Darran Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
Seen anyone?
Going to see anyone?
Bought any new cds?

Discuss all here!!

Re: Gigs and reviews!!
Darran
Darran Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
I'm seeing Snow Patrol on Sunday with about 50 other people as they preview their new album, then next Wed and Thurs the lads from Oasis roll into town for me to see.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:36 PM Quote
Jason Mraz last week...amazing! ive seen him 3 times and i saw it was the 2nd best. He covered Wonderwall and Build Me Up Buttercup in one set. fantastic.
Oasis/Ryan Adams a month ago. Probably top 5 concerts ive ever been to. The energy was amazing and they sounded really good despite it being later into the tour. Noel can sing to me anytime he likes (and by me, i mean me + the 15 thousand other people, but we will ignore them)

Ive been to more shows this year than ever in my life, so i wont review them all, but actually, all of them were great and I have very few complaints.

Coldplay tonight. Sondre Lerche in 3 weeks. Reviews to come.

lilly
lilly Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:44 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I'm seeing Snow Patrol on Sunday with about 50 other people as they preview their new album

oh my god, I'm so jealous!! ... snow patrol live *sighs*

I'd like to see the Fleet Foxes and Elbow in November, but I'm so skint I don't know if I can do it ;(

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I'm seeing Snow Patrol on Sunday with about 50 other people as they preview their new album, then next Wed and Thurs the lads from Oasis roll into town for me to see.

Cool !

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:48 PM Quote
I doubt I'll win but I just signed up to win not only tickets to the Jason Mraz show this Friday, not only the chance to meet him, but the chance to sit on stage during the show.

Though Kristy might hate me for life.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 8:51 PM Quote
I'm meeting David Guetta soon.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:06 PM Quote
I saw James a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing!!!! They did not disappoint and I was in heaven. They played for 2 hours and had an awesome setlist. It ranks #2 of my all time favorite shows...Travis being #1 when they played at the Fillmore last year in May.

kiwi
kiwi Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip next Tuesday, can't wait!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 3:21 AM Quote
I'm going to see KT Tunstall tomorrow! We're a bunch of TravisOnline boardies going together... we're 6 I think haha.
I'm very excited!

And on nov 1st I'll be seeing REM, Kaiser Chiefs, The Mars Volta and Bloc Party!! Too bad Travis aren't coming though :o(

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 4:59 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I doubt I'll win but I just signed up to win not only tickets to the Jason Mraz show this Friday, not only the chance to meet him, but the chance to sit on stage during the show.

Though Kristy might hate me for life.

i would be a little jealous, but not hate you. Ive seen him 3 times now, so i would only be envious

Tonie
Tonie Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:30 AM Quote
After an expensive run on gigs, Duke Special, David Ford, Athlete in Aug and Sept, ending with my Elbow fest last week, I'm taking a wee break. But next month I'm seeing Stephen Fretwell at the Luminaire in Kilburn (London).

He is wonderful and it'll be about my 4th time of seeing him, so can't wait for that.

I have an ambition to see Jason Mraz live, so am jealous of the US folks who are seeing him at the mo.

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 12:57 PM Quote
Yeah, was at a gig at Moshulu in Aberdeen on Saturday night. Was a double header of Friendly Fires & Glasvegas, filmed for MTV2. Friendly Fires were excellent, and would recommend going to see them. Highlights were "Jump in the Pool" and "Paris". Glasvegas were dire. They played for 40mins tops, which is poor considering they were headliners. Show was over before 10pm. Also, their sound quality was awful - all bass and drums, no vocal or guitar could be heard in the mix. Plus the lighting was such that you could barely see the band. Very disappointing.

On the upside, I stood next to Zane Lowe for most of the gig, as he was hosting it. Everytime somebody got their photo taken with him I ruined it by grinning inanely in the background. Go me.

I also went to see "The Blood Red Shoes" on Saturday after the Glasvegas show. They were good. Like a negative white stripes, as its a girl on guitar and a dude on drums. They sound a bit like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Guitarist was pretty hot too.

Next gig I have lined up is a triple header - Malcom Middleton (ex. Arab Strap), Laura Marling & Chris Geddes(ex- Belle & Sebastian) all on one bill. Really looking forward to that. I also have tickets to Hot Chip, which will be fun for a boogie. Oh and also going to see Extreme soon!!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
Am seeing Oasis on Thursday. And Paul Weller about 4 times in November... Silly.

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
I forgot I was seeing the Modfather!

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:22 PM