Travis

Something Anything UK Radio Spotter
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Thu 28 Aug, 2008 10:46 PM Quote
Good news! Found a play in the UK of the lesser-spotted Something Anything!

Travis On Virgin Radio Xtreme Playlist! Not proper Virgin Radio... yet.

Something Anything on Virgin Radio Xtreme Playlist!
It's a pity that it is only online or digital, but it's a start!...
>>>>> Listen now to Virgin Radio Xtreme! <<<<<
It's even been played tonight at 7.45pm! (*irony*) <<<

Ode To J. Smith" - As heard on Virgin Radio...
Well, I haven't yet, but here's hoping so very soon! So get requesting to Virgin Radio* here
Call the studio on: 0330 123 1215
Text the studio on: 8 1215 (25p+ntwk chg)
They seem far more Travis friendly than some other radio stations in the UK.
(*They're changing their name next week.)

Question - Has anybody in the UK - apart from Something Anything getting its first play on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 afternoon show, on Mark Radcliffe's Radio 2 evening show when Fran rang in from Berlin and Steve Lamacq's 6 Music Rebel Playlist - heard it being played on UK radio?

Not many of you i'm sure. If you have, you're very lucky!
And if a UK radio station does play Travis, it's always off of The Man Who or The Invisible Band.
Doesn't it make you feel like shouting at them "Just play the new songs!!?"

Travis didn't even win the Rebel Playlist on 6 Music. They lost to Gotye. Whoever they are.
So they are not even playlisted at 6Music. What do they know?

It's getting more airplay abroad than in the UK. And even that is Song To Self, not Something Anything, the official 1st single.

So, everybody in the UK - get requesting Something Anything to the Radio Stations! People need to hear this record.
If they don't hear it, they won't know that they like it enough to buy it. Which they would if only they knew about it.

We don't want Ode To J. Smith to pass by like the last 2 albums did without getting major UK airplay do we?
It's that good, it deserves recognition, something that it is not really getting as much as it deserves at the moment.
We, the fans, can change this. Or at least make our opinions heard to the people that make the station playlists.

Request here:-
Virgin Radio
XFM
BBC 6 Music
BBC Radio Two
BBC Radio One
Your local UK radio stations.
etc, etc, etc.

If you send your requests to these stations, that'd be great.
I'm not trying to improve Travis' chart position or make them more successful again (Although that would be nice).
It would however be nice to hear the new single sit side by side other similar artists to Travis once in a while.

How many times in the last few weeks have you heard bands very much in Travis' similar artists list played on radio stations with an announcement similar to "..and now from their new album out in September, October, the new single from.."??

It makes me want to ring up the radio stations and say:-
"Hello? Travis are back with a brilliant new single and album too, you know?"

It just seems that Travis are getting overlooked a bit again, whilst all the attention goes to Coldplay, The Verve, Oasis, Keane, Kaiser Chiefs, probably Snow Patrol next week, and even Razorlight the week after that, etc, etc...

They're all in Travis' genre but are played much more, in some cases months in advance. Where is Travis in this equation?

.... Yes, exactly. Go on, request Something Anything. Give the radio stations a reminder. It's not much to ask for, is it?

ps - If you find this rare Godzilla-like creature, please report when and where you heard it on UK radio on this thread, fellow Travis-spotters! Cheers!

Re: Something Anything UK Radio Spotter
gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:18 AM Quote
I take it that no replies means that no one has heard it on the radio then?

It was played again at 10:28am this morning on Virgin Xtreme!

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:28 AM Quote
Does anyone here listen to Virgin Xtreme? I'd never heard of it before :S

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 2:36 PM Quote
According to this page, Something Anything's been played 4 times on Absolute Xtreme since Monday.
This is the new name for Virgin Xtreme, the sister station to Virgin Radio, which has changed its name to Absolute Radio.

Last 10 songs
Listen here

Why isn't anywhere else playing Something Anything?
It's the single in the UK. It is getting next to no airplay apart from on this one station, as far as I can tell.

It's not as if it is too rocky or loud for normal radio stations to play during the day. Hell, it's better than Nickelback.

If you do happen to hear it anywhere else, please report it here. Thanks!

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 03 Sep, 2008 3:18 PM Quote
Requested! Radio 2

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 12:58 PM Quote
Are Travis going to do any promotion for this single in the UK on TV or radio?

Have you heard it on the radio yet?

Please reply if you have here.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
Are Travis going to do any promotion for this single in the UK on TV or radio?

Have you heard it on the radio yet?

Please reply if you have here.

Nope, but I've done another round of emails to DJs, I might try 6 music too even though I never listen to it :)

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 05 Sep, 2008 7:44 PM Quote
It's not too encouraging that the single has hardly been played on the radio. http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x66/Jearoon2/Smilies/5-Confused.gif But there's still time yet. It seems to me that songs usually get played the most when they are officially released, and then when they're in the chart depending on success. As long as people know about it on the week of the 15th-21st, hopefully they'll go buy it.

Would be good to start seeing Travis on tv now though, like maybe they could get on the new series of Jonathan Ross...

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Tue 09 Sep, 2008 9:23 AM Quote
Travis on The Hub on 6Music this Friday between 10am - 1pm.

Cheers to catriona and the boy with a cryptic name for the info!

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Fri 12 Sep, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
Something Anything AND All I Want To Do Is Rock played live on BBC 6 Music this morning!

Now I'm hoping that this leads to 6Music and other radio stations in the UK picking this up and adding this to their playlists.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:20 PM