Love Will Come Through
Closer
J.Smith
Something Anything
Long Way Down
Song To Self
Sing
Driftwood
Flowers In The Window (busker style, preceded by a man proposing to his girlfriend on stage, congratulations to them)
As You Are
All I Wanna Do Is Rock
Before You Were Young
Turn

-------------

I Kissed A Girl
More Than Us
Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Another great night, my eighth now and although I was halfway back, the sound was pretty good. Quite an old crowd, I thought, and it was pretty clear that a lot of them didn't know Travis had a new album out, nevermind buying it, as when Fran went for a show of hands for who'd bought it, probably around 30 hands went up. The crowd took a bit of time to warm up, despite Selfish Jean played second, not many people really loosened up until Side. It was funny when the choral bit in J.Smith ended, as those not in the know took that as the end of the song and started clapping, haha.

Anyway, I'm not one for rattling on forever about gigs and that. Thanks chaps, good luck with the rest of the tour and hope to see you back really soon.

Re: Wolverhampton
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:31 AM Quote
Excellent! Before You Were Young in the setlist!

So did they have the big gong then?

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:34 AM Quote
All has been said above and it's all correct. :) Was strange. Crowd was so quiet at the start. But did eventually get into it. I was very happy with the reaction to Closer. We had a debate recently about it's popularity. Everyone was singing along. Unlike Selfish Jean. I was about a third of the way back. Got what I think will be good videos of, among parts of a few others, a full video of the awesome new Side. :) No photos came out unfortunately though.

I Kissed A Girl is a good addition to the set list. Franny forgot the opening line and had to be reminded of it by Andy. LOL. Great gig again. My 4th Travis gig and second favourite behind Nottingham in February. A few nice additions to the set list. Great gig! :)

Bought 2 t shirts and a mug. Would have stayed behind but the bloody car park closed at 11:30. 4th time and 4th different reason for being unable to stay behind.

The new songs are very powerful live. Song To Self is a lot louder live. It'll blow your head off! :) Thanks Fran, Dougie, Neil and Andy for another great night. :)

lozm
lozm Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:35 AM Quote
What a great gig! I managed to get front row, right infront of Fran and I was only queing from 6, so that was a bonus. The new songs sound incredible live. Of course the classics were great as well, was so happy to hear Re-offender, although slightly gutted not to here either U16 Girls or Tied To the 90's but can't win 'em all I guess. Before You Were Young sounds even more beautiful live then it does on the record. I'll post some pics in the tour archive tomorrow, but bed time now.

P.s thanks for a reminder of the setlist.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:38 AM Quote
Another thing, the intro to As You Are and the intro to More Than Us are far too similar. I ALWAYS guess wrong when they play each song. I have a bad habit of saying the name of the song out loud as soon as I recognise it, and those two songs always throw me.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
OMG! I love that set list! They put "As You Are" back in and added "Before You Were Young"! ...(yes, I'm excited about this song even though I haven't actually heard it yet, haha!) Glad you guys had fun!! :)

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
All has been said above and it's all correct. :) Was strange. Crowd was so quiet at the start. But did eventually get into it. I was very happy with the reaction to Closer. We had a debate recently about it's popularity. Everyone was singing along. Unlike Selfish Jean. I was about a third of the way back. Got what I think will be good videos of, among parts of a few others, a full video of the awesome new Side. :) No photos came out unfortunately though.

I Kissed A Girl is a good addition to the set list. Franny forgot the opening line and had to be reminded of it by Andy. LOL. Great gig again. My 4th Travis gig and second favourite behind Nottingham in February. A few nice additions to the set list. Great gig! :)

Bought 2 t shirts and a mug. Would have stayed behind but the bloody car park closed at 11:30. 4th time and 4th different reason for being unable to stay behind.

The new songs are very powerful live. Song To Self is a lot louder live. It'll blow your head off! :) Thanks Fran, Dougie, Neil and Andy for another great night. :)

'Closer' got an amazing response in Liverpool last night aswell, so much so Fran stopped singing and Andy, Dougie, Neil and Klaus stopped playing and we all carried on singing the chorus haha. That was one of the highlights from the Liverpool gig for me. Good to see Re-Offender being played, love that song :-D Glad you enjoyed the gig

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:41 AM Quote
No big gong, Neil was hammering away at his cymbals though. Giving them a right larruping, he was.

I love that word, larruping.

I just thought, apart from the Singles tour, that's the first show where they haven't played Pipe Dreams.

