Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 5:33 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Moray wrote:
Saw 'Defiance' last night.

It was quite good. Very powerful story. By no means as hard hitting or as much 'gravitas' as Schindlers List. But a good movie all the same.

Would be interesting to know just how true the story was and just how much had been dramatised for Hollywood. There were certain events seemed too coincidental and too 'written' to be true.

Also you never quite felt the plight or the true suffereing they must have gone through.

Still a good film and worth seeing.

Thanks Moray. I'm going to see "Defiance" for sure now. As far as WWII movies go, it's hard to top "The Pianist" and "Schindlers List" for me. "The Pianist" is probably my favorite movie ever. Did you see "Downfall" yet? I remember you saying you had it on DVD. It's really good and the story is told from a totally different perspective. Really interesting.

Yes, for me too and I would add Life is Beautiful. Such a beautiful movie.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 12 Jan, 2009 6:23 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:

I would add 'Sophie Scholl' as well.

Btw, how good are German movies these days?! The said one, along with 'Das Leben der Anderen' were amazing. Also, I've seen 'Vier Minuten' some time ago and highly recommend it!

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 5:31 PM Quote
Just caught Son of Rambow!Quite alright.Didn't expect it to be rather sweet.Only complain is wish i had seen Travis on longer than a mere 2 seconds...

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 14 Jan, 2009 7:25 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:

I would add 'Sophie Scholl' as well.

Btw, how good are German movies these days?! The said one, along with 'Das Leben der Anderen' were amazing. Also, I've seen 'Vier Minuten' some time ago and highly recommend it!

Haven't seen Sophie Scholl, but I'm going to rent it this weekend. Thanks Megg!

rocknout89
rocknout89 Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 2:39 AM Quote
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I actually thought Brad Pitt was attractive for once.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 3:12 AM Quote
Eagle Eye

Pretty good movie!

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 6:59 AM Quote
Seven Pounds. I didn't like it, I kinda expect something better or different, I guess it was too slow for me. Will Smith was ok though.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 11:38 AM Quote
The Hot Chick

It was on tv the other night and I laughed a lot, and I normally hate Rob Schneider films, but I enjoyed it. Rachel McAdams was the lead lady.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 2:08 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Thanks Moray. I'm going to see "Defiance" for sure now. As far as WWII movies go, it's hard to top "The Pianist" and "Schindlers List" for me. "The Pianist" is probably my favorite movie ever. Did you see "Downfall" yet? I remember you saying you had it on DVD. It's really good and the story is told from a totally different perspective. Really interesting.

So i watched the Pianist again last night. I'd bought it at the weekend when it was in the sale. Forgot how good a film that is. I ended up downloading the soundtrack immediately after as well. Still never got round to watching Downfall yet, I think I'd seriously need to be in the mood for it!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:10 PM Quote
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I think it's brilliant. I loved it.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 7:26 AM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Moray wrote:
Saw 'Defiance' last night.

It was quite good. Very powerful story. By no means as hard hitting or as much 'gravitas' as Schindlers List. But a good movie all the same.

Would be interesting to know just how true the story was and just how much had been dramatised for Hollywood. There were certain events seemed too coincidental and too 'written' to be true.

Also you never quite felt the plight or the true suffereing they must have gone through.

Still a good film and worth seeing.

Oh! I love that one too!

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Fri 16 Jan, 2009 8:11 AM Quote
Diary of Bridget Jones 1 and 2... I just love it!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:00 PM Quote
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. The film is as long as the title, and quite slow. It would have been better if it was edited. Heavily.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 12:22 AM Quote
Revolver (Guy Ritchie)

Don't fucking bother, it's the biggest pile of wankery sh!t it has ever been my displeasure to witness, he tries so hard to be clever, it's part Usual Suspects part Fight Club all fucking bullshit!!!

Dubz

dee
dee Posted Sun 18 Jan, 2009 12:36 AM Quote
just watched an inconvenient truth while taking notes for an assignment on it:(

Pages Previous 1...15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:05 AM