I've just received this link and now the song is STUCK in my head (again):

I am from Bavaria

Oh how I love the good old stereotypes ;D

Re: Today's News of YOU
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 5:15 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Tell me how it was, Anne!

It was of course beyond delightful. The love for Ewan in that theater was pretty much at a mass hysteria level.

They handed out props. For example we had a green glow stick we turned on when the green fairy appeared.

They served absinthe (the legal version) so I got a shot of that.

People booed and hissed at the duke and yelled out insults at the dancer who let it slip that Christian and Satine were a couple.

They also shot out confetti at the part when the gentlemen throw their hats in the air. Oh also they had a little explosion on the stage when Ewan started singing "I Will Always Love You." I guess it was supposed to be like fireworks but it was pretty puny. Funny though.

Funny moments:

Before the movie started they had some audience members come up on stage and do the can can. At the end one of the girls pulled up her shirt and flashed the audience. She was not wearing a bra.

When Satine was singing "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" and at the end she passed out and falls. As she fell someone yelled, "TBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!"

Then when she was breaking up with Christian to save him someone (I'm pretty sure the same girl) yelled, "LIARFACE!!"

It was fantastic.

mili
mili Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
I've just received this link and now the song is STUCK in my head (again):

I am from Bavaria

Oh how I love the good old stereotypes ;D

Wunderbar! Oh, I'd love to go to Munich, but with the recession round the corner I don't think I can afford to :^(

So, back to work, as long as there's still some to do.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 5:49 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:

It was of course beyond delightful. The love for Ewan in that theater was pretty much at a mass hysteria level.

They handed out props. For example we had a green glow stick we turned on when the green fairy appeared.

People booed and hissed at the duke and yelled out insults at the dancer who let it slip that Christian and Satine were a couple.

They also shot out confetti at the part when the gentlemen throw their hats in the air. Oh also they had a little explosion on the stage when Ewan started singing "I Will Always Love You." I guess it was supposed to be like fireworks but it was pretty puny. Funny though.

Funny moments:

Before the movie started they had some audience members come up on stage and do the can can. At the end one of the girls pulled up her shirt and flashed the audience. She was not wearing a bra.

When Satine was singing "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" and at the end she passed out and falls. As she fell someone yelled, "TBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!"

Then when she was breaking up with Christian to save him someone (I'm pretty sure the same girl) yelled, "LIARFACE!!"

It was fantastic.

That sounds like so much fun! I wish there was something like that near me :)

What's the legal version of absinthe? My brother bought a bottle of the real stuff when he was in Paris last year, it looks horrible! And apparently tastes even worse.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 6:02 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:

What's the legal version of absinthe? My brother bought a bottle of the real stuff when he was in Paris last year, it looks horrible! And apparently tastes even worse.

The Alamo Drafthouse is a treasure. They do so many fun things.

Absinthe was banned here until a few years ago. But what I meant by legal was how there are versions of it that supposedly have hallucinatory effects.

It was an interesting taste. It tasted good part of the time and then the after taste was something how I imagine a cleaning product tastes.

It was fun to try it but I don't think I'll ever taste it again.

mili
mili Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 6:10 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
[

Absinthe was banned here until a few years ago. But what I meant by legal was how there are versions of it that supposedly have hallucinatory effects.

It was an interesting taste. It tasted good part of the time and then the after taste was something how I imagine a cleaning product tastes.

Maybe they should change the name into Alamo Dafthouse?

I believe the original kind of Absinthe could make you blind very quickly. Does it taste of aniseed at all?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
fenchurch wrote:

who needs absinth when you live in the meth capital ?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 7:06 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

what ever happened to that Burlisconi dude ?

I don't know. He's still happy that he found a Stupenengo in a country that's not Italy and I'm still in his "Stupenengos around the world" group. I think he hasn't realized I'm a lefty yet xD.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 7:47 PM Quote
Some days really suck.
Due to medical reasons (i'll be in the hospital) i won't be able to see Travis on tuesday as scheduled.

Very annoyed.

mili
mili Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 9:36 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
Some days really suck.
Due to medical reasons (i'll be in the hospital) i won't be able to see Travis on tuesday as scheduled.

Very annoyed.

So sorry to hear that, couldn't you reschedule?

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 10:47 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:

Funny moments:

It was fantastic.
Sounds fun Anne! I wish I could go to something like sometime.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 11:26 PM Quote
I think I've posted this before, but for all of you who need a laugh (it's hilarious!)

Travelling in the UK - Advice for Americans

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 11:54 AM Quote
I'm leaving my house for Manchester in a minute. Woooo!!!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 1:00 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Chiito-chan wrote:

Funny moments:

It was fantastic.

Wow Anne, that sounds great and fun! I wish I could go! The girl without bra made me laugh.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 4:27 PM Quote
I made a Butterscotch cake today. It was my first time making something where you have to separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites. It's so amazing cos they start out as this see-through gooey liquid and end up all white and fluffy!

Here's my cake:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2357/1597630059_c84ee8627c.jpg?v=0

I don't know who's gonna eat it though, I've the house to myself until Monday! Now I have to go wash up.

Pages Previous 1...58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:49 PM