Travis

UK Setlist
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 9:05 PM Quote
I think it should all be off Ode to J. Smith...New rockin out Travis...with maybe an older gem encore like Last Train or More than Us, Sarah , thats not been played live too much?

Get goose bumps just thinking of this....

I know we all love and have our fav different old ones and I am not starting a thread on those preferences , but hey , this album is soo good and they MUST be a bit bored of Flowers by now !(and Neily still hasn't learnt the words) hehe

Anyone agree?

Re: UK Setlist
GMS1968
GMS1968 Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
No. (IMO)
I love the boys coming to the front of the stage for a giant singalong to one of the most singable singalong songs ever. Its our closing anthem and i just cant imagine it anywhere else in the set. Such a happy song.
I like the setlists we have seen recently.
I think there has been 4 to 5 new songs in these shows, and the songs chosen seem to be the perfect choice.
However, i would love it if the choice of new songs stayed the same with maybe a wildcard extra song thrown in for good measure.
For the concert i go to, i would love to hear 'Before you were young' again. Because it sounds awesome live. Yes it realy is mind blowing!
I guess our choice of what we want to hear will change the more we listen to ode.
But in terms of the setlist i think 5 or 6 songs from the new album would be enough.
Recent setlists have put together (back to back, i think!) Closer, Sing, J Smith And Something Anything.
I think that might be my favourite section if repeated at the UK shows. ;-)
Having said all that, you know you could be right about flowers. I'll let you know after the concert.
Laugh out loud.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:32 PM Quote
I just watched all the songs live on youtube and id Love a full Ode Set. with a few hiddin gems in there thats why im gutted i didnt get to the Club tour i hope they do it again. I Think being real were gonna get a sort of 22 song set with alot of new tunes and the classics mixed. Id love a few tunes from left feild because ive seen them so meny times. But i remeber a interview ages ago with Dougie sayin youve got to remeber that every gig is somones first gig so you need to play it well for them. I could go without hearing Flowers Sing and Rain but i think thell all get played.If i had to pick a rare song to get played id go forrrr Good Day To Die cause it rocks live

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:34 PM Quote
I love the fact that Travis have had unknown gems in their recent setlists because it really treats the big fans without confusing/boring the casual fans. I'd love Sarah live, but like Paul says, More Than Us would be brilliant too.

I don't think they should carry on playing FITW like that forever because it will get samey for them and I'm sure they've got other exciting ideas :D If they want to play it though, I'm not going to complain ;)

I'm not a big fan of Before You Were Young live, it was fingers-in-the-ears loud last time and I left the front row because of it :( Still enjoyed the rest from the back.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 6:10 PM