Travis

In shock
MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 3:14 AM Quote
Cancer is such an evil sickness. It takes you so suddenly.
My uncle died today and it was so unexpected.
He had cancer last year and he had two thirds of his stomach removed. This was meant to help him greatly and then the cancer came back this year in his liver and spread.

He was put into a local hospital for care for one week, last week. And today he died. I'm still in shock.
He's also my god father as well as my uncle. He'd be my Mothers brother. Don't think anyone realises what is after happening.

Just came on here to get it off my chest. No one seems to believe it just yet. I saw him laid out in the coffin tonight, it was awful upsetting but it doesn't seem real. He was the eldest in his family, and has 3 grown up children and a wife. I feel so sorry for them :(

It was only the other day I went to see him and he as joking and fooling. He was a bit grumpy but i guess he was in pain and thankfully he isn't in pain anymore.

Death is so sad.

Re: In shock
jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 4:15 AM Quote
i'm sorry to hear this, this is sad. To see people everywhere attacked by cancer. But he's not on pain anymore, and he must to be better now, somewhere we don't know.
Hughs for you, and family.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
Maria, I'm so sorry. Cancer is a horrible horrible thing.

Love to you and your family.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
I'm so sorry for your loss Maria. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 5:40 AM Quote
It's so horrible when these things happen.
I'm very sorry for your loss, but like Jesús said, at least he's not in pain anymore *hugs*

Hanne
Hanne Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:24 AM Quote
I'm so sorry for your loss.

spid
spid Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 8:41 AM Quote
Commiserations - its always hard to lose someone - especailly someone close.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 10:15 AM Quote
I'm so sorry for your loss, honey.
Really. And trust me when I say I totally understand what you mean. If there's something I can understand better than everyone I know so far is the dead of the people I love.
And... There's nothing I can say, anyway. And it's good that you came here and you wrote it down. It's good to get it off your chest. At least it's something.
And... Yeah, it's a shock when you go there and see them a few days before or talk to them at the phone and then it happens.
Just... Be strong. ok? I know you are.
If you need to talk about this or about anything else just... You know where to find me.

*hugs really tight*

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:52 AM Quote
I'm really sorry for your loss.. I lost two relatives and one close friend of our family because of cancer, too, so I know what you're going through. I hope you and your family find the strength to carry on with your lives!

mili
mili Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:15 PM Quote
Sorry to hear about your uncle, Maria. I'm sending you warm thoughts and strenght.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 12:30 PM Quote
I'm really sorry to hear that, Maria. I've lost relatives to cancer as well. It's a horrible, horrible illness and I wish you and your family all the best through this difficult time.

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 1:39 PM Quote
I'm very sorry to hear that, Maria. Please accept my sincere condolences and I truly wish you'll overcome the deep sorrow. Love to you and your family.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
So sorry for your loss. I lost my father to cancer, quite suddenly, so I know how cruel a disease it is.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
I'm so sorry to hear that.

MariaMak
MariaMak Posted Mon 22 Sep, 2008 2:34 PM Quote
Thank you all very much for your kind words. It means alot.
The funeral mass won't be until Wednesday but we have the 'wake' tomorrow and rosary tonight.
It'll be a long few days

I'm kept busy today with the baking, and phone calls and trying to organise the various things.
It still isn't real to me.

One thing that made me smile today was my friend siobhan sent me the disc with my Travis photos from Cois Fharraige and also developed and enlarged the photo of me and Fran.
So i'll upload them when i can, keep my mind at ease.
I have a good few videos but my computer won't play them. Real or Windows media have no codex? Whatever that is

Its such a weird feeling. Don't think it'll hit me til Wednesday at the grave yard

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:49 AM