Travis

My... ehem... singing covers
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:05 PM Quote
*Dies of embarrassment*

Well, I'm taking singing lessons (some of you already know that), and my coach encourages me to record myself singing on top of instrumental tracks to practice.
Last year I posted on the board a version of Driftwood I had recorded and many of you boardies were very nice to me :o)

So now, a year later or so, I'm posting some more songs (encouraged by some friendly boardies haha). I'd love it if any of you would like to give me your honest opinion about them (after all, I'm learning!) :o)

I should warn you first:

a. I'm not a profesional singer, I'm so shy I can't even sing in front of people I don't know... So as you can imagine, I make many mistakes.

b. The sound quality is awful.

c. My English pronunciation sucks.

d. It's just my voice and an instrumental track, so it's not a cover, it doesn't sound cool.

Driftwood... New version... I'd like to believe that my singing has improved since last year :oP

Sarah

Flowers In The Window

And that's it! I hope some of you will listen to them and tell me what you think :o)

And thanks again for your kind words to those who have heard them already! I really appreciate it :o)

Re: My... ehem... singing covers
Lucile
Lucile Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:17 PM Quote
Just one word Juli : wow! You have a really good voice! If hadn't said you were just learning, you could have fooled me into believing you were a pro.
And your pronunciation is really good too. I'm not a native but I teach English phonetics to students who want to become English teachers and most of them don't speak half as well as you do.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:19 PM Quote
Juli!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you sound wonderful!! Your tone has this tenderness to it that is very sweet. But you still sound strong (not wussy). (I don't know if that makes sense but I swear it's a compliment)

Thank you for posting these. Very brave for someone who won't sing in front of others. Though you should be proud because you sound good.

I hope Fran hears these and invites you to sing with them the next time they are in Argentina.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:23 PM Quote
You see Juli, I'm not the only one who think you're GREAT, don't be shy!

You have the voice of an angel! Stop practising and go PRO, maybe a duet with mr Healy would be a good start?

/Your biggest fan

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:32 PM Quote
You know what i think Juli. I think you're really great! You have such a nice voice and a lovely sound. I still want to hear more. ;) :P Keep the singing going, and be more confident and have more belief in yourself because you're really good!!! :)

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:37 PM Quote
Hey Juli, these are fantastic! I particularly like your version of Flowers (even with the Chipmunks as backing singers, LOL) It can't be easy posting this on the board but it deserves a lot of praise :-)

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:38 PM Quote
Juli!!! How can u say that you have an awful voice!!?? It's beautiful!

CONGRATS!!!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
Wow!! Thank you all so much for taking the trouble of listening, and thank you for your comments!!! You're all so, so lovely!!! :o)
I'm really flattered, THANK YOU!!! :o)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 5:08 PM Quote
Juli, they were wonderful! You have no reason to be shy. You're a very good singer. You kick La Lopez to the curb!

Nacho
Nacho Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
i think we've discussed this many times... i say you rock, you say i'm just being nice...i say i really like your covers, you say i'm never critical...
i don't care, once again: Juli, i'm your fan! and it's decided, i'm getting your autograph next time i see you, ok?

Wolfy
Wolfy Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 7:51 PM Quote
Absolutely brilliant, stunning, i loved all of them!!!
And the backing vocals on FITW were amazing!!!
Good job, looking forward to the next cover.....

Aletways
Aletways Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 8:33 PM Quote
See? And you told me that I was crazy for telling you to post them here!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 8:53 PM Quote
Wow Juli!
Seriously, you're good at this :D
You have a very good and lovely voice.
l really liked FlTW...You sing it beautiful!!
Keep practicing! l'm sure you can be a professional singer ;)

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 9:10 PM Quote
GREAT, Juli!!! :o)
I didn't know that you have this nice voice! I hadn't heard your Drifwood cover before!

Selfish_Noow
Selfish_Noow Posted Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:27 PM Quote
Hey! You have a great voice! I love it!! Just one word : AWESOME!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:55 AM