Travis

Food from other countries/cultures...
la femme qui
la femme qui Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 6:21 AM Quote
...that you'd like to try...

It has to be the Luther Burger for me:

http://docwalk.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/lutherburger.jpg
A Luther Burger is a hamburger, specifically a bacon cheeseburger, which employs a glazed donut in place of the bun.

I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at that picture, but it sounds so disgustingly incredible I HAVE to have it. Oh, and corn dogs. I've never had a corn dog before.

What about you?

Re: Food from other countries/cultures...
physke
physke Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 6:34 AM Quote
I would die for a sis kebap now!
http://emrepastanesi.com/ciger_sis_kebap.jpg

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 6:37 AM Quote
la femme qui wrote:

A Luther Burger is a hamburger, specifically a bacon cheeseburger, which employs a glazed donut in place of the bun.

I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at that picture, but it sounds so disgustingly incredible I HAVE to have it. Oh, and corn dogs. I've never had a corn dog before.

What about you?

hahahaha, i see the picture and imagine the taste, not so tasty on my imagination.

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 7:42 AM Quote
umm i've had them but i'll still add...empanadas! mmmm they are served in many countries and i love 'em all ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1335/1244598771_7bcf03a026.jpg?v=0

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 8:08 AM Quote
You know I looove food. I love cooking, and I love eating. And I thought I am pretty open-minded when it comes to eating different things. But that lutherburger! OMG,I do not think I have the courage to swallow that thing. I would like to elaborate on that, but I should be respectful I guess. I will only say that it is not my cup of tea.

Empanadas on the other hand....hmmm yummy. Sometimes I make Turkified versions of it. I also passionately love Indian, Thai and Mexican. And yes, Kebaps...what can I say? Love them but I am a bit picky. Don't get them everywhere because it gets too disappointing.

Physke, in that kebab image, on the left-hand side there is a sausage-looking thing. What the hell is that? I could not figure it out.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 10:05 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
umm i've had them but i'll still add...empanadas! mmmm they are served in many countries and i love 'em all ;)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1335/1244598771_7bcf03a026.jpg?v=0

Ohhh!! I love empanadas!

not-the-same
not-the-same Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 10:21 AM Quote
I'd love to eat some real Mexican food, although there are a few Mexican restaurants around I guess it's different if you eat the food when it's made 'the real way' ;) Oh, and I want to eat a fried mars bar, but nobody wants to try with me, haha :D
I'm also a huge fan of anything Italian, yummy :)

AuroraBorealis
AuroraBorealis Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 11:54 AM Quote
Haggis, just so that I can say I've eaten a sheeps stomach. I've eaten sheep brain before, it's pretty good, was my favourite dish as a child. Always wondered if human brain tastes the same....

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 11:57 AM Quote
la femme qui wrote:

What about you?

That HAS to been inventd by a Scotsman !

I'd like to try Whale, Snake, Horse, Puffin, a real Italian Pizza and a proper Turkish Kebab.

Dubz

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 12:05 PM Quote
I want a Luther Burger.

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 12:10 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I'd like to try Whale, Snake, Horse, Puffin, a real Italian Pizza and a proper Turkish Kebab.

Dubz

Puffin? It is amazing how often "puffin" comes up in this board! Did you try alligators? It looks like it fits in to your list. If you did not try, you can get them in New Orleans.

And we can help you with real turkish kebabs (different restaurants for different varieties) in Turkey. If you travel here, let us know. We can plan an eating tour of Turkey for you:)

Peewee
Peewee Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 1:13 PM Quote
OMg I want the throw up at the idea of eating that Lutherburger! lol

Dubz, I watched a programme on Iceland the other week and whale is very big over there. Maybe you should go over on hols? Mind you they leave the flesh to rot then season it with salt and let it dry out in the open air. Apparently no flies or anthing goes near it as the smell is so vile! The poor guy trying it chucked his ring!(sick) LMAO

Do the Frenchies not eat Horse?

Barf...think I'm gonna throw! lol

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 1:18 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:
OMg I want the throw up at the idea of eating that Lutherburger! lol

Dubz, I watched a programme on Iceland the other week and whale is very big over there. Maybe you should go over on hols? Mind you they leave the flesh to rot then season it with salt and let it dry out in the open air. Apparently no flies or anthing goes near it as the smell is so vile! The poor guy trying it chucked his ring!(sick) LMAO

Do the Frenchies not eat Horse?

Barf...think I'm gonna throw! lol

Yeah Clarkson was talking about it on QI, said he was in Iceland and had a Whale steak and the waiter asked if he would like some grated Puffin on that, he also said that he had Seal's Fipper for a starter !!

Dubz

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
I'd like to try chakchouka. It's a Middle Eastern breakfast of eggs, chillis and tomatoes. I wussed out ordering it on holiday this summer, even tho it was on nearly every menu.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

Dubz, I watched a programme on Iceland the other week and whale is very big over there.

Aren't whales very big everywhere? ;o)

Pages [1] 2 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:03 AM