Travis

Re: What's the Song that Did It for You?
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 8:43 PM Quote
Wow
Long story...

Well, I first listened to Travis thanks to a cousin, he had two of Travis' albums on his computer (The Invisible Man & 12 Memories). That's the first time I listened to them!

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 10:10 PM Quote

It was Driftwood. Heard it on the radio. (woxy.com ;)) I liked it. I saw they were playing in Cincinnati and decided that I had to go for some reason. (I may or may not have purchased the Man Who at this point. I don't remember.)

Anyway, it wasn't any one song that made me a fan for life, it was the show. :)

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 10:20 PM Quote
I was sitting in a car with four friends (three of them squeezed in the back seats, haha), and one of them gave me a CD (with a light & strangely-beautiful cover photo) to put into the CD player... which I did.
"Writing to Reach You" got me instantly interested and by the time "Turn" came up I was a fan ;)

hm, I've "lost contact" with the guy who'd brought the CD with him that day, but he's responsible for me being a Travis-fan ;)

velouria
velouria Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 10:36 PM Quote
It's interesting to see that shows are what hooked some of you guys. I'm going to be seeing them for the first time in Los Angeles come April so maybe my love for the band will grow. I've heard only good things about their live shows.

Selfish_Noow
Selfish_Noow Posted Wed 18 Feb, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
For me it's Sing. I saw it on a TV show but I became a Travis fan with Closer

yurieee
yurieee Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 6:15 AM Quote
leticia wrote:
I think that the first song I listenened was WDIAROM in MTV. But the one that made me fall in love with them was Indefinitely. I couldn't stop listening to them from then on : )

Indefinitely is also my most no.1 fav Travis track and i don't have the second not even the third. Totally head over heal with this song..

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 12:06 PM Quote
i saw "the beautiful occupation" on tv - live at the EMAs i think. i remember getting the single afterwards but ahhh, i can't find it anymore, lol. i mean, i'm totally sure i bought it, but i haven't been able to find it for years now ;D it's really strange.

but i always loved "why does it always rain on me" and "sing", as both were on the radio a lot when i was younger (well, they still are actually ^^)

the first album i got was 12 memories.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 3:03 PM Quote
Driftwood. In 2005.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 3:55 PM Quote
Concert on a festival in my city, Córdoba, 22/09/2007. I will never forget this date ^.^
Before I have never heard about them. So... thank you Travis for coming here :P

neo1011
neo1011 Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 4:12 PM Quote
Side or Sing. The former blew my mind away upon hearing it at www.target.com.au The latter I bought the OZ CD single, & was struck by the melancholy of Beautiful (a precursor to Sir James Hillier Blount's most famous hit?). 4 or 5 years later, the full tenacity & 'trust no one' misogynist fervour of Killer Queen really hit home. Now, 4 years after, the road of fandom has continued, but for how long - assuming the world will be around for a decade or so more...

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 5:48 PM Quote
Broke my wrist - in the A&E for hours and the video of Flowers in the Window was on the tv - alot. I fell in love after about the third time it was on.

paulo
paulo Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
I became a "serious" Travis fan when I heard Turn on the radio in November 1999.That song blew me away when I heard it.It's a fantastic record.I still love it.After that I bought the man who then Good feeling and have been a fan ever since.

Leia
Leia Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 7:46 PM Quote
I liked Travis since Sing and Side, but they were just one of my favourite bands. It was Closer that made me their crazy fan. I heard it on the radio and the DJ said that they were going to release a new album. I thought then, "That's nice, and the song is so lovely". After hearing it for the third or forth time I completely fell in love with it. And yet it was the video Love Will Come Through that I saw right then for the first time. So I bought all Travis albums and DVD "Singles" and since then it's my ¹1 band forever.

Sorcha
Sorcha Posted Thu 19 Feb, 2009 10:09 PM Quote
I knew the songs "sing" and "why does it always rain on me" and always liked them, but never felt the urge to buy their CDs but then, one day, i was watching a music channel on TV and there was an interview which was quite interesting, they were talking about "12 memories" and they also played some of their music videos and after that, I just went into the next music store, bought "12 memories" and I completely fell in love with this CD, i really liked EVERY song and so I started to buy more and more and now I'm completely addicted to their music and can't live without it anymore

lizbeth0619
lizbeth0619 Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 2:21 AM Quote
velouria wrote:
It's interesting to see that shows are what hooked some of you guys. I'm going to be seeing them for the first time in Los Angeles come April so maybe my love for the band will grow. I've heard only good things about their live shows.

Seriously best live show, hands down. They're music is awesome but nothing compares to the experience of a Travis concert......Personally, dragging non fans has changed them to love Travis. ha ha!
As You Are did it for me!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:37 AM