Travis

Re: Release Before You Were Young as a single!
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 21 Oct, 2008 11:53 PM Quote
I'm thinking Last Words after Song To Self...

OR...

a new song. They did after album 2, and 4... 6? And if it was something like Coming Around and Walking In The Sun i'd be delighted. :)

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 12:14 AM Quote
J. Smith and Something Anything haven't really done anything, Song to Self might, but it all depends on promotion and luck with radio.

Maybe Song To Self/Before You Were Young could be released as a double A-side, if such a thing is done nowadays.

Chinese Blues should be the fourth and final single.

jambut
jambut Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 2:10 AM Quote
I think they missed the heat for Chinese Blues. I've taken the song to be about sort of the injustice of the country of China "a million other people with their head in the sand" etc. Sort of pragmatically saying yer we're all like china but yer too deep.

Yer i just think the whole China thing has really died down since the olympics and the public interest is dead for it. If they'd released it olympic time ooo that would of been interesting. NME would of bummed it "controversy from camp scottish rockers"

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 6:55 AM Quote
Peewee wrote:
I love it too! By far my FAVOURITE on the whole album! :0)

same for me.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 7:46 AM Quote
Agree!!! Before You Were Young, Friends or Chinese Blues, they would be great as a single.

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 7:47 AM Quote
My husband likes the new album and he ALWAYS has to listen to this one twice! It's definately got something that grabs those who are not die-hard fans too!

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 9:11 AM Quote
agree as well. I'm not sure if they are going to release a 3rd single though. The idea of a double single as mentioned here before sounds a great idea, don't know if it's done ? Song to Self is a great single.. it's been played a lot here and it becomes a right ear worm. Adding BYWY would be cool

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 9:17 AM Quote
Sounds good, I love BYWY!
I have to also say that I am completely taken by Sarah and Used to Belong. So, just the idea of a new single excites me thinking that another great surprise will be delivered with it.

everyday_face
everyday_face Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
I genuinely believe it would be a dumb move not to release this as a single. Like someone said a few posts earlier it's even capturing the attention of non Travis fans.

I already posted my thoughts on this earlier, but the way I see it is what's there to lose? If they release it as a single and it bombs, does it really mean anything after SA? Whereas taking the risk on allowing new ears to fnind it is a worthy and potentially profitable one!

x

Ursina
Ursina Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 12:17 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
Peewee wrote:
I love it too! By far my FAVOURITE on the whole album! :0)

same for me.

I think it's becoming my fave too. Friends is close and Quite Free and ...... ahh I really love this album !

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 8:27 PM Quote
After the Hard Rock Cafe gig last week, Fran was saying to a group of us that they were considering releasing Before You Were Young as a single after Song To Self. Nothing confirmed, but he definitely said that it is in contention.

For what it's worth Fran, it would get my vote, because it is an amazingly beautiful record.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 22 Oct, 2008 9:03 PM Quote
Don't see the point in singles if they aren't promoted.

purplesky
purplesky Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 9:17 AM Quote
Delia24Oct07 wrote:
Agree!!! Before You Were Young, Friends or Chinese Blues, they would be great as a single.

Agree! :) I support Song to self, BYWY, Chinese Blues, Friends to be next singles!

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 12:08 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
After the Hard Rock Cafe gig last week, Fran was saying to a group of us that they were considering releasing Before You Were Young as a single after Song To Self. Nothing confirmed, but he definitely said that it is in contention.

For what it's worth Fran, it would get my vote, because it is an amazingly beautiful record.

well, EP J. Smith
1 single Something Anything
2 single Song To Self
3 single Before You Were Young

Amazing

If there is a 4 single i think Last Words or Friends are the better choice.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 23 Oct, 2008 3:54 PM Quote
purplesky wrote:
Delia24Oct07 wrote:

Agree! :) I support Song to self, BYWY, Chinese Blues, Friends to be next singles!

I'd love to get chinese blues as a single ;)....God love that piano part (of course the melody is cool too! But still ;) hehe)

Love the song...and sure: bywy ;) but first: chinese blues ;)))

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:59 PM