^^ That I've been to, that is.

thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:45 AM Quote
Sorry Esteban, I forgot to say thank you for posting the setlist up! So big thanks :-D

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:57 AM Quote
Hey Esteban I knew you were there haha but Fran took the prize for 'whiffs' and... in his H Bomb T Shirt.!!

I took it more leasurely myself tonight having arrived a bit later than usual but even so I somehow floated to the front and got a good spot!. Wulfran Hall is soooo cool and laid back , I love it there .

Fran was very happy tonight . I loved the way they did the setlist , playing Ode tracks all together. My eyes nearly popped outta my head when 'Before you Were Young' started playing . It sounded excellent . J.Smith sounded much better with the choir included in this gig and for a crowd that did not know the tracks of Ode , they were all well received .I got a good video of Chinese Blues.

Fran let a couple propose marriage on stage tonight! - ( also have that on video) a real twist in the night.

It never fails to amaze me how Frans energy and passion never falters. They are absolutely amazing as a live Band and their standard of professionalism very hard to match.

A great laid back gig tonight and off they went in to the night .....

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 12:58 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
No big gong, Neil was hammering away at his cymbals though. Giving them a right larruping, he was.

I love that word, larruping.

I just thought, apart from the Singles tour, that's the first show where they haven't played Pipe Dreams.

^^ That I've been to, that is.

Not to blow my own trumpet, as it were, but was that not my suggestion from earlier?

gladsadmad wrote @ Tue 30 Sep, 2008 8:42 AM:-
Quote:
Couldn't they buy a small gong? Or use a cymbal at least?

Size doesn't matter, we just really need Before You Were Young in the set! (My absolute favourite of the moment)

I'm very glad it's in there now! Thanks for the setlist Esteban.

Robyn
Robyn Posted Fri 07 Nov, 2008 3:00 PM Quote
I'll admit this was my first Travis gig on the 30th at the Wulfrun! Don't hate me, this is the first time i've managed the date! Lol. Can't believe some of you have been 8 times - jealous much?!

Anyway, obviously i can't compare this gig with any others, but i still thought it was absolutely fantastic :) they played all my faves, and i got some great videos...but the photos were better! we weren't right at the front, but we were about 3 deep in the crowd which wasn't bad at all.
particularly enjoyed something anything, love will come through, re-offender and side. was really impressed by the band's interaction with the audience, much better than most bands i've seen. such a friendly atmosphere too.

loved their rendition of katy perry's i kissed a girl! they should release it, their vesion is better in my opinion. and fran forgot the words bless him. and he swore too if i remember correctly lol. tut tut.

how awesome was Fran's hat? i want one, although i doubt i'd wear it so well ;)

love the wulfrun too, such a great venue. i'd say we were almost the youngest there lol. bought a j. smith t-shirt of course :D

congrats again to scott & gemma on their engagment on stage. if only Fran was a vicar, he could have married them there and then! got the whole thing on video. so glad she said yes! bet scott was too lol.

all in all a brilliant night! thanks guys, love the new album by the way :)

p.s the pogo-stick jumping thing to why does it always rain on me was genius. glad the crowd had warmed up by that point, we seemed a bit quiet at first. but nobody can resist jumping around to travis eventually, so it was inevitable really.

DarthMaul
DarthMaul Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 12:03 AM Quote
I thought it was a fantastic night in the old hall at Wolves. Me and my Mrs got there at 6 after driving up listening to The Invisible Band in the car. We were right up front waiting to go in, got in and found a good view around the first set of doors on the left near the stage. The supporting act were great guys, did a good show. Then out came the lads! Since this was my first Travis gig (We all gota start sometime, right?) this was a magic moment for me, following since 2000 or so to see these guys do there stuff was grand. The crowd was slow to get into the show but warmed up nicely, as did I, towards the end, I was singing my lungs out with the lads. The night also saw a local dude get up on stage and ask his Mrs to marry him, then the guys played Flowers In The Window, at which point a bloke in the crowd walked past me and said "Wait till he's been married a few years and he will be wishing they played 'Why does it always rain on me' instead! Me and my Mrs totally TOTALLY enjoyed the gig and want you back ASAP to play for us again!!!!!

A word from the Mrs, just text her to ask what she wants me to write for her, and here it is

"Travis are the dogs B's"

And I gota say I agree!!!!!

Thanks for great music lads, keep going strong

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sun 05 Apr, 2009 6:49 PM Quote
It was a fabulous night.

I was right at the front in front of Dougie and loved every single second of the gig. I even got one of Dougie's plectrums at the end which is one of my most treasured possesions!!

Can't wait for the next time.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:02 AM