Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

1) What boardies hang out on the phone all the time??

Me, of course! ;o)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:23 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Me, of course! ;o)

Ha! I actually almost made a joke saying I know it isn't Mrs. Phone-a-Phobia.

Peculiar
Peculiar Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:03 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

here it's 8pm...still haven't done a thing for coll. ...should start reading though: Today's chapter: Morphology of the English and German language....argh 30 pages...please if there's a God...burn down the University and give me a day off.....

Don't even speak to me when it comes to university. Can never get hold of lecturers when I need them and am right now trying to type the introduction of my dissertation. Not fun.
On the plus side I was out with my two best mates and my bf last night. Fun and games (and lots of alcohol) were had. :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:28 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Me, of course! ;o)

what is the Kayte phone-a-phobia thing? Ive seen many references to it, but i dont think i know the background.
I dont like talking on the phone in front of people...when i have to make a call from work or something. I feel like everyone is listening and judging, lol. But i do it anyways.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:42 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Me, of course! ;o)

what is the Kayte phone-a-phobia thing? Ive seen many references to it, but i dont think i know the background.

She actively dislikes and fears the phone. Hates to talk on it. Don't know if there is much background beyond that. I've offered to be her appointment setter.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Me, of course! ;o)

I dont like talking on the phone in front of people...when i have to make a call from work or something. I feel like everyone is listening and judging, lol. But i do it anyways.

I'm not sure how it works for Kayte but I'm Miss Phone-a-Phobia (LOL) and basically, I hate talking on the phone (even with my family and closest friends). I don't know why (no childhood phone traumas I am aware of).

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 4:54 PM Quote
i much prefer to email someone, etc than talk on the phone so maybe i do have some degree of this phobia. Hmm, I think we should go to therapy.
Although if i get a call from my friend who is always in various parts of the world, that makes me happy. I guess it depends who it is/what it is about/if people are listening.
I think its that i am not afraid of the phone, im afraid of saying something stupid.
K, i have diagnosed myself.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:06 PM Quote

I went to the pub to watch Ireland vs Austrailia in the International Rules first test.

I'm now back at home sorta chilling and tidying up..a bit, before picking up some shopping and my girlfriend and cooking for her and have a nice lazy evening.

Dubz

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Me, of course! ;o)

yeah? Think about talking on an answering machine ;) - always imagine that on the other end everybody else is listening and laughing...;)

mili
mili Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Me, of course! ;o)

She actively dislikes and fears the phone. Hates to talk on it. Don't know if there is much background beyond that. I've offered to be her appointment setter.

I hate calling and only answer the phone if I recognise the number. Mind you, I don't mind calling my husband or kids, everybody else, rather not.
E-mail is my preferred method of communication.

Changing the subject here a bit…
I'm looking forward to my evening tv tonight, the film "Control" by Anton Corbijn is on tonight! I was sort of interested in seeing it at the cinema, but never got around to do it (work, family life, kids…)
Soooo, I'm going to get another glass of red wine, earphones and take over the best place on the sofa and enjoy.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:55 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

yeah? Think about talking on an answering machine ;) - always imagine that on the other end everybody else is listening and laughing...;)

erg! i like getting answering machine so then i dont have to talk to her a person. But now im going to be thinking about that!!!

ps. since this now has nothing to do with my news, i will add:
im at work, just made peppermint tea, going home to get changed, going out for dinner, and coming back to work bc it is opening night of our new play.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I will never be able to talk on an answering machine again after reading that! I am quite phone-phobic anyway, I don't like not being able to see people's faces, I can't see what they really mean.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 8:03 PM Quote
we are seriously a bunch of weirdos.

Haha, but texting i love. I just got this from my friend in Montreal:
"Why do i have the theme to Josie and the Pussycats in my head?"

kiwi
kiwi Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 9:00 PM Quote
Today I got up at half one (early for me!) went to the doctor, got my injection, had a test done and had to have an emergency appointment at another surgery since there were no free appointments at my main doctor, so I walked there, and spent one and a half hours waiting (thank god for my ipod!) I finally got my prescription, then I went and bought some gig tickets (yay!) and my bus was late, so I got to the pharmacy 5 minutes before they shut, and they couldn't fill my order until tomorrow! Urgh. I felt like a rant... Now I have to finish my washing for work tomorrow :-S
My life is so dull at the moment!!!

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 9:42 PM Quote
Peculiar wrote:

Don't even speak to me when it comes to university. Can never get hold of lecturers when I need them and am right now trying to type the introduction of my dissertation. Not fun.

OH MY..., I would be over the moon if I was able to write an an introduction of my degree dissertation! Sadly, I haven't even found a topic yet. I've been looking and looking for months(!) now :'( and I've kind of got to FINISH it by March *panics*

So, to answer Nell's question: I'm spending my days:

a) in the internet looking for a topic
b) in the library looking for a topic
(btw: I could even write it about 90's popculture or sth like that - it's just got to be one clear statement, and unfortunately (since I'm skint) I can't do field studies... erm, I'm studying "International Cultural & Business Studies" with an emphasis on the UK & the U.S. ... err... ideas would be VERY much appreciated!;D)

c) trying to convince my Spanish lecturers that my level of Spanish is "very advanced" (C1) - which is not true, but I really need to finish this course :(
d) being terrified (already) of the first batch of my final exams in march and april
e) being so skint that I think I might lose weight soon...
f) plus, today I went home to Munich to meet my language-exchange "victim" (and find a b-day present for my mother)

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:45 PM