Travis

Your MVT item
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 8:10 PM Quote
What do you consider to be your most valuable Travis item? I've asked this on the last version of the board and am interested to see what you cherish the most. It could be sentimental or a costly item.

Re: Your MVT item
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 8:16 PM Quote
The first Travis-record I bought, simply because it's what got me into Travis. The record I'm talking about is TIB.

My second most valuable item is my bootleg The Band Who Are, which I bought after TIB because I wanted to hear more and thought that this actually was The Man Who. When I came home I realized that it was a live-CD, a very nice one ;)

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 8:40 PM Quote
Besides the actual albums, my most cherished Travis item would have to be the photograph that I’m now using as my avatar of me and Fran. The weekend I spent in Chicago with my fellow boardie friends was one of the most memorable and special times I’ve ever had and I will never forget that moment when Kristy, Andrew, Kayte, Lindsay and I walked around the front of the tour bus and saw Fran standing there in the window looking down at us in full J. Smith-mode with this smirk on his face. He’s such a lovely person and I’m so honored to have met my favorite musician three times now!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:09 PM Quote
If I could save only one thing from a huge and rather unlikely Travis-hating fire that was ravaging through every Travis item in the world, it would have to be a single copy of The Man Who. To think all those feelings could be lost for ever... *shudder*

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
Probably my autographed ticket stubs.

mili
mili Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:51 PM Quote
I have a signed J Smith vinyl and an eye mug I have my working tea from. Oh, and the albums, too, of course!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 26 Apr, 2009 11:07 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
The first Travis-record I bought, simply because it's what got me into Travis. The record I'm talking about is TIB.

Exactly the same for me. :)

Anonamous3
Anonamous3 Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:07 AM Quote
The memories from their live shows. Priceless, and no one can ever take those away.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:25 AM Quote
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3462857608_70e42ae93c_m.jpg

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 12:31 AM Quote
Anonamous3 wrote:
The memories from their live shows. Priceless, and no one can ever take those away.

Same here. I think exactly the same. Well, for me the memories from their live shows, and from the few times I've been able to meet them. Memories are the best thing anyone can keep and treasure :o).

But talking about items would be also TIB or the J.Smith vinyl signed (it was so hard for me to get this one. Glad I did it :oD). Well, also some of the singles and vinlys I own. It's really very hard to get those in Mexico, so they are real precious items xD.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 3:30 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Me too.
My first Travis-record l bought was '12 Memories'.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 9:47 AM Quote
My MVTs are probably my Travis setlists. To me they encapsulate the entire experience onto one convenient sheet of legal sized paper. =)

Of course there are the albums the singles, the pictures, and various Travis Paraphernalia that I will always treasure.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 9:55 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Hehe maybe we are boardie twins Ben! ;)

leticia
leticia Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 2:49 PM Quote
My Travis encounters and the 2 shows I went... I'll never forget them : )

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 27 Apr, 2009 2:57 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3462857608_70e42ae93c_m.jpg

i printed out a 1000 of those , check my ebay

outside of memories of kick ass shows

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:28646.jpg

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:47 AM