Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
dee
dee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 11:26 PM Quote
i went to work, made butter with my class, went to college and i finally got the internet at home.

wup wup!
butter was yum btw:)

dee
dee Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 11:37 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I fart arsed about all day went for a few pints now I'm home in bed cause I've an interview in the morning.

Dubz

best of luck in your interview:)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 18 Nov, 2008 11:37 PM Quote
dee wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I fart arsed about all day went for a few pints now I'm home in bed cause I've an interview in the morning.

Dubz

best of luck in your interview:)

do your best

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:03 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
lilly wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
lilly wrote:
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
I'm no fighter! Look at me, I hug trees and stuff!

Right, you are a tango-er.
Do you tango with trees?

OH MY GOD, he should make a video of himself hugging a tree and singing "Helan går"!!

hahaha you crazy German ;)

why? YOU are the one who's hugging a tree on that photo!

edit: If I win the lottery next year, I will go to Canada after my finals to check on that milk thing. I want to see and try it myself.

That's right. Everyone wants to try the milk from a bag.
I will pick you up at the airport, drive you to the grocery store, and pour it for you myself! Cookies will also be provided

hm... can I get that in a handwritten message with your and your lawyer's signatures? ;D

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:06 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
and Sponge Bob is definatly what you want to see clearly!
My glasses are still fine prescription wise, they are just 2.5 years old and I want new ones! Well, and you are supposed to get new ones every 2 years.

every TWO years?
oh dear.
I've had mine for...hm... almost 8 years now! I mean, I'd loooove to get new ones but I just can't afford them, they'd be 250euro minimum and I'm a poor student *sighs*...
(usually our health system is quite good, but with glasses... my insurance gives me...like... 20 euros for them, yay)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 12:47 AM Quote
Well, i dont know if 2 years is like...the doctors recommendation, but generally glasses and eye exams are covered every 2 years here.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
I had to scrape frost off my car for the first time this year. Heard there might be 10cm of snow. it was 17 degrees last week. What happened? :(
But coffee was already made when I got to work :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 2:31 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I had to scrape frost off my car for the first time this year. Heard there might be 10cm of snow. it was 17 degrees last week. What happened? :(
But coffee was already made when I got to work :)

It's snowing in Sweden for the first time today, guess it's winter!! :O

Edit: Not for the first time ever! Just in case someone's in the mood for some serious Alex-mocking today.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
[edit: If I win the lottery next year, I will go to Canada after my finals to check on that milk thing. I want to see and try it myself.

That's right. Everyone wants to try the milk from a bag.
I will pick you up at the airport, drive you to the grocery store, and pour it for you myself! Cookies will also be provided [/quote]

hm... can I get that in a handwritten message with your and your lawyer's signatures? ;D [/quote]

Yes you can. I dont have a lawyer though. How about my...dentist? Milk is good for yout teeth after all.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 2:56 PM Quote
dentist? hm, ok. a dentist's signature is maybe even better than some random lawyer's ;)

got to go to my Spanish course now. I.HATE.IT. because I cannot speak SPanish, and I'm supposed to be on "superior level" now - aaahahahahah... hmph.
after that, I've got 2 courses with the Canadian vampire, will try to listen extra-carefully for traces of his accent this time ;)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i went to work, made butter with my class, went to college and i finally got the internet at home.

wup wup!
butter was yum btw:)

You made your own butter?!?! Madness but cool ;) Was it like PROPER butter? Not that margarine rubbish. lol

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 3:03 PM Quote
I made butter once when i was 9 or 10. it was at this pioneer day camp thing on the last day when the parents visited. We dropped it in the grass and told them it was herbs.

I just used the intercom at work for the first time to make an announcement. I dont like doing that.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 3:17 PM Quote
Today I've been listening to Christmas music and preparing for my sister to visit this coming week; she will be on Thanksgiving break. I am super excited because she is the only family member who is able to visit from across the pond. I haven't seen any of my family or friends for 5 months!

The pressure is on because this is the first Thanksgiving dinner I've ever made and I have to do it w/ the limited resources provided by English grocery stores. I think I can manage somehow though.
hmm... maybe I should just ask the British natives...
I've been searching the stores and I think I can manage most dishes I want to make, but do you guys have pumpkin pie, or even just some sort of filling for it? How about cranberry sauce?
I think those are the only 2 things I would really like to have, but have not found.

Isa_travis
Isa_travis Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 3:53 PM Quote
I'm finishing an essay for university -o-

Rain on the brain
Rain on the brain Posted Wed 19 Nov, 2008 4:13 PM Quote
my news is that i'm back

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:50 PM