Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:50 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:

Oh my God I am so so jealous, I really like Pete's new stuff and I love Graham! You're so lucky, I'd go with you! As it is i'm stuck at home writing an essay on Adrienne Rich. I don't like Adrienne Rich and I was out most of the time we were studying her, anyone wanna do it for me?

Oh don't be jealous, they didn't let me in :( I think it was coz it was under my bosses name and I'm a girl. Or coz the dickend manager didnt put my bosses name on the guestlist. Either way I am till pissed and have my beloved hotwings <3

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 1:33 AM Quote
Well i woke up at about 6-30 am feelin a bit rough cos i had a few too many last night and fucked about with the pc for a bit cos i downloaded about 100 albums from rapidshare and must have picked a virus up (no joy). So i went back to sleep and when i woke up i messed a bit more with the pc (no joy). Back to sleep i went. This went on and off till about 7pm then i got up made tea cleaned up restored my pc back to factory settings and got some sort of playlist up and running. Now im havin a few cans of cider and goin to bed when ive drank em all.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 5:21 PM Quote
I've had a brill day , cleaned , jogged, went to gym and had a 90 minute workout then swam 40 lengths. This afternoon I gardened , saw all the snowdrops out in my allotment, sowed the first seeds of the year ,that always fills me with excitement and anticipation, made a lovely vegetable soup and now I am going to listen to my boy read, then wash up then iron put washer on...the list goes on.
BUSY BUSY BUSY :)

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 5:38 PM Quote

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Mon 23 Feb, 2009 8:29 PM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
fenchurch wrote:

Oh my God I am so so jealous, I really like Pete's new stuff and I love Graham! You're so lucky, I'd go with you! As it is i'm stuck at home writing an essay on Adrienne Rich. I don't like Adrienne Rich and I was out most of the time we were studying her, anyone wanna do it for me?

Oh don't be jealous, they didn't let me in :( I think it was coz it was under my bosses name and I'm a girl. Or coz the dickend manager didnt put my bosses name on the guestlist. Either way I am till pissed and have my beloved hotwings <3

Aw darn, that's annoying. Graham should be touring his own stuff in the next few months anyway, so you might see him soon, I'm definetly gonna try!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 5:47 PM Quote
they are filming 'curb your enthusiasm' in the lobby where i work...i'll have to mosy on down in a little while. i'm up on the 23rd floor so it's not likely i'll see larry david.

but kind of a fun fact right?

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:12 PM Quote
workout at gym, shopped, gardened at my allotment,went to parents evening, ate fish and chips and made pancakes for dessert and now I'm tucked up in bed snuggled up to my son.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 24 Feb, 2009 8:16 PM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
they are filming 'curb your enthusiasm' in the lobby where i work...i'll have to mosy on down in a little while. i'm up on the 23rd floor so it's not likely i'll see larry david.

but kind of a fun fact right?

That's so cool! I love that show. I hope you do get to see him :D

strongbow1
strongbow1 Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 2:29 AM Quote
I feel like when one asks what today's news is that its got to be something impressive and happy go jumpy smiley down a street or maybe something to make others slightly envious of what one has done, seen or felt.
Well i can't get my head around why other human bodies need to know what other human bodies have done in a day. A day is a 24 hour period. Some things don't change day by day.
Today i told my son that death isn't really worth getting upset about. I said that when someone is born it tends to be a happy occasion. When someone dies its generally unhappy. That to feel sad when someone you love dies has been passed from generation to generation and to feel sad is expected and if you don't feel sad then your left wondering 'if something is wrong with you'. I don't want my son to feel sad when i die. Life is not really that important unless your being pompous.
I don't like being a human i don't like why we feel this and feel that and put names to each feeling. It either hurts or it doesn't, your either happy or your sad. Personally id rather be a robot created by a specimen on a far away planet than a smelly human.
That being said i got at 3pm cos i was up till 5 am the night before. Tonight is no exception. I like staying up at nights its peaceful and usually without worry. Having a few then a curry. In the company of Dave Bowie at the moment.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:05 AM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
Today i told my son that death isn't really worth getting upset about. I said that when someone is born it tends to be a happy occasion. When someone dies its generally unhappy. That to feel sad when someone you love dies has been passed from generation to generation and to feel sad is expected and if you don't feel sad then your left wondering 'if something is wrong with you'. I don't want my son to feel sad when i die.

So if your son died would you not feel sad ? or would you just feel sad cos people would expect it of you?
I still feel sad at the loss of my dad and brother . I was so very close to my dad and I still can get upset because I miss him although it is 27 years since he died I do miss him and think about him every day. It is not cos generations and generations expect me to feel sad cos I know how I felt when I came down in the morning a niave aged 9 to be told I was never ever ever going to see my dearest dad ever again, my life was shattered and changed in an instnt. I can feel the pain I felt then as I type this now . So don't tell your son how he should feel , he will know himself how he wants to feel and if he wants to feel sad about recent events let him!Isuppose you think I am being pompous for loving my dad in a way that it still hurts now...I know otherwise!

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:09 AM Quote
strongbow1 wrote:
Today i told my son that death isn't really worth getting upset about. I said that when someone is born it tends to be a happy occasion. When someone dies its generally unhappy. That to feel sad when someone you love dies has been passed from generation to generation and to feel sad is expected and if you don't feel sad then your left wondering 'if something is wrong with you'. I don't want my son to feel sad when i die.

So if your son died would you not feel sad ? or would you just feel sad cos people would expect it of you?
I still feel sad at the loss of my dad and brother . I was so very close to my dad and I still can get upset because I miss him although it is 27 years since he died I do miss him and think about him every day. It is not cos generations and generations expect me to feel sad cos I know how I felt when I came down in the morning a niave aged 9 to be told I was never ever ever going to see my dearest dad ever again, my life was shattered and changed in an instant. I can feel the pain I felt then as I type this now . So don't tell your son how he should feel , he will know himself how he wants to feel and if he wants to feel sad about recent events let him!Isuppose you think I am being pompous for loving my dad in a way that it still hurts now...I know otherwise!

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:31 AM Quote
And if your comment are true then how come in the wild animals pine at their loss when their patner/young dies? Your comments are very hard and cold.

And on the subject of Todays News of You...
I am gona get my arse into gear do my cleaning before I take the kids to school. do my workout , swim , then this afternoon I am going to walk/jog on the canal bank and look at spring slowly stirring into life.And I am going to brag about it cos I want to!

mili
mili Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 6:41 AM Quote
I have a cold and want to sleep but instead I'm supposed to get on with a work project. You can tell how well that's going, as I'm here instead :^P

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Oh Mili, same here :( I am loaded with the cold and working away. My nose is so bunged up it's so not funny....the amount of VICKS I have sniffed cannot be good. Please go away COLD!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 8:59 PM Quote
same here, Mili and Wendy. I hate it. I think I'm becoming a werewolf, because yesterday I had a temperature and also today (Wendy, I hope you can understand what I'm talking about).

Pages Previous 1...62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:20 PM