Travis

Re: Your MVT item
irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 3:30 PM Quote
My Ode To J.Smith signed and the pics with them, they bring me some of the best memories of my life :)

And the CD's, the tickets...

FranFlower
FranFlower Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 4:03 PM Quote
Probably my first setlist (signed) form the first time I met the band personally. And also the huge Scottish flag I got in Aberdeen at the new years concert a few years back, along with the memories from that night - wishing the guys a happy new year in person, chatting with Dougie, Neil's wee kiss on the cheek - aah, good memories :)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/163/30989086.jpg http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1608/72038236.jpg http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4363/22431683.jpg

silvella
silvella Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 10:26 PM Quote
Only one?? Hard decision... But I think it's the orange bass plectrum. Dougie had thrown a couple of these plecs into the crowd, and I was soooo disappointed that I couldn't catch one. And later in the lobby, my friend Tina said: "I've got a surprise for you, because I know it means much more to you than to me." - and she gave me the plec she had caught! It's my precious!! My MVT item.

And I agree with Ben, Alex and all the guys who said: it's the shows!! These memories and feelings stay forever. And then the amiability of the guys, the patience they have with us. So this is the non-item MVT.

I'm proud to be a Travis fan, and I think Travis can be proud for their fans as well. Are you??

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 11:25 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
The first Travis-record I bought, simply because it's what got me into Travis. The record I'm talking about is TIB.

Exactly the same for me. :)

Hehe maybe we are boardie twins Ben! ;)

Haha. Maybe Alex. ;)

damon
damon Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 3:54 AM Quote
the pic andy personally gave me after "Back In black" in the longest travis concert... also gave the set list, and water... but the pic kick ass ! (he signed it the following day)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 6:54 AM Quote
Choose is extremely hard.

Before november 14th I truly believed that my MVT item was my TIB album, the 'key' to know Travis for many of us, but now after that glorious day in 2008 I'm not so sure, that day was incredible since the beggining, at midnight, when we were in the airport to receive them until the end, after their performance at Lima Hot Festival.

I'm sure: Always there's a breaking point (a before/after) after meet the band, these guys not only are greats musicians, are magnificent persons too and that's invaluable.

silvella wrote:

I'm proud to be a Travis fan, and I think Travis can be proud for their fans as well. Are you??

Oooh! So true! :)

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 6:18 PM Quote
Bah, I've just deleted what I wrote - it's in the wrong thread!! Jeez I'm tired!!!!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 6:38 PM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
Anonamous3 wrote:
The memories from their live shows. Priceless, and no one can ever take those away.

Same here. I think exactly the same.

DEFINITELY!Its been over 8 mths since I last saw them,but everytime i think of that night I can't help feeling the rush and the excitement all over again.Those memories are priceless!

And item wise,has got to be Dougie's orange plectrum too silvella!!!Ur friend's so sweet!I rmbrd i had a not-so-smooth-sailing journey to getting the plectrum too!
Dougie threw it to me but it landed at the tip of my finger bounced off and dropped just outside the barricades where the security men are.THANK GOD this lovely security dude gave it to me despite the many hands and voices that begged him to gave it to them..The obstacle i encountered def makes the plectrum the MVT item i have to date:)

silvella
silvella Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 12:41 PM Quote
frandougeil wrote:

And item wise,has got to be Dougie's orange plectrum too silvella!!!Ur friend's so sweet!I rmbrd i had a not-so-smooth-sailing journey to getting the plectrum too!
Dougie threw it to me but it landed at the tip of my finger bounced off and dropped just outside the barricades where the security men are.THANK GOD this lovely security dude gave it to me despite the many hands and voices that begged him to gave it to them..The obstacle i encountered def makes the plectrum the MVT item i have to date:)

LOL!! It's crazy what we fans are doing for our MVT... Where do you have your plectrum now? I'd like to wear it as a pendant on a necklace, but I don't want to make a hole in it... Do you have an idea, frandougeil? (What's actually your name? I'm Silvia.)
Yeah, my friend Tina is great!! She's the only one (besides you fans on the board) I can share my Travis passion with. Who else can understand that we are desperately looking for a little plastic thing??!!

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 4:58 PM Quote
A scottish flag I got in Aberdeen in the new year´s eve of 2008. It´s signed by 3 members of the band, only Fran´s one is missing.
It was an incredible gig

PictureInWhite
PictureInWhite Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 5:11 PM Quote
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5698/signedjacket.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
silvella wrote:
I'd like to wear it as a pendant on a necklace, but I don't want to make a hole in it... Do you have an idea

Maybe get a very small picture frame and mount it in that. This is a bad picture, but just for example:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3406/3486657678_a2d7c4d304_m.jpg

silvella
silvella Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 7:04 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
silvella wrote:
I'd like to wear it as a pendant on a necklace, but I don't want to make a hole in it... Do you have an idea

Maybe get a very small picture frame and mount it in that. This is a bad picture, but just for example:

Thanks! Looks great! I'll have a look for such a frame.

steeler62
steeler62 Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 9:23 AM Quote
Would be the first album i got from them which was TIB. Also a moment i love and will always remember was when i first heard The Humpty Dumpty Love Song Live. I shouted like a girl and that is a huge favorite of mine. Really made the night amazing!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Thu 30 Apr, 2009 2:58 PM Quote
silvella wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
silvella wrote:

Thanks! Looks great! I'll have a look for such a frame.

Hello Silvia=) My name's Sue..Yeah its crazy the lengths we'd go to just to get our MVT=D Putting it as a pendant and framing it up are both GREAT ideas!I actually have it kept somewhere safe in the company of all my other treasured items,that's until I figure out what I wanna do to it;D Thanks guys for the awesome suggestions=D

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:29 AM