Travis

What did the mean kids call you?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 4:23 PM Quote
At the ABC, we were discussing mean nicknames we were teased with in school.

For me, there was a commercial for some type of cleaner, can't remember what it was exactly, but the woman on the commercial said, "Hi, I'm Katie the cleaning lady." For quite a while, I was Kayte the Cleaning Lady. Not the worst thing in the world, but it was still annoying.

What did the mean kids call you?

Re: What did the mean kids call you?
Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 4:38 PM Quote
I don't think anyone ever really called me names, but I was QUITE offended cuz this girl INSISTED that I looked like Blossom. I did NOT think so.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/550/3mayim1.jpg

Eeps! While looking for this pic, I think I am starting to see why she said that... could it really be true?!?!?!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 4:43 PM Quote
I was called four-eyes. :(

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 4:45 PM Quote
I sometimes got Little Orphan Annie but the most common (and still lame) insult was based off of my last name (DeMarsh): DeMarshmallow.

yawn.

mili
mili Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 4:55 PM Quote
I broke my front tooth in a swinging accident when I was about 9 and have to have this silver coloured cap on it (until the tooth either matured or fell off (it didn't fall off and I got a tooth coloured tip for it some years later), so I was called "Iron tooth". Good job the James Bond villain Jaws was not commonly known.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
With a name like Cliodhna (pronounced clean-a) I got called anything like Cliodhna-table and so on. Actually it was my sister who had most fun with this, imagining my future husband's second name. After reading Harry Potter, she has decided she really wants me to marry a Longbottom.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 5:13 PM Quote

Kids were very mean to me. Besides the obvious "fat" and "ugly", kids used to call me Julia Roberts just because my name is Julieta... My name's not even Julia so it doesn't make sense. Now I think being called Julia Roberts wasn't so bad at all, but it was annoying back then.
And I had another nickname that I find hilarious now but I thought it was very offensive then: Pamela Anderson. I was one of the first girls to develop in my class, so apparently I was the only one with boobs. The funny thing is my boobs aren't so big.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 5:27 PM Quote
in school gamboa-constrictor today they call me a hippie

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 5:47 PM Quote
The mean kids weren't really mean to me, luckily.

I used to walk home in elementary school with some .friends, and one of their little cousins used to say, "Sandy...make me some Candy!" all the time.

In Jr. High, I had an art class, and they called me Samurai Sandy, hence my username.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 6:25 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I used to walk home in elementary school with some .friends, and one of their little cousins used to say, "Sandy...make me some Candy!" all the time.

In Jr. High, I had an art class, and they called me Samurai Sandy, hence my username.

I was wondering how that name came about and forgot to ask you in Chicago. I remember Fran saying to you after the SF show that he thought you would be taller with your name. :)

dee
dee Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:16 PM Quote
hippy, stoner, bob (after bob marley), darren (very similar to my name), dracula

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:26 PM Quote
Monicaca (caca = poo).

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:47 PM Quote
Meridith wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I was wondering how that name came about and forgot to ask you in Chicago. I remember Fran saying to you after the SF show that he thought you would be taller with your name. :)

Lol...I remember that. I guess I look taller in pictures!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:51 PM Quote
Besides "ugly" and "stupid", "grandma", they say I looked and acted like one, I don't why... I was a very cool kid, they just didn't understand me :oP. Although most of the times kids don't even talked to me, I was kinda invisible, and I appeared only to be called names :o(.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 7:57 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Lol...I remember that. I guess I look taller in pictures!

I remember talking to you about this at the Austin show. That B&W one of you laughing you look like you are tall. Then we meet and you...aren't.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:27 PM