barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:27 PM Quote
PETER KAY

hilarious!

Re: Comedians
TK23
TK23 Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:50 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
Two guys i really like...Daniel Tosh...Jim Gaffigan.

I LOVE Daniel Tosh!!! So funny!

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 9:16 PM Quote
Personal Favourite Stand Ups::

Stewart Lee
Ross Noble
Lee Evans
Harry Hill
Dave Gorman
Tommy Cooper
Al Murray

Jerry Sadowitz as well, but I can't find any you tube of him, but he's amazing

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 10:30 PM Quote
My two favorite are not really stand-up comedians but more comedic actors:
Ricky Gervais
Steve Carrell

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 1:59 AM Quote
Tonie wrote:
I'm going to see Stephen Merchant do a stand up gig next week. Will report back!

Fyi, he's better known as being Ricky Gervais' co writer on The Office and Extras. No idea how this'll translate into a gig, but am going with mind wide open :)

Oh my god!!! Can i come with you?! lol I really don't know what he'll be like as a stand up but i bet he's going to be amazing. If you've ever listened to the podcasts or the old XFM radio shows you'll know his anecdotes are always hilarious. His trip to Brazil comes to mind. :)

Big fan of Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant (and Karl Pilkington). :)

Only ever been to one stand up gig and that was Lee Evans last year. He was great. :)

velouria
velouria Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 2:52 AM Quote
Dunno if these have been posted yet, but:
Demetri Martin!
Patton Oswalt
Godfrey
Kristen Schaal

[All American comedians by the way].

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:57 AM Quote
I went and saw Janeane Garofalo a couple of years ago. She was very funny.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 8:46 AM Quote
Moray wrote:

Jerry Sadowitz as well, but I can't find any you tube of him, but he's amazing

Too Rude even for Youtube ?? I can't even find The Pallbearers Review, his very short lived series on BBC2.

If you do go to see Sadowitz stay well away from the front rows, he is not known for his diplomacy or tact. (He was punched at the Montreal Comedy Festival a few years back when he walked on stage and introduced himself with the words "Hello Moose-Fuckers")

Dubz

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:55 AM Quote
JACK BLACK definitely=D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 11:41 AM Quote
frandougeil wrote:
JACK BLACK definitely=D

Good girl, he's hilarious ;) I just bought a Jack Black 3-pack and now I'm a Jack Black addictive :D Nacho Libre is my favourite film at the moment and my dad watches it every night, lol!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 1:45 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Tonie wrote:
I'm going to see Stephen Merchant do a stand up gig next week. Will report back!

Fyi, he's better known as being Ricky Gervais' co writer on The Office and Extras. No idea how this'll translate into a gig, but am going with mind wide open :)

Oh my god!!! Can i come with you?!

Sure you can! :) Best venue in London - the Union Chapel. Sitting in the pews. Beautiful.

I have no expectations, except that I am a sucker for good stand up. I did used to listen to Stephen from time to time on XFM, and he's good, I agree. Strangely though, I cannot stand Ricky Gervais.

More thoughts on comediens:

On an aside, imho, doesn't matter what you look like, if you can make people laugh you are sexy. This is definitive, non arguable, non negotiable!

I even found Alan Carr rather lovely, when I saw him a couple of years ago at Hammersmith (before he became so mainstream)!!! And very very funny.

Sean Locke, as mentioned earlier, was also great when I saw him last year.

Russell Brand, oh yes, very funny indeed. Would pay to see him if he wasn't sold out. My only problem with him is that my daughter (14) has a crush on him, to the extent that she has planned their wedding, named the kids etc etc. I wish I was joking about this bit....

Finally another vote for Peter Kay. He is probably the best, and the one I'd most, more than anyone, like to have seen, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, when he did his Blackpool and Bolton gigs. His Phoenix Nights is about the funniest sitcom ever (imho), and the one I've cried laughing at time and time again.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 3:45 PM Quote
Haha. Wish i could come. I'd love to see him. He's been working on his stand up for a while after not doing it for quite some time. I think it'll be great. A lot different than Ricky Gervais i expect. ;) Hehe.

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 3:53 PM Quote
Bill Bailey is my favourite comedian. I went to see 'Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra' in October and it was absolutely fantastic (one of the best parts was when the orchestra played a cockney versions of classical music- It was awesome!) Definitely one to look up on youtube lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:09 PM Quote
moo_the_evil_boffin wrote:
Bill Bailey is my favourite comedian. I went to see 'Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra' in October and it was absolutely fantastic (one of the best parts was when the orchestra played a cockney versions of classical music- It was awesome!) Definitely one to look up on youtube lol

I'll Second Bill Bailey, I have a box set of his first 3 Tours, Part Troll, Bewildered & Cosmic Jam, very funny ad a very talented musician also.

Dubz

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:11 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Haha. Wish i could come. I'd love to see him. He's been working on his stand up for a while after not doing it for quite some time. I think it'll be great. A lot different than Ricky Gervais i expect. ;) Hehe.

Hope you're right in every respect! :) Will let you know how it goes.

Out of interest, is it too far from where you live to consider getting a ticket?

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:21 PM