Travis

Things I hate about a monday - a ranting post
Joe
Joe Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:33 AM Quote
Small talk - Just let me get me goddamn coffee in peace. I don't want to sound rude, but what you did over the weekend can wait until I've woken up enough to give a damn.

Calling French Managers - I've worked with people from several nationalities and can appreciate each one's strong points, but, somehow, trying to get information out of a French bloke a 9:10 a.m. is the quickest way of getting both people in a bad mood; aa shame it's important information his been dithering on for the past 2 months.

Walking to work - A twenty minute walk up hill, when I had to lance a boil of my heel yesterday (think "Run Fat Boy Run" and you'll get a rough idea of the size; I thought the film had been exagerating). Ouch.

Realising that you only got half the things you'd plaaned done over the weekend.

Re: Things I hate about a monday - a ranting post
Darran
Darran Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:34 AM Quote
Builders arriving with a cement mixer at 0550am across the road from me.

On a F***ing Monday morning!

Good grief

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:43 AM Quote
- having to spend 2,5 hours on a train
- knowing I need to come up with an "agenda" for my dissertation (my professor has been waiting for it for 3 weeks now... but I can't find the books I need and btw WHO SAID tourist information centres were service-centres?! I'd like to have a word with that person.)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 10:46 AM Quote
Having to get up! Full stop!

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 11:14 AM Quote
same shite different day

Joe
Joe Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 11:18 AM Quote
And another thing; I went up to get some coffee, wearing these 60 Quid designer trousers (I only paid 30 quid though, 'cause I'm hardly the most dedicated follower of fashion, but I needed something for work) and this French girl in marketing said: "Oh, are those your combats?" Well that was 30 quid well spent on Peter Werths (I'm told they're a decent brand and they certainly look good quality).

Oh and my bank balance is down to 6o quid. Roll on pay day!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 11:38 AM Quote
When I start work early, against my will - but I'm a good girl with a big to-do list, only to find that the company computers have crashed.

I have spent the last 3 hours doing literally nothing, but waiting for them to be fixed. What a bloody waste of my time.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:06 PM Quote

I'm just up, had a fried breakfast, already applied for a few jobs. Heading into town to pay some bills and probably go for a pint.

It's a hard life

Dubz

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:29 PM Quote
Getting up and going to work.*

*applies to tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:32 PM Quote
I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't want to go to work today. :'( Whaaaa! *throws tantrum* I hate Mondays. I have to work the Friday after Thanksgiving too. Boooo!

Joe
Joe Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:32 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I'm just up, had a fried breakfast, already applied for a few jobs. Heading into town to pay some bills and probably go for a pint.

It's a hard life

Dubz

You always know how to make my day. Still, only 30mins to beer o'clock for me too, one would hope.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:37 PM Quote
Joe wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

It's a hard life

Dubz

You always know how to make my day. Still, only 30mins to beer o'clock for me too, one would hope.

haha sorry mate,

A liquid lunch or a half shift ??

Dubz

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Joe wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

It's a hard life

Dubz

haha sorry mate,

A liquid lunch or a half shift ??

Dubz

OUI !

I'll have a massive mojito

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 1:12 PM Quote
There is nothing to like about monday.
I hate that one is expected to be able to form coherent thoughts and not come dressed in your jammies.
I hate that I slept horribly on the weekend and am just as tired as I was on Friday, and specifically today I hate that my car insurance is due.
erg. just want to sleep.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Mon 24 Nov, 2008 1:45 PM Quote
My Monday has been improved by a lunchtime gym class. I feel a lot better about the day now.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:37 AM