Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
Nell
Nell Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:37 PM Quote
barlickbabe wrote:

And Do you feel a sense of pride at todays achievements becasue you should ? Are you doing this for yourself? because you must be doing this for yourself for it to work? Allow the sense of achievement to fuel tomorrows successes . I have been doing exercise for 6 months and the endorphins gained from exercise is better than any drug for depression I have ever taken. When I feel at my very worst I exercise I go to the gym I get out and I always always feel better for exercising. It was incredibly hard to do the exercise at first but now I could not live my life without it. I have also been following a alcoholics/ foodaholics programme for my eating disorder which has really helped me with my relationship with food. I had a really unhealthy obsession with it. The secret to it all is to think....Just for today... You don't think about all the problems you have in your life , you must only think about today and what you are going to achieve with today. The programe that is used by alcoholics/foodaholics annonymous is a programme to help you to live a happier life, it helps you to make the right choices. It makes your self confidence grow.
Well done in your achievements and build on that tomorrow and the day after that.Beleive in yourself.Allow only positive thoughts.
These are the two main things that I am using to try and lead a happier and more contented life.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference
Just for today

Funny we talked about exactly these kind of themes today at uni.

At the my old school (guess it'd be High School) we had these groups of Anas/Mias (Pro-Anorexia, Pro-Bulemia) - They also tried to get them some help - but as they are "pro" this stuff they refused it - they all were on this webpage (which is closed now) and they all had the same bracelet and their Ana/Mia - laws:

There are like 11 laws and a bunch of other things to be aware of: (I only have it in German - so I'm not gonna write everything down now - unless smb. wants it-but point some things out)

The laws demand things like:
-What you eat/dring,
-where/when to eat (in front of people or not),
-how often to scale themselfs,
-how to hide these things (from teachers, parents, friends etc.),
- rules for your social behaviour...(everybody else comes first, no alk/drugs: cause total control of your body is a constant aim. etc.
- to have a diary with to share all your thoughts with your best friend: either Mia or Ana
-how to punish yourself if you didn't obey one of the rules

What do you think of that?
It's pretty amazing what the belief of the society can do with a girls mind (at any age!). Like: "No one will love if you're not beautiful..." "Size 00 - still too fat".. so they have their

But sadly it's kinda true - at least here: If you don't fit in the norm - you gonna suffer...

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:53 PM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
Im not really planning on riding my bike has part daily routine (well not for now anyway). I will go out on the bike in the morning and see how it goes. I need to become more active. Whether it means taking my son for a kick around or whatever.
As for smoking well this is a different matter. Im really fed up of feeling tired all the time and i think smoking is to blame. My house stinks of it. Im fed up that everytime i do something (i need a fag first). The last few weeks well since after christmas ive been drinkin pretty bad probly about 4 nights a week and i did a run last week of 6 nights solid. Staying up all night and sleeping through the day. The thing is when i drink i smoke more and im like going in co-op buying 100 at a time (£25.00) and if im drinking 4/5 or 6 nights on the run 100 fags will last me about 2 days.
Well after tuesday nights session i decided that was it for the drink. On wednesday i got paid and needed fags because i only had a bit of tobacco, but ive been too tired to go out and buy any.
My mum called wednesday and i felt really ashamed i must have looked a right mess. And im like trying to make excuses i said ive been doing my cleaning in the night. I stunk after tuesday nights session.
In a way im doing it for a number of things also because ive got to. I just hope in time it gets easier. Its no way to carry on.
Im looking to buy a decent camera because i enjoy taking photos. So when i go out on my bike i can take the camera too. The financial gain will be great, plus the health reasons. Obviously its going to be a challenge and one i hope i can conquer.
You seem to be doing well with your gym and things.?
Them curry sauces are tops in co-op at the moment i have 9 jars now.

The first step in recovery is to admit your problem to another human being and that is what you have done so you are well on your way! and it was what I did when I began my recovery. And it felt like a great relief to have admitted my shame at my ways with food.Don't expect your recovery to be easy, it won't be easy , it will be the biggest challenge of your life but to me it sounds like you have hit rock bottom and you are now facing upwards..You have a mental illness, as i do and that is what triggers our addictions , it goes hand in hand, but the programme helps us to live this life in recovery. You will have slips , I do but that's where 'just for today' kicks in because on the next day it's forgotton and we are back on the programme.We will always be in recovery because our addictions will always be there, tempting us back but we make the choice not to be tempted back. Getting out and about is very good for our heads because staying in all day triggers our thoughts too much and we spend too much time thinking and that starts the downward spiral again.
So great news! You are in recovery and things are on the up.

