Travis

More Than Us
paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 1:27 AM Quote
Still the greatest thing this band has ever done in my eyes

Can we please have it on the setlist for the forthcoming UK Tour?

Re: More Than Us
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 1:33 AM Quote
I was listening this today and wondering how far in advance I could request it for the yet-to-be-scheduled Austin show.

I feel ya Paul!1

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 1:35 AM Quote
I've only ever seen it at 2 shows :(

Not sure if it made an appearance during The Boy tour, but i think it's about due a comeback

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 4:58 AM Quote
I don't think it was on TBWNN tour at all, but it's one of my top choices for Travis songs I want to hear live...along with many others ;)! As much as I love "Flowers In The Window" and the way they do it live now, maybe they could swap it out for a new and exciting live version of "More Than Us" where they do something fun on stage towards the end of the show since they've been doing "Flowers" for a while now.

purplesky
purplesky Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 5:11 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I don't think it was on TBWNN tour at all, but it's one of my top choices for Travis songs I want to hear live...along with many others ;)! As much as I love "Flowers In The Window" and the way they do it live now, maybe they could swap it out for a new and exciting live version of "More Than Us" where they do something fun on stage towards the end of the show since they've been doing "Flowers" for a while now.

I agree. :)

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 5:56 AM Quote
I've seen it at no shows, granted I've only been to two shows...

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 5:57 AM Quote
i want to see this song live one day, but more than this, i would really like they could sing Last Train

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 9:59 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:

I think the lyrics are right up there with the best ever, I'd love to hear it live. I'd love to hear I Love You Anyways more though :D

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:40 AM Quote
Yip, as u can probabl tell by the moniker i agree. Only seen it live once.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
it's one of their best - I do prefer the original version without all the violins, though. Purer.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 3:58 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
paul_c wrote:

I think the lyrics are right up there with the best ever, I'd love to hear it live. I'd love to hear I Love You Anyways more though :D

They played "I Love You Anyways" live in Detroit! It was brilliant!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 4:20 PM Quote
I've never seen it live either. I love the Fran/Dougie/Andy harmonies. There are soooo many songs I really want to hear live but if I had to choose one, it would be this one.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 8:25 PM Quote
the boy with a cryptic name wrote:
paul_c wrote:

I have a vague recollection of hearing this song on the last tour. They played it a few times i think

Good to see a lot of support for More Than Us. Hopefully it'll work and we'll all get to hear it on the forthcoming tour :)

elodie
elodie Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 8:53 PM Quote
I really like this song too... very special for me :)

it is the first Travis song that I've discovered on a compilation amongst some other stuff. The song captivated me, everything, the lyrics and the melody, the delicate guitar part is perfect.
I couldn't believe 'More Than Us' was on their first album because the other songs were so loud, so rock'n roll... at first I was pretty scared ;-)

leticia
leticia Posted Tue 26 Aug, 2008 9:39 PM Quote

I agree! I really love this song, and the video too!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:03 AM