Travis

Re: Something Anything video
sonja
sonja Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:23 AM Quote
Very nice video ! I like it a lot !

cornax
cornax Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 4:48 PM Quote
Oops! In my excitement over discovering the new video in Fran's blog I didn't notice there was already thread about it. I'll just, uh, quote myself in here where it belongs...

cornax wrote:
WOW!!!!! I've been resisting the new music like a little martyr but finally caved to watch the video. The song is INSANE! I love it! Rocky and poppy and fab. I'm all atingle about it! And the video perfectly captures the essence of the song, which is, essentially, a build up to that fierce guitar bit. Who knew Andy was such a good actor? You can see him totally jonesing for that guitar before he finally gives in to his urge. I sure can't wait for Travis to tour the US in support of this album...

frmzn
frmzn Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:17 AM Quote
Video is cool, I like the beginning most of all :)
and
Fran's jacket & T-shirt are excellent

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 2:12 AM Quote
mili wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
I like a lot! Not the best video, but I love the giant Andy idea, that's exactly how he looks when plays a guitar solo :o). The Dunlop guitar rocks! ;oP

Does he normally collapse in a heap after a solo?

Well, maybe in a metaphorical way xD, that's what I was trying to saying... My awful English doesn't help me a lot, right? :oS

mili
mili Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 6:55 AM Quote
bogusblue wrote:
mili wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
I like a lot! Not the best video, but I love the giant Andy idea, that's exactly how he looks when plays a guitar solo :o). The Dunlop guitar rocks! ;oP

Well, maybe in a metaphorical way xD, that's what I was trying to saying... My awful English doesn't help me a lot, right? :oS

Don't worry about your English! Anyway, I really understand what you mean, and as far as I know his playing style in the video is the same as ever.

Delia24Oct07
Delia24Oct07 Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 11:57 AM Quote
YAY! Go Andy, our Guitar-god! It's so nice that he got the main part in this vid, his solo is just adorable!
Now I can't get Something Anything out of my head, it's gorgeous. I think it was the right choice for the first single, I'm gonna write to every radio station in Switzerland to announce it, I WANT TO HEAR THAT ON RADIO!

drift-nina
drift-nina Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 9:38 PM Quote

definitely fantastic!

Nacho
Nacho Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 4:28 AM Quote
andy getting bigger reminded of super mario bros :P

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 4:59 AM Quote
mili wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

I thought that Dunlop guitar was a nice touch.

You´ve never played a solo before? if you have the energy you will play like a insane man, is exhausted!
So, also Andy is extremely xD

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 5:15 AM Quote
mili wrote:
bogusblue wrote:
mili wrote:
bogusblue wrote:

Don't worry about your English! Anyway, I really understand what you mean, and as far as I know his playing style in the video is the same as ever.

Ok, I'll still worry a little about it though xD. I agree about his playing style. Well, for me when he plays the guitar solo in a gig he gets bigger and bigger (in a metaphorical sense, of course) and becomes artisticlly unreachable (also metaphorically), but in the video you can actually see it physically which is great, so that was basically my point: how big Andy is (artisticlly, metaphorically and physically speaking... well, maybe not physically, but you know what I mean, don't you?? ;oP) :o).

missmoo
missmoo Posted Sat 16 Aug, 2008 7:58 AM Quote
Bloody love it! :)

MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Sun 17 Aug, 2008 10:36 PM Quote
it's something, anything ...

It's groovy too.

MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
I ain't freakin' I ain't faking this

Either

MikeCALIFTRAVIS
MikeCALIFTRAVIS Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 1:34 AM Quote
I ain't freakin' I ain't faking this

Either

minsidesoutside_lds
minsidesoutside_lds Posted Mon 18 Aug, 2008 11:14 PM Quote
great great greaaaat song!!!! wohoo I love that rhythm :P

And Andy..nice posture, you big rocker!

Hope to see all soon playing in Buenos Aires :)

LºvE

Lourdes.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] All Times BST Current Time 2:38 PM