I am feeling great in my body, not quite as slim as the picture but getting there. I have lost a stone since Christmas and want another 2 off . I don't have 9 jars of curry sauce in because that's what I did in my food addiction days so I only have 1jar. My food shopping and thoughts around food have changed completely. I think about food just before I make meals not in advance or I start obsessing about it.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:58 PM Quote
Hi Nell,
I am a recovering compulsive eater but there are similarities to anorexia and bulimia, I saw the thing about the Anorexics website, horrendous! But it is a mental illness.
I've been watching Supersize- superskinny on tv and that deals with food eating disorders and is really interesting.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 12:19 AM Quote
Strongbow , I have to go to sleep now, but here is something for you to read about
alcoholics annonymous , foodaholics annonymous and narcotics annonymous all use the 12 steps of recovery.
go here or google to read about it. Where it says god, it doesn't have to mean god, it can be what you want it to be ...say for example the feeling you get when you look into a sunset...you know what I mean...
12 steps
And remember when you wake up tomorrow ..you are doing the programme just for today
X

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 7:46 AM Quote
Today was a great day :o). Was the second time I celebrate my birthday with my friends of uni, and I had a fantastic time. Although my birthday it's on the 28th, they decided to make an earlier celebration one day before. They buy me a cake (yummy!), and the gave as present the Travis at The Palace CD/DVD :o). But the funniest and best past of it is that a had to follow some instructions to get to my present, they gave clues and every time I achieved my "task" related to the clue they gave the next one -they were 12!!! So, among the things I had to do were climbing a wall, pose for some pics, go up stairs (running) 10 floors, memorize the title of 3 book chosen randomly (at the end I had to tell what the titles were), counting how many flags the Olimpic Stadium have, and finally describe one of the best moments I had on any of my birthdays.
Never was this hard to get a present on my birthday, it was entertaining nonetheless :o).

And now I'm soooo tired, I should go to bed and sleep... yeah, I'll do that and I'll stop rambling now... yeah...

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 12:44 PM Quote

Hey :) Happy Birthday then ;)...for you may have even more parties today :P

@barlickbabe: the other eating-disorder thing: you know what we've got on tv? Germany's/Switzerland's next topmodel, Popstars (for Germn. Switz, and Austria - so 3x), Germany's Idol etc. all these shithead-shows (sorry! not offending anyone of you) but here it's quite nasty, fucking bullshit!

And what comes first (at any show) is how you look - and people take that in their life - and what comes first in the normal life now too is: the look! You can be total freaky bitch - no one cares, as long as you look like Gisel Bündchen (f.i.)....That's why people start this Ana/Mia thing - and that's how it becomes an addiction...
I kinda had an addiction - or maybe not - don't know what is was/what it is - I don't care -but I think once you're in the circle -you can't ever leave.

I read that 12 step-pogram :) Just for today, right?

Haha I'll try and take the one thing with the book seriouse..I should reaaaally start studying for monday.....

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 12:59 PM Quote
Besides: Yesterday I bought some new speakers for my PC and also for - anything I like to plug there:

I Biiig bass-speaker and two wonderful small high-speakers!

BRILLIANT SOUND! I advise everyone to buy something like that! Especially for Travis songs (but for else too) its great! You don't realise (if you haven't got anything like it) how much of the music you're actually missing: Like the bassline in Chinese Blues or J.Smith or else! Or small hiding instruments :) Like a special percussion-thing or a reaally small riff in another song!

My hobby is to arrange songs - so to seperate each and every part of the song (bass lines, guitar lines, riffs, diff. voices, diff. perc. etc.) -

GOD Try it - it's amazing - just to listen to one thing - when you listen the song....argh..

ok I'm blown right now..so :) don't judge me :)

http://pan7.fotovista.com/dev/7/1/12250117/l_12250117.jpg

I know it's nothing compared to real speakers -but hey the sound's amazing!

Ps: Turn :) cool bassline :)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 1:33 PM Quote
Nell, I know what you mean about separating the songs. Heehee. I do that too, when I can. When I listen to my Simon & Garfunkel on the iPod, Simon is in one ear and Garfunkel is in the other. Poor Arty, he was underrated. You know how they say Ginger Rogers had to do everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in high heels? Sorta like Art Garfunkel, out there singing harmony all by himself.

