Travis

my Travis deed for today
Ursina
Ursina Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:27 PM Quote
this morning I had to pick up late arrival student from the airport, 1 1/2 hours away. Of course I had the Ode playing so the girl said -this is very melodic music you are playing. So I told her that it's by a Scottish band called Travis :) She sounded interested and I think she liked it although she has not heard of them before. She is from Guangzhou in China..... :)

Re: my Travis deed for today
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:33 PM Quote
Nice one! I'm in the process of converting my 4 yr old into a Travis fan. Listening to ODE in the car coming home from school today, he was in the back playing his air guitar to Chinese Blues and said "I love the guitar on this radio Mummy, it's Travis isn't it?" That's my boy!!! ;-)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:34 PM Quote
Be careful, no-one likes a smart arse, you know bobbing along smuggly to odes glorious tones.

But im sure your far from that. . .

;-)

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Nice one! I'm in the process of converting my 4 yr old into a Travis fan. Listening to ODE in the car coming home from school today, he was in the back playing his air guitar to Chinese Blues and said "I love the guitar on this radio Mummy, it's Travis isn't it?" That's my boy!!! ;-)

I know several 6 year olds who LOVE Selfish Jean.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:03 PM Quote
That's cool! Whenever I play Travis for people in my car they always, always say something. "Oooh, what's this your listening to? I like it!" :)

A co-worker of mine mentioned she wants to go see Coldplay live when they come to Detroit. I wasn't really sure about the music she liked up to this point, so we started talking about the new Coldplay album and I told her she could borrow it to burn. I told her that if she likes Coldplay she'll probably love Travis. :) I'm gonna let her borrow The Man Who as well when she comes in tomorrow. :) I'm always trying to convert people, lol.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
I'm trying to convert a friend too - I want her to come with me if they ever announce a gig in France.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:23 PM Quote
*lol* I was converted (to Travis-fandom) in a car in 1999 ;D

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:30 PM Quote
Im starting a new thread, this deserves a whole one on its own.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:49 PM Quote
Ive definatly converted a few friends!
Althought one is affectionetely refered to as "my clone" bc ive introduced her to many bands and tv shows...and more importantly, hockey!

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 9:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Ive definatly converted a few friends!
Althought one is affectionetely refered to as "my clone" bc ive introduced her to many bands and tv shows...and more importantly, hockey!

Aw, I used to be a clone of my brother, but I outgrew it :)
I recently played Singles in the car for my mom and she said afterwards, sounding really surprised "I like them!" Well of course! I'm not obsessed with them for nothing you know!

Lin
Lin Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
Well, once I was listening to "The boy with no name" in the bus. I was with my earphones on but loudness was on the top and everyone around I think could listen to it with me :)
And at some moment girl that was sitting next to me shook my sholder. I thought she would ask me to make music quiet but instead she asked "What are you listening to? Because all this time I was listening and liked it so much"
That made me feel so happy %) Though she said she never heard about "Travis" before but I hope she was really interested and memorized the name of the band.

And non-stop talking about Travis made my mum to remember four of them by names. And when I'm in pensiveness she makes fun of me asking questions like "Are you thinking about Dougie?"

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
That's cool! Whenever I play Travis for people in my car they always, always say something. "Oooh, what's this your listening to? I like it!" :)

I usually get the "i like it." On the weekend, to Selfish Jean, i got "this is the t-shirt song, isnt it?"

OHMEATPIES
OHMEATPIES Posted Wed 15 Oct, 2008 11:59 PM Quote
I converted my family to Travis. My 11-years old sister is addicted to Something Anything, and my father's got some songs on his iPod. And whenever I get the chance, I go around saying "Hey, do you know Travis?" I've been answered yes... one time.

RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:10 AM Quote
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/KANGA001/danceurfun.gif

My whole family are Travis fans...but have to admit I was the first ;o) in our family... since then my hubby and kids really love them.. so much so my middle son has just written to them off his own back and my youngest asked me to write and ask if he could be in their band he's only 5!! Here's a pic of him doing his Fran Healy impression!!

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/KANGA001/DSCF0353.jpg

RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Thu 16 Oct, 2008 12:17 AM Quote
Forgot about the one with the hat ;o)

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/KANGA001/DSCF0364.jpg

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:47 PM