Travis

Ok. I've heard some stupid stuff but this has to top it all.
moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 4:30 PM Quote
I was sitting in my classroom waiting for my lesson to start and I was keeping to myself, half listening to what everyone was chatting about (It's hard not to, my classmates are pretty loud). One group of people were listening to music and when a girl complained about it the guy who's music it was jokingly said 'Don't complain about my music or I'll put some Mozart on'. In response to this, another girl asked 'Didn't Mozart come from Chatham?' (Chatham is my hometown in Kent). Considering that this particular girl has previously said that she'd studied Mozart in her first year of secondary school, this has to have been the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I wanted to run away. Quickly.

Anyone else have a story like this?

Re: Ok. I've heard some stupid stuff but this has to top it
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 4:42 PM Quote
Totally different kind of stupid story, but...

I was on a train on Saturday and on my way home, I came from upstairs to wait by the door because I was getting off at the next stop. The car was pretty empty, except for 2 girls that didn't know each other, but were deep in conversation. This is what I heard:

"Everyone thought I was crazy when I moved in with a guy after 5 days. Then I got pregnant 2 months later. I gave the baby up for adoption. Good thing, he was crazy. We broke up after 9 months" Now, I don't know if she meant the baby or the guy was crazy, but in reality this chick is the one who is crazy. Who tells that story to a complete stranger on a train?

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 4:51 PM Quote
I was talking with a friend about The Beatles and suddenly a girl started to talk with us. She said: "The Beatles... oh yes, John Lennon, Ringo, and Paul Newman...aren't they the Beatles?" My friend and I ran away.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 7:45 PM Quote
I once knew someone who wrote an essay in an exam on "the famoust novelist, Monty Python", i almost died laughing when i found out. She didn't look too impressed with me!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 8:02 PM Quote
When I was going to school to become a teacher, there was a girl in my class who did an entire lesson based on the famous ceiling in the "Sixteen Chapel."

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 8:14 PM Quote
I will throw in my own personal stupidity.
When I was 4 or so, and learning the alphabet, I thought lmnop was one letter, pronounced elamenopee.
To make matters worse, L & M are 2 of my initials.

And until far too recently, I didnt realize that martian refered to only creatures from mars. I thought it was a synonym for alien. Seriously, I must have been 19 or 20 when that dawned on me. DUMMY.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
Soon after Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet came out I overheard two sorority (read: ditzy, superficial, fake, girls I want to slap in the face)girls were discussing the movie. One of them said, "I liked that they changed the language so it wasn't so like 'thee' and 'thou' and whatever."

I was torn between wanting to laugh in their stupid faces since the movie kept the original language (granted they cut a lot of lines) and wanting to write Baz Luhrman a letter of congratulations for making it so accessible that stupid people could understand it.

Aída
Aída Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 8:39 AM Quote

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 10:28 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I was on a train on Saturday and on my way home, I came from upstairs to wait by the door because I was getting off at the next stop. The car was pretty empty, except for 2 girls that didn't know each other, but were deep in conversation. This is what I heard:

"Everyone thought I was crazy when I moved in with a guy after 5 days. Then I got pregnant 2 months later. I gave the baby up for adoption. Good thing, he was crazy. We broke up after 9 months" Now, I don't know if she meant the baby or the guy was crazy, but in reality this chick is the one who is crazy. Who tells that story to a complete stranger on a train?

Its incidents like that , that make me think god bless ipods and earphones :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 1:10 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Its incidents like that , that make me think god bless ipods and earphones :)

The damn battery died on me. I was not impressed. Although hearing that made me feel slightly better about my existance.

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 1:57 PM Quote
a few years back when i was on the bus one lad said to his pal - "have you heard jackos version of that alien ant farm song?". :o

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 3:42 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
a few years back when i was on the bus one lad said to his pal - "have you heard jackos version of that alien ant farm song?". :o

This made me want to cry a little bit.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

And until far too recently, I didnt realize that martian refered to only creatures from mars. I thought it was a synonym for alien. Seriously, I must have been 19 or 20 when that dawned on me. DUMMY.

You are not alone, I thought that too ;-P

Another story- my sister used to believe that spiders could only make three webs. She only realised when she turned 27 and I broke it to her that it was just a story that our Mum used to tell us lol

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 6:31 PM Quote
In my second year religion exam a girl wrote that Muhammad, the founder of Islam, who lived in the 7th century, died by litrally shooting himself in the foot.

DavesUrMan
DavesUrMan Posted Tue 03 Mar, 2009 10:43 PM Quote
Its prob best I don't start here

We'd be here all night.

However I did hear a few weeks ago "Queen have copied that McFly song..."

Doesn't compare to hearing things like "Reiki - its the practice of using the universes energy to heal people by chaning their energies..."

Energy is a physical measurement in JOULES (sorry americans, not ergs etc) you can't just decide that you like the word energy and think it applies to anything other than a physical description of the transfer of something quantifiable by Joules!!

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 7:02 AM