Travis

Re: Favourite foreign language film
lilly
lilly Posted Sat 01 Nov, 2008 4:46 PM Quote
oooh and I forgot to name "Être et avoir", such a great little French movie!

physke
physke Posted Sat 01 Nov, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
Monica wrote:

physke wrote:
And I forgot to mention about Amores Perros! It's also great..The soundtrack is more than great - Lucha de gigantes!

I tried to watch that film but seriously, I didn't understand a word they said! And Spanish is my native language! *lol*

You should try to watch it with English subtitles:)) I don't know what is so special about the film but it has some kind of passion in it which makes me cry every time I watch it.

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
I recently watched La Môme (the story of Edith Piaf) and although it's a bit dark, Cotillard's performance is amazing!
Now that I live in France, can I count "Grease" as a foreign language film? :-P Aaah memories!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:06 PM Quote

La Haine - Woop Woop this is the sound of da police!!!

Dubz

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 4:10 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
I recently watched La Môme (the story of Edith Piaf) and although it's a bit dark, Cotillard's performance is amazing!
Now that I live in France, can I count "Grease" as a foreign language film? :-P Aaah memories!

oh. it is called the La Vie en Rose here. Learn something new each day.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Sun 02 Nov, 2008 7:22 PM Quote
it's really great to see all these movies mentionned and particularly all the french ones, really nice, makes me appreciate our film culture again and brought back to my mind great films (la haine for example, etre et avoir)...good taste mates. Of course Amélie is the forever winner...

So as I'm french, english speaking movies count as foreign...I'd say It's a beautiful life I'm afraid, and also all the David Lean's starting from Lawrence of Arabia and all Hitchcock. British movies and filmakers are outstanding and totally underated as a movie land in itself.

Bryn
Bryn Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 2:21 AM Quote
Russian Ark

physke
physke Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 4:51 AM Quote
Bryn wrote:
Russian Ark

It was great!

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
And I forgot to mention about Amores Perros! It's also great..The soundtrack is more than great - Lucha de gigantes!

I tried to watch that film but seriously, I didn't understand a word they said! And Spanish is my native language! *lol*

You should try to watch it with English subtitles:)) I don't know what is so special about the film but it has some kind of passion in it which makes me cry every time I watch it.

If I understand more using English subtitles I promise I kill myself. Hahaha. The thing is that they use a lot of expressions we don't use in Spain, that's why it's so difficult to follow ^^

physke
physke Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:

If I understand more using English subtitles I promise I kill myself. Hahaha. The thing is that they use a lot of expressions we don't use in Spain, that's why it's so difficult to follow ^^

Ovv maybe you should (again:)) watch it with English subtitles:pp - Similar example: sometimes I cannot understand the lyrics of the Turkish songs and check them from internet:) I think it's fine:)

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
"Kadosh" by Amos Gitai (Israel)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadosh

and Pedro Almodovar's "High heels", "Speak to her" and "Volver".

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:

Ovv maybe you should (again:)) watch it with English subtitles:pp - Similar example: sometimes I cannot understand the lyrics of the Turkish songs and check them from internet:) I think it's fine:)

I do understand the words, what I don't get is the meaning. Haha. But thank you for your advice ;)

physke
physke Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:
Monica wrote:
physke wrote:

I do understand the words, what I don't get is the meaning. Haha. But thank you for your advice ;)

Hahah ups you have a problem now:)) Try to watch it without sound hahaha guess from the video:)

Monica
Monica Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
Hahahahahahaha. I knew I had a problem! :p Maybe I do that, no sound for me :)

physke
physke Posted Mon 03 Nov, 2008 6:44 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
"Kadosh" by Amos Gitai (Israel)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kadosh

and Pedro Almodovar's "High heels", "Speak to her" and "Volver".

I've just got "talk to her" - I am going to watch it tomorrow evening with my last "efes" beer and french fries!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:01 AM