Travis

When did you lose your Travis virginity?
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
Im sure for me it was listening to Turn in the summer of 98.

Re: When did you lose your Travis virginity?
MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:46 PM Quote
Travis deflowered me (in the window - lol) in 1999, Writing to reach you perhaps.. my god.. that would have made me 10 or 11.. thats just disturbing lol. Who knew i'd have such good music taste at that age :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
I was...14 or so.
In the middle of HMV of all places!

oh my!

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
1999, in a car from Bonn to Munich. A friend was driving, I was in the front passenger seat, and three others were sitting slightly squeezed behind us... One of them handed me "The Man Who" and I put it on without looking at it... about 20 minutes later, I was a fan :)

ahhh, to be 17 again...

Re: Stupid Boardie Question Amnesty Thread
Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
You know how sometimes you've been chatting with someone for a long time so there are things you should know about them but you don't? But you feel embarrassed to ask because it will look like you weren't paying attention and are a big fat jerk.

Well then, this is the thread for you! Of course I know it will evolve into a thread about hockey, food, and Ric Astley. That's OK. But perhaps in here you can also feel comfortable to ask a "stupid question" without fear of retribution.

I'll start:

I know "I Came in Through the Bathroom Window" is Juli. I know her twin's username is Aletways. But I don't know her real name.

Can someone please enlighten me so I can stop feeling like a dork for not knowing??

i have a couple questions for you weirdmom, what is your real name and why is your username weirdmom?i think you were the first person on here to add me a friend and reply to my post, but since then i've rarely chatted with you

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:25 PM Quote
Uhh...that's not my post ^

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Uhh...that's not my post ^

OH OH! your's and Sam's totally got switched bc his answer to this thread is in the thread on the General side!!!
Gremlin switch!

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
ooo it was a long time ago... I think it was watching the Glastonbury headline performance on the TV in 2000 that got me hooked :-D I also remember a teacher in my secondary school telling me to buy 'The Man Who' around about the same time. I must have been about 16 (I'm 25 now haha)

Darran
Darran Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
H.A.P.P.Y

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:42 PM Quote
2002. I was 8.

Lizzie b
Lizzie b Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:49 PM Quote
it was summer of '01, i was 16. my friend's other friend backed out of the concert cuz she "didn't like Travis". SO my friend asked me. they were opening for Dito, and i was a Dito fan back then... so i said yes. i liked what i heard and my friend copied TMW and TIB onto a tape and the rest is history...

Craig
Craig Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:19 PM Quote
1999 after a friend gave me the man who

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 7:31 PM Quote
The first Travis song I ever heard played was U16 Girls in, what, 1997? I liked it. Paid no attention to the lyrics, just thought it was a pretty good tune.

And that was it, until I fell in love with The Invisible Band 4/5 years after. Bought Good Feeling as a result and got a twinge of recognition when I heard vthe song in there.

Side was the song that really confirmed me as a big fan.

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
It was 2000 and I saw a video of AIWDIR on Mtv2. That was the early stages of Mtv2 when they played a more diverse and good selection.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:41 PM Quote
man, some of us are skanky! :D

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:38 AM