and sound :)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 2:42 PM Quote

thx very much :)

actually that sushi restaurant was near the palladium

here's out waitor...what's his name again?

:D
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs168.snc1/6295_1206368122650_1332072976_30597084_4676259_n.jpg

julietravisaddict
julietravisaddict Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 8:17 PM Quote
hi Nora! I'm coing there too NeXT week, my first trip there !

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:18 PM