Travis

My first ODE listen. I couldn't wait any longer!!!
Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
I just had a breakdown and went on Travis' Myspace page and listened to every single track, LOL! Ahhhhhh...I feel so much better now! All that waiting was driving me nuts! All I have to say is OMG I LOVE IT! I love this album!!!!! I can't wait to actually own it and to hear it LIVE.

Just a few words on some of the songs I'm hearing for the first time...

Chinese Blues is perfect. The piano, the words...it's such an awesome song and a great album opener. LOVE IT!

I don't get this "Broken Mirror has to grow on me" talk. I loved it right away. Yeah, it's slower...but it's such a groovy song. I agree with the Doors comparisons. It's very different. I like it a lot!

It's really amazing hearing how Friends has evolved from Fran singing it in a fuzzy bear hat with an acoustic guitar and backing vocals from Clay on YouTube to what it is on the album, lol. Like everyone said...sexy. Great song.

Quite Free is really nice. I like it a lot. Cool sound.

I LOVE Last Words! The melody is really catchy and I was already singing along on my first listen. Love the return of the banjo.

I know that some boardies were also saying that Get Up wasn't that impressive next to the other songs on the album. I totally disagree. I loved it before, and after hearing it next to all the other songs, I think I love it even more. It brings a lot of energy to the album. I think it rocks! They should do it live. It has a very "Eyes Wide Open" and "Side" vibe to it.

So, to sum up, I love every song on the album! :D haha! I don't have the best speakers on this computer, so I really can't wait to actually own the album and listen to it properly. But right now I'd say Ode has the potential to be right up there with The Man Who and 12 Memories as one of my favorite Travis albums. It's a masterpiece. I'm still in awe that they were able to write and record this album in such a short period of time. It's so cohesive and the fact that there's a whole story behind it is just genius.

Before You Were Young, Long Way Down, J. Smith, Song To Self, Chinese Blues, Something Anything, Get Up and Last Words are the songs that stand out to me the most, but I also really like Friends, Quite Free and Broken Mirror.

Thank you Travis for always surprising me and for continually making great music. There aren't really words to tell you how much it means to me.

Re: My first ODE listen. I couldn't wait any longer!!!
nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:06 PM Quote
AHHHHHHHH Nikki!!!

I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out!!!

Bet you feel like a weight has been lifted now?

LOL

It's superb isn't it.

xx

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:15 PM Quote
I know! LOL! It was only a matter of time. I had to cancel my Amazon order. Hey, I made it to Oct. 12! Not bad! But there was no way in hell I was gonna make it to Nov. 4. I think Juli might be the only one left with more will power than me! Aww...poor Juli. :P

I blame Kayte. She left a comment on my profile taunting me, saying she was listening to the whole album.

But yes, I am LOVING Ode!!!!!!!!!

Eledh
Eledh Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
I KNEW IT!
XD
LOL.
But anyway, Quite Free is actually my favourite ode song right now. But it's a different song every day so... XD

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
lol, weak!

Nah, holding out for 2 weeks was a pretty fair effort.

Chines Blues is just magical. Incredible tune.

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
lol, weak!

Nah, holding out for 2 weeks was a pretty fair effort.

Chines Blues is just magical. Incredible tune.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:27 PM Quote
Hahaha!!! :) Glad you enjoy it. :) It is great indeed. Though I still totally disagree about Get Up. lol. It reeeeeeaaally shouldn't be on there. But every other song is really, really good. :) Hehe. Naughty Nikki. Though I don't blame you at all. Ode is my 3rd favourite Travis album. I think that's a solid position so I'm really pleased. And I still adore 6 of the songs, especially Quite Free. :)

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
*tuts*

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki. We're disappointed. :|

Hehe, only joking, glad you like it! It would have been a bit of an anticlimax if you thought it was terrible. Good luck on getting a CD copy soon :)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 5:58 PM Quote
once a junkie, always a junkie! I knew a little hit of BYWY wouldnt be enough to get you through! hahaha. Good job!

welcome in Nikki! welcome in! (insert necessary "a shame about the weather..." here)

rebekah
rebekah Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
(: good on you! I imagine it would've been quite annoying with everyone getting their cds before you..but now you can join in on the vibrancy and lovliness of Ode :D

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I blame Kayte. She left a comment on my profile taunting me, saying she was listening to the whole album.

Taunting you? I did no such thing! If you're going to blame anyone, blame those Ode pushers in the UK. They drove us to it.

But you know, life is so precarious. What if we got into an accident before November 4? It would almost be stupid if we didn't listen now.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:18 PM Quote
You caved in eh? Hmm, I think punishment is in order, maybe I'll refrain from buying a certain CD tomorrow... http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/XD.gif

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I know! LOL! It was only a matter of time. I had to cancel my Amazon order. Hey, I made it to Oct. 12! Not bad! But there was no way in hell I was gonna make it to Nov. 4. I think Juli might be the only one left with more will power than me! Aww...poor Juli. :P

But yes, I am LOVING Ode!!!!!!!!!

Good good!!! Glad your liking it.
I loved it the first time I heard it too, but most of the songs have grown on me even more in the last couple of weeks. Really loving Broken Mirror and Last Words.

Like the way Kayte blames us Ode pushers here in Blighty!!!!

I know I couldn't have lasted if I was you.

xx

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
You caved in eh? Hmm, I think punishment is in order, maybe I'll refrain from buying a certain CD tomorrow... http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/XD.gif

LOL!
O.O NO, LUKE!!!!!!! I'm counting on you!!!

deebee
deebee Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 7:51 PM Quote
You did very well to last this long !! (far longer than I did in any case :-P)

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:26 AM