Travis

Indefinitely
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Sun 14 Jun, 2009 10:46 PM Quote
Just pondering the lyrics :

" moments last and lifetimes are lost in a day "

About time just being on your wrist.....

The lyrics are as brilliant as the music.

Re: Indefinately
leticia
leticia Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 1:04 AM Quote
Perfect lyrics. Perfect melody. My favourite Travis song, definitely :)

Fav part:

"Shine a light on me, so that everyone can see, that I want to stay here, INDEFINITELY"

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 1:27 AM Quote
My immediate thought after seeing the title's thread was 'I LOVE it!". Everything's perfect in that song :o).

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 11:02 AM Quote
My immediate thought was: "Correct the typo", lol! Just kidding, it's an amazing song! One of my favourites on TIB :)

I'm watching you breathing for the last time...
neo1011
neo1011 Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:46 PM Quote
Without a shadow of a doubt in my nous, the lyrics in question are a reference to the whimsical despair & rush of blood to the head impulsive decision for someone to kill themselves aka suicide.

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 1:08 PM Quote
Right now, one of my favourites :)

The part I've found myself quoting lately starts in the previous line: "Time exists just on your wrist so don't panic..."

(I think I need the reminder that I can't take certain moments for granted, no matter how insignificant they seem, in the end, life is just a collection of those moments...)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 1:41 PM Quote
It's amazing. Fran sang a really lovely version on that Songbook programme but they cut half of it out. :( I didn't realise until recently what a gem having that performance would have been, because i didn't realise how rare it is that they played it.

deebee
deebee Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 3:02 PM Quote
Now I can see the light
Circling around your reflection...
Gives me goosebumps every time!

I was soooo pleased when I heard them play this live - it really is a beauty!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:03 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
My immediate thought was: "Correct the typo", lol! Just kidding, it's an amazing song! One of my favourites on TIB :)

Done!! :)

( to quote - I'm x4 and I still have to look this up in the dictionary! its the 'in' so close to the 'it' heehee and ....i would have lost thousands on a game show !)

Re: I'm watching you breathing for the last time...
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:11 PM Quote
neo1011 wrote:
Without a shadow of a doubt in my nous, the lyrics in question are a reference to the whimsical despair & rush of blood to the head impulsive decision for someone to kill themselves aka suicide.

Do you think? I hadn't heard/thought it quite like that........adds to my e.s.p of something recent - strange .

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:22 PM Quote
Somewhere Else wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Done!! :)

( to quote - I'm x4 and I still have to look this up in the dictionary! its the 'in' so close to the 'it' heehee and ....i would have lost thousands on a game show !)

Hehe you know that you got it wrong this time too, right? Lol!

Re: Indefinitely
Intergalactic91
Intergalactic91 Posted Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
Perfect song! weird to think it was written amid a bunch of noisy trucks..heard it on youtube..fran healy songbook I think

Favourite part: apart 2 minutes in when the strings kick in!
Brilliant :)

Re: Indefinitely
Leia
Leia Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 7:25 PM Quote
It took me some time to appreciate this song, but now it never fails to "shine a light on me" and make me feel happy :)))
Absolutely brilliant :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 7:53 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Alex, sorry to break this to you but you've been spelling it wrong all season...

Indefinitely is quite possibly Fran's best whole song lyric ever, possibly trumped by More Than Us. "Moments last and lifetimes are lost in a day" should be etched into everyone's brains at birth :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 16 Jun, 2009 7:57 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Alex, sorry to break this to you but you've been spelling it wrong all season...

Woot, is it true? I've been doing my best to spell it right and spell-checked it with an online dictionary and still I manage to get it wrong for a whole season!! Darn it, I feel so emberassed now :(

I even think that it's spelled: "Indefinetely" now, KILL ME!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:02 AM