Travis

Re: What did the mean kids call you?
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 8:27 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Lol...I remember that. I guess I look taller in pictures!

I remember talking to you about this at the Austin show. That B&W one of you laughing you look like you are tall. Then we meet and you...aren't.

Wait a minute!! This is bringing up old memories that apparently I had buried, lol. They did call me something in elementary school: Smurfette or Shrimpette...because I was always the shortest girl in the class. Shrimpette because Trevor Perea was the shortest boy, and they called him Shrimp. They weren't mean though...these were my friends, lol!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 8:55 PM Quote
a- Sandy does look super tall in that b&w shot
b- Ric is a hippie
c- Mean kids called me Krispy. Jackasses.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 9:55 PM Quote
Hitler.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 9:57 PM Quote
Ah one of the reasons I left school aged 8 lol. I was called all manner of things... To my face I was Boffin (I should really thank them for this- I love my nickname now :-D), Goody-Two-Shoes (God knows why!), Know it all etc. etc.

Against all logic, I thought that the name calling would stop when I got to college... Hey ho, I'm almost 17 and proud of my Boffin-ness :-P

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:04 PM Quote
I was really tall (always placed in the back of the line) and thin (my legs looked like two sticks, I hated wearing dresses and skirts for that reason) so kids came up with the wonderful and really witty idea of calling me: noodle (fideo)
Actually I didn't care so much for the nickname in itself but since I already dreaded being so thin - in particular taller than everyone else (no way I could go unnoticed) - it was more of a pre-existing trauma brought to a different level of annoyance.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 12:51 AM Quote
I wasn't really teased but some people would just come up with names that would start with the same letters as my last name: McLaughlin
Like, McFly or McNugget

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 1:17 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
I wasn't really teased but some people would just come up with names that would start with the same letters as my last name: McLaughlin
Like, McFly or McNugget

Dusty McNugget?

Meridith
Meridith Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 2:29 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Like, McFly or McNugget

Dusty McNugget?

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 3:55 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
hennypenny wrote:
Like, McFly or McNugget

Dusty McNugget?

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

oh man, that just gave me a deep down really good belly laugh.

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
What did the mean kids call me?

Boss.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 5:15 PM Quote
The mean kids at my school knew better than to mess around with the smart kids, hehe!

It was actually my friends who would call me "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" or "Mary the Fairy", etc. I hate that my name rhymes with just about anything.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Wait a minute!! This is bringing up old memories that apparently I had buried, lol. They did call me something in elementary school: Smurfette or Shrimpette...because I was always the shortest girl in the class. Shrimpette because Trevor Perea was the shortest boy, and they called him Shrimp. They weren't mean though...these were my friends, lol!

Back when we a lot younger, we, the siblings, would call Sandy - Sandy Lobster...it all came from when our family would imitate the singers who sang the USA for Africa song "We are the World" and Sandy had Cindy Lauper's part - Cindy Lauper = Sandy Lobster...LOL!! I think I was Diana Ross :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 5:28 PM Quote
minnesotamary wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

Back when we a lot younger, we, the siblings, would call Sandy - Sandy Lobster...it all came from when our family would imitate the singers who sang the USA for Africa song "We are the World" and Sandy had Cindy Lauper's part - Cindy Lauper = Sandy Lobster...LOL!! I think I was Diana Ross :)

I love that there are sisters on the board that can supply us with gossip.

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 5:35 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
in school gamboa-constrictor today they call me a hippie

hippies are cool, tie dye rules...check out isaac's cool shirt (i hope i attached correctly--each of his cousins made him one):

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/minnemary/isaac/th_003.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/minnemary/isaac/th_005.jpg

minnesotamary
minnesotamary Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 5:37 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
minnesotamary wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I love that there are sisters on the board that can supply us with gossip.

that's just the tip of the iceberg...you should hear the songs my brother would make up about sandy!! sandy, how does that one song go?!!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:00 AM