Travis

Re: The Boy With No Name >> Ode To J Smith
purplesky
purplesky Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 6:21 AM Quote
I'd like to be Number 2 Travis Fan, too. :)

I love your expression, Fran. "Hear Heart and Soul when listening to music. I think I can say I'm in the state too. :D
I love Travis as they are. I feel that Travis is a person with a good heart and soul. They are like best friends who are always growing, and at the same time who are always there for fans.

My heart beats the most when I listen to music of Travis. I can feel my body reacts in a way that sometimes my heart cries over some songs, or I feel there's warmth around me, or I feel there's zero gravity dragging me down like I'm flying.

I'm always grateful for knowing their songs. Thanks, Travis, all the time! :)

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 6:27 AM Quote
purplesky wrote:
I'd like to be Number 2 Travis Fan, too. :)

I love your expression, Fran. "Hear Heart and Soul when listening to music. I think I can say I'm in the state too. :D
I love Travis as they are. I feel that Travis is a person with a good heart and soul. They are like best friends who are always growing, and at the same time who are always there for fans.

My heart beats the most when I listen to music of Travis. I can feel my body reacts in a way that sometimes my heart cries over some songs, or I feel there's warmth around me, or I feel there's zero gravity dragging me down like I'm flying.

I'm always grateful for knowing their songs. Thanks, Travis, all the time! :)

agree.
Besides, Travis songs, make me feel better, make me company on the bus XD, on the car, on my feelings, thoughs, and that's amazing about music :)

Hodgy
Hodgy Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 8:51 AM Quote
I think the appeal about Travis for me is as much about the guys in the band being just like us (i.e Fans), as well as the music being brilliant. There's so many bands that I like, but that are completely inaccessible and who wouldn't give you the kind of insight into their songs that Fran does.

P.S - For the record, Ode wins over TBWNN every time for me - can't beat a few Dunlop solo's!

Ruudio
Ruudio Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 10:35 AM Quote
In no way is Ode to J Smith lacking in something - its a masterpiece n I love it =D

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 11:19 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
Travis are an organic band. These records decide for themselves what they will be. They come to us out of the blue. We will always endeavor to make timeless music. My message is either get on the bus or get off because this bus is moving. Where? We don't know... But that's the best part.
All I know is that stating your taste says more about you than about us. I'm glad you enjoyed one of our records. Cherish it.
However if you can hear some difference in albums and songs then you are not listening closely enough... Since the very first song we recorded together till the last one, if you listen close enough you will hear our hearts pounding with every note played. That is what a hard core fan hears. I am happy to state this is what I am. I don't hear music any more. I hear heart and soul. I hear blood rushing.
I am the number 1 Travis fan.
Challenge me if you dare :)

Ohhhhhh a challenge!!!!

I am feeling your passion Fran. What anyone hears and feels when they listen to music is very personal, hence the reason I find it kind of hard to make comparisons between songs let alone albums.
All I can say is that your music touches me in lots of different ways. Be it today or 8 years ago.
I am enjoying the Bus ride thanks Fran and have no intention of getting off!!!

XXXX

paul_c
paul_c Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:58 PM Quote
I understand your point and i agree with everything you said

TBWNN is going to be a difficult one to top i think

Craig
Craig Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 2:09 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
Travis are an organic band. These records decide for themselves what they will be. They come to us out of the blue. We will always endeavor to make timeless music. My message is either get on the bus or get off because this bus is moving. Where? We don't know... But that's the best part.
All I know is that stating your taste says more about you than about us. I'm glad you enjoyed one of our records. Cherish it.
However if you can hear some difference in albums and songs then you are not listening closely enough... Since the very first song we recorded together till the last one, if you listen close enough you will hear our hearts pounding with every note played. That is what a hard core fan hears. I am happy to state this is what I am. I don't hear music any more. I hear heart and soul. I hear blood rushing.

spot on fran couldnt agree with you more. im exactly the same id be the number 2 travis fan lol

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

I wouldn't dare to challenge you Fran but I think I come pretty close though :)

btw would that be the FTPO bus !? ;)

luv
sina:)

alexandria_z
alexandria_z Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 5:42 PM Quote
It's like they say, you love someone/something(in this case) in spite of their/its flaws. Well this is almost true, Travis' music does not have flaws, it's music, take it and listen. Enough with all this discussion about this album is not as good as this album or this album is more Travis, they're all Travis.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 10:58 PM Quote
Fran wrote:

If I were you, Fran, I would say exactly what you said here. And I applaud you for it, because, let's face it, if you didn't have such a strong belief in your creations, you'd be in the wrong job. And, by the same token, if you weren't Travis fan no 1, why should your fans like you?

