Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 5:32 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:

:( That's not good. Try emailing them in the style of the randomiser thread: I!!! WANT!!! MY!!! MONEY!!! BACK!!! :P I think I'm getting one of these, 20% off that price with a discount code + free crystal case + free little FM transmitter thing + free random other case can't be bad :)

Ooh, pretty :) I think I'll treat myself, get the prettiest most expensive thing I can find :) That'll teach them! Or more likely it'll be exactly what they want me to do...

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 6:00 PM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
Nell wrote:
Besides: Yesterday I bought some new speakers for my PC and also for - anything I like to plug there:

I Biiig bass-speaker and two wonderful small high-speakers!

BRILLIANT SOUND! I advise everyone to buy something like that! Especially for Travis songs (but for else too) its great! You don't realise (if you haven't got anything like it) how much of the music you're actually missing: Like the bassline in Chinese Blues or J.Smith or else! Or small hiding instruments :) Like a special percussion-thing or a reaally small riff in another song!

My hobby is to arrange songs - so to seperate each and every part of the song (bass lines, guitar lines, riffs, diff. voices, diff. perc. etc.) -

GOD Try it - it's amazing - just to listen to one thing - when you listen the song....argh..

ok I'm blown right now..so :) don't judge me :)

http://pan7.fotovista.com/dev/7/1/12250117/l_12250117.jpg

I know it's nothing compared to real speakers -but hey the sound's amazing!

Ps: Turn :) cool bassline :)

Them logitech speakers are very good. I got some on my computer they have a great sound. At first i thought a little too bassy but the small speakers pick the high end up. I aslo have an output from my computer connected to an external amplifier and a pair of wharfedale P4000's. When i have all my speakers playing at the same time it sounds excellent. A good set of speakers are essential if your using your pc to play music.
These are a great bargain:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-X-230-Multimedia-Speaker-System/dp/B00069ZEA6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235834033&sr=8-3

These are cool too...

yeah I'm pretty amazed by the quality! I also was afraid first that the higher tunes get lost -but the small ones are pretty strong too, so it's cool!

Just hope my neighbours don't mind :P

@f.Haha your 18th birthday is only once - so make sure you make it a special one :)

Cheers

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 12:32 AM Quote
my news:

James Blunt has a little brother in Germany.
And this guy:
- looks better
- sings better (fortunately!)
and
is (unfortunately) a participant in the most horrible show mankind has ever invented - Pop Idols, Germany. I'm only watching the damn show because of him, I'm so shallow *lol*

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 4:05 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
my news:

And this guy:
- looks better
and
is (unfortunately) a participant in the most horrible show mankind has ever invented - Pop Idols, Germany. I'm only watching the damn show because of him, I'm so shallow *lol*

you actually watch that shit??

but yes...he's kinda ok...certainly knows what he's doing...

lilly
lilly Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 6:42 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
lilly wrote:
my news:

And this guy:
- looks better
and

you actually watch that shit??

but yes...he's kinda ok...certainly knows what he's doing...

haha, I started watching it online, in parts only.
Actually I started this last year when a "super-anti-idols" friend told me that one of the contestants had sung "Chasing Cars" beautifully. So I started watching his performances *lol* - and this year it was the same, I heard from a friend that there is actually someone in the show who knows what he's doing. He had to promise never to sing James Blunt again, so I guess I can watch his performances more or less "safely" now ;D
As I said, I'm so shallow! ;D

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 8:26 PM Quote
I finished my book today, The Malayan Trilogy by Anthony Burgess. I've been reading it for the past two weeks and I miss it lots now :(

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 10:25 PM Quote
who messed up in Toronto ?

http://www.froghammer.com/Dave/biker_gang.jpg

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 10:36 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Helen *the original* wrote:
Grin, i've meant to ask you for a while. Have you been to "South" in Manchester?

I only go there at least once a month :D I fuckin looove it :D You don't get no Inspiral Carpets DJing in London Town! Do you go often?