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 1:44 PM Quote
Just a random post but i just have to say what fun i had last night. Me, my friend and our group of people that we only see on going out nights took a trip into the depths of Yorkshire for a birthday and we all stayed over night. I had so much fun and it was really needed. It was great to just relax and not have to worry about everything, being completely blitzed and be sat in one of the lads rooms at 5am just chatting on ha ha. What a great end to my week off from work! :-)

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 2:02 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
My mp-3 broke today :( I only got it last November and I've been taking really good care of it cos the last one I owned broke twice in one year, and the manufacturer kept telling me it was my fault cos I'd got it wet but I hadn't! Is it worth investing in an i-pod? Are they durable?

Mine broke last weekend about 2 weeks after the warranty expired. :( Yours should still have a warranty shouldn't it? I had a Creative Zen, and I wouldn't recommend it for reliability. There's a good site here for comparing non-iPods and the forums are friendly if you have questions. Ipods are definitely overpriced for their features but you don't hear about them breaking so maybe it's worth it in the long run.

My day was spent on coursework as will the weekend and next week and next weekend :(

Aw thanks, I'll check it out. I had a Creative one a couple of years ago but was never much impressed by it. The one I have now is a Sony, you'd kind of expect Sony to last! I do have a warranty, buy when my last one broke (which was the exact same as the one I have now) they sent it back to me saying it was "water damage" and there was nothing they could do for me, not even give me another one cos it was my fault. I have a feeling they're gonna do the same this time, which is crazy cos I take so much care of it after what happened with the last one, I never get it anywhere near water.

Anyway, thanks!

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 2:10 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nell, I know what you mean about separating the songs. Heehee. I do that too, when I can. When I listen to my Simon & Garfunkel on the iPod, Simon is in one ear and Garfunkel is in the other. Poor Arty, he was underrated. You know how they say Ginger Rogers had to do everything Fred Astaire did, only backwards and in high heels? Sorta like Art Garfunkel, out there singing harmony all by himself.

HAHA

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 2:14 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

HAHA yes totally!

Yes he was and still is underrated :(

but goes to so many singers - who sing the second voice or play the harmonic instrument - you just realise that they are there, when they're not anymore - at least most people do that.

:) I totally love to find out how many guitars are playing, what's the piano riff - or how many voices ;)

My fam thinks thats freaky - since they just listen to the song ;) hehe but I like it - and my friends use it (the arrangements :) )

so what the hell :)

aaarrrr I love my speakers...

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 2:14 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
Besides: Yesterday I bought some new speakers for my PC and also for - anything I like to plug there:

BRILLIANT SOUND! I advise everyone to buy something like that! Especially for Travis songs (but for else too) its great! You don't realise (if you haven't got anything like it) how much of the music you're actually missing: Like the bassline in Chinese Blues or J.Smith or else! Or small hiding instruments :) Like a special percussion-thing or a reaally small riff in another song!

My hobby is to arrange songs - so to seperate each and every part of the song (bass lines, guitar lines, riffs, diff. voices, diff. perc. etc.) -

GOD Try it - it's amazing - just to listen to one thing - when you listen the song....argh..

Oh my God I want something like that! Only one of the speakers on my cd player works, I'm sick of missing half of my music. Now I have another thing to add to my birthday list (my 18th is coming up, I'm making sure my parents know they're to spend a fortune on me, hehe).

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

Them logitech speakers are very good. I got some on my computer they have a great sound. At first i thought a little too bassy but the small speakers pick the high end up. I aslo have an output from my computer connected to an external amplifier and a pair of wharfedale P4000's. When i have all my speakers playing at the same time it sounds excellent. A good set of speakers are essential if your using your pc to play music.
These are a great bargain:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-X-230-Multimedia-Speaker-System/dp/B00069ZEA6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1235834033&sr=8-3

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 28 Feb, 2009 5:25 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
Aw thanks, I'll check it out. I had a Creative one a couple of years ago but was never much impressed by it. The one I have now is a Sony, you'd kind of expect Sony to last! I do have a warranty, buy when my last one broke (which was the exact same as the one I have now) they sent it back to me saying it was "water damage" and there was nothing they could do for me, not even give me another one cos it was my fault. I have a feeling they're gonna do the same this time, which is crazy cos I take so much care of it after what happened with the last one, I never get it anywhere near water.

Anyway, thanks!

:( That's not good. Try emailing them in the style of the randomiser thread: I!!! WANT!!! MY!!! MONEY!!! BACK!!! :P I think I'm getting one of these, 20% off that price with a discount code + free crystal case + free little FM transmitter thing + free random other case can't be bad :)

Nora, great speakers! When my parents are out I stick a CD into my Dad's big stereo system and the sound is so much richer. I haven't listened to Ode on it, I really should.

Pages Previous 1...65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:00 PM