Travis

Album Names
feri
feri Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:29 AM Quote
I apologize if this topic has already been made, but is it just me or there's this wierd pattern going on with the album names (well only 3 actually)

The Man WHO
The INVISIBLE Band
The Boy with NO NAME

How come all these albums refer to something that is 'unknown' in some way or another. Am I the only one who thinks this? Is it just me overanalyzing?Is it just a coincident?

I know the story about the last 2 albums on the list, but I'm just wondering, did this happen by chance or on purpose!

Re: Album Names
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:14 AM Quote
well i can't tell you the answer i dont know, i'm sorry

mayfly
mayfly Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:34 AM Quote
Travis boys always say Music is more important than the band itself and musicians should be remembered by their music, none of bands are bigger than music. It's a sorta 'anonymity' as they say and the titles of their albums and artworks follow this anonymity.

Joe
Joe Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 10:43 AM Quote
There was an article about this posted here a while back... interesting read. Have a search for it.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:11 PM Quote
The Man Who refers to the title of a book, which i can't remember the title of right now, but trust me on it...

The Invisible Band was called so because Fran was pissed off that he was 'Travis'. Like people in the street (and me and some other boardies experienced this at the last Travis gig in Glasgow... a passer-by asks "Who's playing tonight then?" and you say "Travis" and they say "Cool, i really like HIS music...") thought Travis was a one-man-band, and Fran wasn't having it.

The Boy, well you all know where it came from!

So if you look at it like that, it's coincedental

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:20 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
The Man Who refers to the title of a book, which i can't remember the title of right now, but trust me on it...

The Invisible Band was called so because Fran was pissed off that he was 'Travis'. Like people in the street (and me and some other boardies experienced this at the last Travis gig in Glasgow... a passer-by asks "Who's playing tonight then?" and you say "Travis" and they say "Cool, i really like HIS music...") thought Travis was a one-man-band, and Fran wasn't having it.

and if you stick 12 memories in there no connection.. so yeah co-inkydink

monkey
monkey Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 6:25 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

i've heard people over the years refer to fran as travis too, makes me laugh

Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 7:36 PM Quote
в реале запарили с тупыми темами... thanky

Lien
Lien Posted Tue 12 Jun, 2007 9:54 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

The title is 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat' by Oliver Sacks. I read it a couple of years ago, when I was in a bit of a Sacks-obsession. It's a very interesting, and seriously mindblowing book. It's non-fiction, though :)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 13 Jun, 2007 4:31 PM Quote
Lien wrote:
paul_c wrote:

The title is 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat' by Oliver Sacks. I read it a couple of years ago, when I was in a bit of a Sacks-obsession. It's a very interesting, and seriously mindblowing book. It's non-fiction, though :)

Cool, thatnks for that, yet another book for me to read ;)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 11:05 PM