Travis

Ode to J. Smith in UK album chart
healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:12 PM Quote

The sales position in amazon.co.uk is very similar and close to the uk album chart.

Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 29 in Music

Re: Ode to J. Smith in UK album chart
thehitcher
thehitcher Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:22 PM Quote
so does that mean it might be 29 in the UK album charts next sunday? If so that's a disaster! I hope this won't be the case! I know it shouldn't matter but you can't help but want the album to do well.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:24 PM Quote
It wouldn't surprise me but I hope for better. Top ten's probably a major stretch with the lack of promotion, but if they go to town on promoting Song To Self (please!!!) and follow that up with Last Words then it might - just might - do what The Man Who did and pop up nearer the top of the pile in a few weeks. Right now a decent position's unlikely.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
With the amount of promotion, the band shouldn't be disappointed if they don't hit the top 20 as that is now highly unlikely. 29 wouldn't be too bad considering the amount of promotion.

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:33 PM Quote
Tavis albums uk album chart:

Good Feeling 20/09/1997 9
The Man Who 05/06/1999 1
The Invisible Band 23/06/2001 1
12 Memories 25/10/2003 3
Singles 13/11/2004 4
The Boy With No Name 19/05/2007 4

Now Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 27 in Music

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001E1GXHS/ref=s9sdps_c2_15_img1-rfc_g1-frt_p-3215_g1-3102_g1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1TN8SGGE2F88ZMYBZ9Q2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=218328491&pf_rd_i=468294

healyramirez
healyramirez Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:40 AM Quote
Amazon.co.uk Sales Rank: 26 in Music

come on travis!

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 1:17 AM Quote
They're at 36 on Play.com

It shows they have fans that have kept track of what's going on. I know 36 is pretty bad but i'll say it again, the general music fan has no idea Travis are bringing a new album out. Thinking of that, 36 isn't as bad as it could be. I mean, Something Anything...

1922 Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 3:58 AM Quote
#99 on HMV's best seller list

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 4:08 AM Quote
maybe a lot more people will buy it the first few days it is out as opposed to pre ordering it online.
Like people have said..lack of promotions, but soon people will actually see it in shops.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 4:35 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
maybe a lot more people will buy it the first few days it is out as opposed to pre ordering it online.
Like people have said..lack of promotions, but soon people will actually see it in shops.

Good point. I never pre-order CDs. Ode is the only album I've ever pre-ordered, and that's because I'm obsessively in love with Travis, lol. I just wait till I see an album in shops for other bands I like. And I know you guys are talking UK charts here, but you also have to take into account that they're going to sell a ton more albums outside the UK once it's finally released in North and South America.

From what people are syaing, Ode sounds like it has the potential to be one of their best albums ever. Ahhhh!!! I want it nooow!

EDIT: Plus, if I saw a huge eyeball on an album cover I know I'd pick it up, lol. :) It's gonna stand out for sure.

purplesky
purplesky Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 5:16 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Good point. I never pre-order CDs. Ode is the only album I've ever pre-ordered, and that's because I'm obsessively in love with Travis, lol. I just wait till I see an album in shops for other bands I like. And I know you guys are talking UK charts here, but you also have to take into account that they're going to sell a ton more albums outside the UK once it's finally released in North and South America.

From what people are syaing, Ode sounds like it has the potential to be one of their best albums ever. Ahhhh!!! I want it nooow!

EDIT: Plus, if I saw a huge eyeball on an album cover I know I'd pick it up, lol. :) It's gonna stand out for sure.

Me, too. I've never pre-ordered a cd before. Ode was the first one. :) So far, I'm loving the new songs very much. I thank Travis for making such beautiful songs for us. For me, they are the number 1, and I personally think Ode has a potential to be one of their best. If people don't recognize this great album, that's a shame...

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 10:08 AM