Travis

Re: My first ODE listen. I couldn't wait any longer!!!
Meridith
Meridith Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 9:22 PM Quote
Nikki I caved too! I couldn't stand it any longer! After hearing the new songs on the live stream the other day I went over to the myspace page as well. I'm in love with the whole album. Wow, wow, wow!!! It is really cool to see how Friends evolved...I love that we got to see that process. I think my favorites would be Long Way Down, Chinese Blues, and Before You Were Young. Bah...I love the whole album. Thanks Travis!!!!!!!

And Kayte, I wholeheartedly agree...it would be a complete and utter shame to not listen and then have something happen to us. We are better for having heard the album now. :)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 9:42 PM Quote
I wouldn't have lasted two weeks! You did well haha Glad you love the album I'm in love too it keeps getting better and better for me each time i listen to it :-D How long have you got to wait until you can have it in your hands?

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
thehitcher wrote:
I wouldn't have lasted two weeks! You did well haha Glad you love the album I'm in love too it keeps getting better and better for me each time i listen to it :-D How long have you got to wait until you can have it in your hands?

Well, either Nov. 4 or as soon as Luke puts a stamp on it and sends it to me. We decided to do a trade, lol, like Indians. I'm going to send him something in return.

Glad you love the album too Meridith! :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
thehitcher wrote:

Well, either Nov. 4 or as soon as Luke puts a stamp on it and sends it to me. We decided to do a trade, lol, like Indians. I'm going to send him something in return.

Glad you love the album too Meridith! :)

I was thinking you could maybe send me an itunes voucher, 'cos you can buy them as gifts and send it via email so would be easy. But not sure if it works between different countries and currencies....

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 1:58 AM Quote
Aww I'm very glad you're enjoying it!!
12 Memories and The Man Who are my favourite records too, so I think there's a pretty good chance I'll love this one!

Turtleneck wrote:

But you know, life is so precarious. What if we got into an accident before November 4? It would almost be stupid if we didn't listen now.

Oh Kayte! Don't say that!!!!!!!!! Lol.

I have will power and I'm 100% sure I'll wait until I have my own album in my hands, but it's killing me. I'm having dreams about Travis all the time.

The other night I dreamed I went to Peru with a friend because Travis were playing there, and met the band and asked them when would they come to Argentina and they said "no, we're not going back there, and we're not releasing the album either, because it's not profitable. I'm sorry but it's not gonna happen". So I said "but it said november 4th!!" and Neil said "No. It said South America, we were never going to release it in Argentina in the first place". I was devastated!!!

Earlier last week I dreamed I was on the street and Fran came out of nowhere wearing his hat and started yelling at me that my bag was way too heavy for me and that there's no way I could carry it. He was so rude to me that I think it might have been Frank :oP

So, as you can see, it's self-inflicted torture xD.
It was wise giving in, Nikki!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 2:08 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
12 Memories and The Man Who are my favourite records too, so I think there's a pretty good chance I'll love this one!

Turtleneck wrote:

But you know, life is so precarious. What if we got into an accident before November 4? It would almost be stupid if we didn't listen now.

I have will power and I'm 100% sure I'll wait until I have my own album in my hands, but it's killing me. I'm having dreams about Travis all the time.

The other night I dreamed I went to Peru with a friend because Travis were playing there, and met the band and asked them when would then come to Argentina and they said "no, we're not going back there, and we're not releasing the album either, because it's not profitable. I'm sorry but it's not gonna happen". So I said "but it said november 4th!!" and Neil said "No. It said South America, we were never going to release it in Argentina in the first place". I was devastated!!!

Earlier last week I dreamed I was on the street and Fran came out of nowhere wearing his hat and started yelling at me that my bag was way too heavy for me and that there's no way I could carry it. He was so rude to me that I think it might have been Frank :oP

hahaha, poor poor Juli!
Maybe Fran was just concerned that your heavy bag would hurt your back!
Unless it was indeed Frank. Was he on a llama?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 5:21 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

hahaha, poor poor Juli!
Unless it was indeed Frank. Was he in a llama?

Hahaha, he wasn't in a llama, he was walking. But he wasn't concerned that I would hurt my back either. He was very angry at me, I nearly cried (in my dream) :oP

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 5:38 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

hahaha, poor poor Juli!
Unless it was indeed Frank. Was he in a llama?

Hahaha, he wasn't in a llama, he was walking. But he wasn't concerned that I would hurt my back either. He was very angry at me, I nearly cried (in my dream) :oP

I think we should analyze your dream.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 5:53 PM Quote
LMAO @ your dreams Juli!! Although Fran(k) shouldn't have been that rude to you!!!

Oh btw, glad you enjoyed (and continue doing it) the album, Nikki :o).

My favourite musically speaking is Friends, although I love each and every single song of the album, they're really something else :o).

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 7:09 PM Quote
Nikki,you are really good at expressing yourself with words,great writer,plus you're really pumping me up!we don't get the album here till 11/04, and i think i have enough self control not to listen to it before then, no pressure around me,luckily, none of my friends even know who travis is really:-)

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 7:35 PM Quote
Juli- You must stay strong! If you can hold on until the 4th, I'm sure I can too!
Turtleneck wrote:

And Kayte, that is sooo not nice. You shouldn't hang death and Travis over someone's head like that when they're trying to resist temptation.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

I think we should analyze your dream.

Haha, ok. I really don't know what it means, so if you have any ideas... :oP

Ashley and Sam - you're waiting too! That's good to know. Now I feel a bit less lonely haha. We're throwing a party on nov 4th for all of us who are waiting. With pizza and everything. Kayte is coming too, even though she has heard the album already :oP.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Mon 13 Oct, 2008 8:46 PM Quote

Turtleneck wrote:

The other night I dreamed I went to Peru with a friend because Travis were playing there, and met the band and asked them when would they come to Argentina and they said "no, we're not going back there, and we're not releasing the album either, because it's not profitable. I'm sorry but it's not gonna happen". So I said "but it said november 4th!!" and Neil said "No. It said South America, we were never going to release it in Argentina in the first place". I was devastated!!!

Lol, poor Juli! You dreamed that you were in Peru and last night I dreamed that I was in Argentina! but I didn't see Frank!
Hey, I bought it! I love ODE!

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 5:19 PM