Travis

Re: Has the board finally died ??
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 2:15 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I've become really interested in russian folklore, that's probably why I don't post as much as I used to.

Ok, Swede Boy, you win the award for the best excuse for not posting.

th74
th74 Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
Holy cow, Anne, I hope everything turns out ok.

There are lots of reasons that I have posted less. I've never been someone who's posted a lot anyway. But the slowness of the board, being busier at work, and Facebook have all impacted my board time. But, I still pop in, and I hope the board won't die, because I have met some great people on here, too.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 4:13 PM Quote
I just found out my surgery has been approved!! Who thought I'd ever be so happy to get my jaw broken!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 4:15 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I just found out my surgery has been approved!! Who thought I'd ever be so happy to get my jaw broken!!!

YAY! congrats Anne! You may claim otherwise, but Im sure you used your very pursuasive devices to get the approval.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 4:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

YAY! congrats Anne! You may claim otherwise, but Im sure you used your very pursuasive devices to get the approval.

LOL! Petting, nose touch or boob graze? :P

Congrats, Anne!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 4:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I'm sure you won't believe me but I really didn't do much! I called a Human Resources people at Brian's company and made myself sound very pathetic and desperate and he did the rest.

I do want to send him cookies though. Or a pony.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 5:26 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

LOL! Petting, nose touch or boob graze? :P

[/quote]

No Anne, I dont believe you. It is all of those listed above plus baked goods. I've witnessed it first hand.

PS- check out my awesome quoting skills. Top notch, self.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 8:18 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
i blame bush , no i mean coldplay

I blame Gavin Newsom

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 11:04 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

let me translate that , Chea !

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 1:58 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:
Are you ok? What surgery do you need?

I am a freak of nature and for unknown reason the left side of my jaw started growing about 4 years ago. It is now under control but at first I had an extreme amount of pain because it obviously threw my bite off, causing headaches, neckaches, etc.

Once it stopped growing they put braces on me and now my bite is the way they want it for surgery. The surgeons will basically cut out the extra bone and fiddle with my jaw (both sides) to make it match again. But suddenly my insurance is saying they won't pay for it. It involves staying overnight at the hospital so it's quite expensive so there is no way I could just pay for it myself.

I'm currently working with a representative at my husband's company (that is who we have insurance through) and they are talking with the insurance about making an exception.

I say the pain is under control and it mainly is but it still aches pretty much constantly and there are a lot of foods I can't eat because I can't open my mouth wide enough and my jaw is weak I guess you could say and can't handle a lot of crunchy stuff without getting really sore and worn out.

It's a big mess but I'm trying not to worry about it because there isn't much I can do at the moment - I have to let the rep do his job.

If I can find it I'll post an X-ray that shows very obviously how one side is longer (though if you look closely at my face you can tell).

I am in pain just reading that . Good Luck

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 2:10 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I know this question comes up now and again when the board becomes quiet but three days worth of posts on one page ?? I also noticed that a lot of the "long timers" are posting less and less or have disappeared all together. Are social networking sites to blame ? Or has everyone just drifted away ?

Dubz

IMHO it's generally because of the following:

1. Message boards seem to be less fashionable, since FB etc.

2. This board is ridiculously slow.

3. No UK gigs for Travis (for what it's worth, I'll be back posting in both bits of the forum when dates are announced)

4. I'm not familiar with any bitchiness as referred to earlier in the thread, but that would be a good explanation for people posting less.

Here end my top 4 explanations for a quiet forum!!!

Moray
Moray Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 4:57 PM Quote
I watched a message board I liked dwindle in popularity basically because everyone became facebook / bebo friends, and then met each other in real life. So they all stopped communicating on the message board and used 'other' methods to keep in touch. Also, I think because they all met in real life some of the 'mystery' went and again people stopped using it so much. Just seems to be one of those things.

What we need are some amazing new topics for the boards. I'll get on the case.

For me, I've just been ridiculously busy lately and haven't had time to be on the board at all. I've dipped in and out casually, but not many of the topics on offer have sparked much of a fancy, so I haven't really posted.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 5:35 PM Quote
Popularity will always fluctuate a bit and with no news from the band or tours going on then it's a bit quiet at the moment. Hopefully new people will continue to move in and keep things fresh as people will always move onto other things. People won't meet other Travis fans on facebook so this board will still act as a great tool for that. I think the groups of people who all know each other (as Kristy said) can make it harder for others to join in but that's not the fault of those involved, not really the fault of anyone.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 7:40 PM Quote
Hmmm, Moray may be on to something. Are we lacking in new topics because we already know each other too well?

We know each other's names, seen pictures us and our hometowns, know everyone's favorite movies, TV shows, music, food, sports, talked about the weather, and we even dream about each other.

Maybe there's nothing new except what happens in our daily lives, which doesn't always make for an exciting read.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 9:02 PM Quote
I'm not that worried about the board :) If someone has something interesting they want to share I'm pretty he/she will post it. All boards have their up's and down's, sooner or later there will be threads all over the place again. We just need a little boost and something exciting to talk about, look at the activity in this thread for example.
Personally I like it better when there are less posts to catch up with, then I wont get stuck in front of the computer all day ;)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:10 AM