I've always heard about it but never been so i went a few saturdays ago! I thought it was really good but i was with a friend who isn't really into Indie music so it was kinda her worst nightmare (plus we were really dressed up! ha ha) so we didn't get to stay too long. I did get in for only £2 because some lads on a stag do went passed us and asked us if we wanted in with them because they'd pre-bought tickets, bonus! But my friend has said she'd go back when we were more casual lol. In fact you could have Boon goodness two nights on the run in town now, first Tiger Tiger on a friday night and South on a saturday...get in!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 4:36 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
I like this thread because you find out lots of interesting (and silly) information about each other ;) It's nice!

LOL@ Goosey....haha are you ashamed to know what we are talking about? Want me to turn you or would you rather Ro imprint on ya!! LOL Hmmmmm lesbian werewolf, maybe that wouldn't work.haha

LOL

Today's news of me is that I'm going to Peru in August.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 4:53 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Grin, i've meant to ask you for a while. Have you been to "South" in Manchester?

I only go there at least once a month :D I fuckin looove it :D You don't get no Inspiral Carpets DJing in London Town! Do you go often?

I've always heard about it but never been so i went a few saturdays ago! I thought it was really good but i was with a friend who isn't really into Indie music so it was kinda her worst nightmare (plus we were really dressed up! ha ha) so we didn't get to stay too long. I did get in for only £2 because some lads on a stag do went passed us and asked us if we wanted in with them because they'd pre-bought tickets, bonus! But my friend has said she'd go back when we were more casual lol. In fact you could have Boon goodness two nights on the run in town now, first Tiger Tiger on a friday night and South on a saturday...get in!

Does he DJ at Tiger Tiger?? Does he play his same old usual stuff?? Boon's such a dude <3

mili
mili Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 5:01 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:

Today's news of me is that I'm going to Peru in August.

Aw, lucky you!
The closest I've been to Peru are those pan flute playing buskers :^/

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 7:30 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Does he DJ at Tiger Tiger?? Does he play his same old usual stuff?? Boon's such a dude <3

Yep yep! It's Xfm night on a friday night. Although i haven't been for a while but they used to have a covers band on playing Indie classics and then the DJ's til the early hours but he does have to have a mix of things on. But i actually think it's Gareth Brooks that does it, maybe because Boon has South now. It's usually Indie stuff but definately more mainstream. Man i want to go out now ha ha.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 7:36 PM Quote
Yep yep! It's Xfm night on a friday night. Although i haven't been for a while but they used to have a covers band on playing Indie classics and then the DJ's til the early hours but he does have to have a mix of things on. But i actually think it's Gareth Brooks that does it, maybe because Boon has South now. It's usually Indie stuff but definately more mainstream. Man i want to go out now ha ha.

Aye I just had a look online and couldnt see that it was Boon doing it, twas someone else. Sounds like it could be an ace night tho! I have a feeling XFM night in Manchester is better than the one in London... It's all about South tho... there's a really cute barman there n all! :D

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 7:44 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:

Aye I just had a look online and couldnt see that it was Boon doing it, twas someone else. Sounds like it could be an ace night tho! I have a feeling XFM night in Manchester is better than the one in London... It's all about South tho... there's a really cute barman there n all! :D

Ha ha, oh i think i spotted him in my 10 minutes of being there! We did a great trick at the bar though, this randomer bought me and my friend a shot and she really wanted to get out so because they were wasted we convinced them that we had bought them 2 back. They looked really happy at first and then confused when we ran away. I so need to have a proper night in there!

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 02 Mar, 2009 9:05 PM Quote
I went to my first ever aerotone class and OMG it was well hard and I have achy arms now but I have done it . I nearly backed out but didn't in the end so I feel quite proud of myself.
Apart from that it's been a boring day and I've felt soooo cold.

Pages Previous 1...66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:33 AM