I think you make a lot of your music very personal, and I also have said before that each album reflects where you are in your lives. The Boy and 12 Memories reflect that, with bells on. But that speaks to me more of the organic nature of the band, than heartbeats and blood rush. Or maybe it's just semantics. Hell, chuck me off the bus....I'm up for a challenge and a tussle :)

I'm loving the music, and have done for some 10 years or maybe more. I love some albums more than others. And that's my perogative to have preferences, and, as per your suggestion, I cherish the ones I choose to. But I make no apologies for having favourites.

I don't know if this makes me less hard core than you would wish. I think I'd be heartbroken if the lead singer of one of my favourite bands said this of me. I hope my honesty makes me a welcome passenger on Travis' journey.

RUTHIEBABE00
RUTHIEBABE00 Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
Wow, you hear the passion within your songs... and even when you write a post!!! I'm on the bus ride along life with you guys. I love the soul that goes into the music.. you reach out to your fans in your music.. I feel your heartbeat with every beat of the drum, every strum on the guitar, every boom from the bass and every time you open your mouth Fran I get goosebumps.

I love your music... have I said enough to be your No2 fan ;o) Love you guys more than you'll ever know, your music touches my heart in more ways than one, every inch of my body reaps the benefits ;o) Xxx

Ps.... perhaps make me your No1 fan.. as really I'm right up there with you Xx

Craig
Craig Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 11:28 PM Quote
you guys and your passion for great music and the lyrics does have a special place in my heart as do the gigs and all the albums. when im at your shows nothing else matters to me even waiting outside i would not wait as long as i have outside your gigs for any other band and i mean that.

there is something about the music i love so much, no other bands music has touched me in a way like travis have. im on the bus and have no intention of getting off anytime soon! im on it for life i will be a fan to the grave!! i have attended 14 of your shows to date and will be coming to as many as i can in the future!! you have touched me with your music and passion over the years in more ways than one!

i deserve to be travis fan no2!!!!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:15 AM Quote
I've only just looked at this thread and I was just discussing with my sister this evening, Travis perfomance at Liverpool ( the one she went to , I didn't) on the magnetic energy in Fran and the mind blowing gigs from Travis that send everyone in to orbit. Its quite fantastic .

I must be hard core ! I actually dont listen to much other music these days and other music doesn't do it for me much these days quite the same . I don't expect everyone is this hard core but I have questioned why I am like this and I really dont know . Its an addiction to the sound...the sound Fran talks about.
Nothing seems to satisfy the same .

Welcome to Travis Anonomous :)

btw - I went to Carlisle this week and was walking down this little cobbly street with victorian lanterns and it was JUST as I imagined J.Smith to be in when I listen to the sound.I wont go on about that as its my dream and your J.Smith is probably different !

The musical , when it comes, will be outta this world with atmosphere.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 1:11 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

Ya see everyone, This is why I love travis. The heart and soul behind everything and it came from the horses mouth there.
His post made me giggle. I think apart from being a musical genius, he is a genius, like one of insanely intelligent people..except he's sane and all.
I wish i went to the same school he did, he learnt alot! lol

cartoonmatrix
cartoonmatrix Posted Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:14 AM Quote
Fran wrote:

I'm on the bus with my lifetime ticket, Fran. i couldn't have been happier when I got my Ode to J. Smith cd in the mail. I ordered it from the UK cause I couldn't wait for the Nov. 4 release here in the States. To be fair, I love a lot of songs on Boy With No Name, but I was a bit saddened by some of the production of your songs. I felt it was a step back to a place you all had outgrown. Ode to J. Smith is the sound we all know and love. It is the real Travis, the rockers we know when we all see you live and in person. It is that heart and soul, as you said, laid bare as it should be. Travis is too tight of a band to be hidden by too much production (don't get me wrong Nigel is a great producer but you all outgrew him). Big ups to letting Andy finally rock out! I can honestly say there isn't a song on this album I don't like. It is a full album, not just singles, and that is a dying art these days. Thanks for keeping it alive. You deserve all the success you will hopefully get in the US from this album. This album will pleasantly surprise a lot of people. Now get those live US dates out and make sure the Tabernacle in Atlanta is one of them!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:07 AM