Travis

Re: Michael Phelps
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 4:23 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
No i havent been near a pool. I walked away from it completely. Which is something i regret if only for fitness reasons.
As for the abusive coach , there are a lot of them out there. I tend to think some of them get so worked up about it due to their own failings at what they achieved or didnt as the case may be.

Agree that there are a lot of abusive coaches out there. Also agree that your theory is probably correct for a lot of them.

You should get back in the pool. It's never too late. I can't think of a less hokey way to say this but more than my body, my soul feels refreshed after swimming. I believe it was Kurt Vonnegat who said, "in the water I am beautiful."

I'm not the most graceful person on land but in the water I feel very graceful.

Just get in and swim for yourself.

Im not playing hockey this summer so i think im going buy a pass and swim this winter. Due the high number of pools and zillions of open swims, i think it will be a good plan as I can go whenever i feel like it. Not competatively at all, but just to keep me busy and hopefully in better shape and you know, off the streets, lol.

th74
th74 Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 6:14 PM Quote
There's all different things to respond to in this thread. I was yelling at the tv during the race last night. What an amazing feat for all those teams to swim so fast. I like watching Michael Phelps swim, since I think he's so talented. But it's easy for me to think so, since I'm American. I can understand why other countries wouldn't want to see him win so much.

I love to watch swimming as I am a swimmer, too. I agree with Anne, you can start anytime again, just for yourself with no worries about coaches or being competetive.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 6:17 PM Quote
AbsGinger wrote:
I dont think there is anything wrong with arrogance. As long as it can be backed up with actual talent.

what's your point ?

Just how retarded are you?

hahahaha !

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 6:23 PM Quote
th74 wrote:
There's all different things to respond to in this thread. I was yelling at the tv during the race last night.

I was too! Me and my friends stood up and jumped around when they beat the French!

And as far as arrogance, I watched an interview with him, and he doesn't seem that cocky. He seemed like a normal 23 year old dude, who just happens to be a kick ass swimmer. I think this is is 3rd Olympics. He went to Sydney but didn't win any medals.

He's just exciting to watch. I haven't gotten this into sports since... forever.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 7:00 PM Quote
Anne just threw michael phelps at me on facebook. Im to take all my aggression out on facebook michael, lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 7:14 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Anne just threw michael phelps at me on facebook. Im to take all my aggression out on facebook michael, lol

Jolene threw him at me a few days ago and it inspired me.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 7:23 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Hmmmm mmm. Inspired you...

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 7:46 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Anne, I got yours too...I think I accidentally threw a sheep back at you! lol...sorry! It's kinda cute though...

trying to get used to facebook...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 7:47 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Anne, I got yours too...I think I accidentally threw a sheep back at you! lol...sorry! It's kinda cute though...

You did throw a sheep at me. He's very cute and sweet though!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:01 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

i bet the sheep could win a gold medal if he really tried!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:02 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I like to throw octopus at people. :O)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:12 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Maybe for furry cuteness. Though I imagine that his fur would create quite a drag in the pool.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:17 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Maybe for furry cuteness. Though I imagine that his fur would create quite a drag in the pool.

Wow...that just created the funniest (and saddest) picture in my mind! lol

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:20 PM Quote
LOL Sandy. Well try and picture the happy cartoon sheep vs. an actual one because that would be so sad.

Kristy, I shouldn't torment you but I must tell you something hilarious. I just checked my messages at home and there was one from last night. Somehow my son left a voicemail from our phone to us (I have no idea how). It said, "hi daddy, I wanted to tell you something. I know who the fastest swimmer in the world is. His name is Michael and he's from AMERICA."

(All caps because he said it in a very amazed/excited voice)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 11 Aug, 2008 8:32 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
SamuraiSandy wrote:

I like to throw octopus at people. :O)

oh your Detroit girls!

There was a commerical a while back for some cheese company and an animated cow kept winning gold medal in various events. But it also seemed to compete against men and women. It was confusing, lol. But if she can win, so too can the sheep. It will just have to wear some sorta new new NEW speedo suit to keep that wool in check

Anne, that's a cute story. And you arent tormenting me, its the Michael Phelps thread, i expect you to talk about him. I will just talk about my hatred. And no, before you ask, I havent met him. This is simply my perspective!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:45 AM