Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 12:53 AM Quote
hugs to Meggie. <3

1) In the middle of a restaurant tonight my son grabbed my boobs and said, "these feel like soft fluffy pillows." We had to have a talk about how it's not polite to grab a ladies' boobs.

2) I heard my mother talking to dad's gf at son's party and she said, "I swore I wouldn't let myself have this conversation with you but...." I walked away.

3) I heard my mother say to my dad at son's party, "She's really wonderful. You don't deserve her but she is great. Don't f*** it up." I walked away.

I really wanted a drink.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 10:42 AM Quote
I have aching muscle coz i did so many things yesterday i can hardly remember all of them.
One of the chores was to re-arrange my dressing and i'm so glad it's a done deal - took me 3 hours !
Reading "American psycho" by Bret Easton Ellis.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 08 Nov, 2009 3:41 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
hugs to Meggie. <3

Thank you. I do realize that my rants sound stupid and boring. I just don't understand how someone can change his mind every five minutes. I'm not a toy. You like to use people, boys? Well I can play like that too.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 2:24 PM Quote
AARRRRGGGGHHHH.
I'll spare you with the details, it's got to do with parttime job applications and STUPID employers. ARGH.

Got my Farsi class tonight, and I HOPE our teacher isn't going to let ME revise everything for everyone AGAIN. I'm half-Iranian, but I bloody CAN'T SPEAK THE LANGUAGE yet, for God's sake. ARGH.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 3:32 PM Quote
It's a holiday over here, we're celebrating the end of WWI.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 3:49 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
It's a holiday over here, we're celebrating the end of WWI.

it's veterans day over here today ... a big shout out to my peeps , pezos etc... from the 125th SIG BN

dee
dee Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 5:07 PM Quote
i hate unemployment. i resent that my friends are all happily contracted and make mass generalised statements about people on social welfare and what we do or do not deserve.
what i hate most is that i probably made statements very similar before all of this mess.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 11 Nov, 2009 9:32 PM Quote
The German national keeper (football/soccer) committed suicide yesterday.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 12:50 AM Quote
lilly wrote:

was that the train accident? I heard about it yesterday but didnt know it was suicide. I heard they had lost a child and just adopted a baby? sad.

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 2:57 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
hugs to Meggie. <3

I just don't understand how someone can change his mind every five minutes.

Blokes don't do that.......................yes they do

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 8:54 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:

was that the train accident? I heard about it yesterday but didnt know it was suicide. I heard they had lost a child and just adopted a baby? sad.

yep. Apparently, he jumped in front of an uncoming train, the driver couldn't stop in time... he'd left a letter to say goodbye (and sorry) to his family. No one in his team (not even the coaches) knew that he'd been in therapy for almost six years, and he'd fooled his wife and his therapist into thinking he was getting better.
And yes, his little daughter died 2 years ago :(

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 1:58 PM Quote
I have discovered some ugly truths about myself. Would you like to hear about them? Of course you would. It will make you feel so much better about yourselves.

1. I used to wonder if I were a procrastinator or just plain old lazy. The answer is lazy.

2. I volunteer for things and then don't do them very well because I really didn't want to volunteer in the first place. I just felt like I should be doing something to help other people. But I really don't enjoy it. This is bad on both counts.

3. I am unable to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. I am easily overwhelmed.

Right now I am overwhelmed and avoiding it by sitting here at the computer.
Blahhhhhh.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 1:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Right now I am overwhelmed and avoiding it by sitting here at the computer.
Blahhhhhh.

open up a box of life cereal

monkey
monkey Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 2:55 PM Quote
I was at this wake after a funeral and some bloke started taking photographs http://www.dogmall.co.uk/smile/confused/confused0007.gif I didn't know if to fake a smile or fake a sad face.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 12 Nov, 2009 3:17 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
I was at this wake after a funeral and some bloke started taking photographs http://www.dogmall.co.uk/smile/confused/confused0007.gif I didn't know if to fake a smile or fake a sad face.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/epic-fail-happy-funeral-fail.jpg

*Of course it was Anne who found this photo. Credit where credit is due.

Pages Previous 1...102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:41 AM