Travis

Re: PLAGIARISM in Poland!!! (song Before You Were Young)
winatel
winatel Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:29 AM Quote
Sooooooooooo identical.
They copied BYWY, yeah, definitely.

I think the original song, BYWY, is wonderful.
but... the copy of it stinks.

They are POOR at EVEN COPYING other bands' songs?
Feel? Quit the band, I suggest.

purplesky
purplesky Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
Fran wrote:
That's amazing!! However, the melody to Before You Were Young was written in 2003 when I was writing for 12 Mems but could never get the words. The words were written last december.
Checking shows it went on the EMI Poland youtube site in July. Before You Were Young was posted on youtube in February this year.
I think it's way too close to be coincidence also.
Thanks for flagging this. I will ask our publishers to look into it.

Thank you, Fran! Before you were young is a mind blowing, beautiful song. :D

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
Thieving little toerags.

Profesor
Profesor Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 8:11 PM Quote
About Feel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feel_(band)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 8:56 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

:O These guys are hacks! Like mentioned above, it's one thing to take a few chords or a beat if you expand upon it and make it your own song, but to totally copy like that is just plain wrong. They shouldn't be getting attention, fame and money for it. Does anyone know if they're a popular band in Poland? My boyfriend Michal is Polish and usually keeps me up to date on all the cool Polish acts, but I don't ever recall hearing about them.

Oh dear. They're not popular, Nikki. They're MASSIVE here. I hate them- that guy sounds like a dying car engine. If you never heard of them, good for you! Well, I guess it's too late now.

*hides in the corner to die from embarrassment*

Darran
Darran Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 8:58 PM Quote
Hopefully the Travis lawyers can take these guys to the cleaners.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 9:23 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Oh dear. They're not popular, Nikki. They're MASSIVE here. I hate them- that guy sounds like a dying car engine. If you never heard of them, good for you! Well, I guess it's too late now.

I haven't listened to this yet because I haven't heard the Travis version so I wouldn't be able to tell anything.

But the fact that they're massive makes this much worse! I thought perhaps they were some teeny band.

The guy sounds like a dying car engine...sounds like Nickelback.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 9:34 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

I haven't listened to this yet because I haven't heard the Travis version so I wouldn't be able to tell anything.

But the fact that they're massive makes this much worse! I thought perhaps they were some teeny band.

The guy sounds like a dying car engine...sounds like Nickelback.

oh Poor Megg! Dont you hate when morons are from your country (see: Nickleback, dude that attacked Noel Gallagher).
Anne, I cant remember if you are staying away from new songs until you get the album, but if you dont mind hearing, that youtube clip has sections of Before You Were Young and the stealing Polish dudes.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:37 PM Quote
I have been avoiding the album but I caved just now. I thought the youtube video was of the whole Polish song and you'd just hear the similarities if you knew the Travis song.

I caved when you said it was just a clip and now I can't believe it. That is way too similar to be coincidence.

Definite douchey move.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:45 PM Quote
Don't feel bad, Megg! I hope this doesn't have any impact on Travis' decision of whether or not to ever hold a concert in Poland. (I'm sure it wouldn't). We still got our Polish pride! ;)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 1:00 PM Quote
I'm glad Fran responded and is aware now. I just love that song and it really sucks that these people have stolen such a huge slice of the song....their lyrics are crap too. Fran's lyrics, the tune and everything about this song is amazing!

Esteban
Esteban Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 1:16 PM Quote
These Polish, coming over here in the back of a lorry, taking all our songs. I bet they're undercutting Travis on the iTunes store too.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 30 Sep, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
Polish version of Treivis wannabees. S'all I'm sayin'.

erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Wed 01 Oct, 2008 3:07 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Polish version of Treivis wannabees. S'all I'm sayin'.

hahaha

nop
Treivis are better than them... their Treivis next single is before you will be old... lol

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 1:21 AM