Travis

Album leak
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 2:00 AM Quote
Does anyone know if 'Ode' has been leaked yet? Because it was around this time that before TBWNN was released that it started to circulate....

Re: Album leak
SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 2:38 AM Quote
I dunno...but I sure hope not. It's nice to hear one or two songs like we've heard on that radio show, but a whole album leak? It's not really fair, and it makes the release of the album a bit anti-climactic. I heard most of the songs before TBWNN came out and I loved them, but I felt bad afterwards.

(I know I'm being a little hypocritical since I have heard a few of the songs already--live and stuff, but I really hope there's not a leak out!)

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 4:52 AM Quote
If there's a leak I don't want to hear it. Nothing compares to the feeling of the first time you listen to an album you have just bought while holding the case in your hands.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 9:33 AM Quote
No sign of it yet, pretty sure I'd have seen it if it had been leaked.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 9:36 AM Quote
Had a root aboot this morning, seems to be nothing. All I need is this and the new KOL album Only By The Night and im sorted till Dig Out Your Soul from Oasis in Oct, then the new Franz album due Nov, after that its Day And Age by The Killers.

The futures bright, the futures indie...

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 9:39 AM Quote
For me, it depends whether I think I can learn all the lyrics and choons within five days before the gig :D

Not seen anything yet.

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 9:56 AM Quote
Oh, im sure im up to that challenge. Edinburgh gig is on the 25th, so im sure it will be up by then. Got the next day off work and know edinburger well..... A great wee cheap bar pre and post gig is Rush on the cowgate. Tremendous jukebox, £1 a drink most days.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 1:42 PM Quote
I'm with ya, Sandy and Juli. I've heard some of the new stuff, but I still want to be surprised...I wouldn't want to hear the entire album before its official release date. I want to go pick it up from the store and put it in my CD player for the first time and hear the beginning notes to Chinese Blues and feel surprised. Eeee! I'm so excited for that moment!!!! :D

gaby
gaby Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 5:36 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
If there's a leak I don't want to hear it. Nothing compares to the feeling of the first time you listen to an album you have just bought while holding the case in your hands.

I totally agree! (hopefully this time, I will be able to hold this one´s case) :)

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
nope. Neither the single CD or the album have leaked yet.

would be quite nice if they didn't, to be honest.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
The Single promo has leaked but no b-sides tho, hopefully the album will leak soon cant wait for my pre-order to come

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 8:24 PM Quote
The Single promo has leaked but no b-sides tho, hopefully the album will leak soon cant wait for my pre-order to come

heich
heich Posted Sat 06 Sep, 2008 10:43 PM Quote
Kings of Leons new album leaked today and the release date is just one week before Ode To J Smith so i guess its close

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 12:33 AM Quote
The reason i'm asking is because i can't afford to go and buy the CD when it comes out- gona have to wait until payday on the 28th- so it'd be nice if i could still listen to it before i'm able to buy it :)

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 07 Sep, 2008 1:49 AM Quote
I'll be honest, I'll probably download it when it leaks. Would be nice to have a chance to listen to the songs before going to see them live. Don't get me wrong, I'll still buy a proper copy either off itunes or a cd when it is officially released.

Also, to be fair, has anyone noticed the sharp increase in the cost of gigs?? Since illegal file sharing became popular I can now afford to see more and more live shows as I don't have to spend as much money on cd's. Which is what it should really be all about - supporting live music. Especially smaller bands that I wouldn't normally think of seeing.

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:58 AM