Travis

Re: Michael Phelps
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 4:05 AM Quote
I love how they show when he's going to come on in the right hand corner.

"Michael Phelps 5 minutes."

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:17 AM Quote
Natalie Coughlin ?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:25 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
Natalie Coughlin ?

What about her?

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:53 AM Quote
They made a good point on Radio 1 last night. If Michael Phleps were a country, he'd be doing better than the UK

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 11:07 AM Quote
Has anyone else noticed the British girl who won gold in the swimming didnt actually touch first? Hoff did.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:58 PM Quote
I still like Michael Phelps but I am getting dead sick of the media making everything about him.

Last night when they were interviewing Jason Lezak and they asked him, "how does it feel to know you helped Michael Phelps on his way to making history?"

How about asking, "how does it feel to have anchored such an amazing team and to have caught up to the French team when it seemed impossible and win?"

It was such a rude question. Jason Lezak deserves mad props for that swim.

By the way his answer just said that that wasn't his focus and that all of them were focused on being a unit and doing what they needed to do to win. Very diplomatic.

Also in the semis for the 200 IM after the fly (I think, doesn't really matter) someone else was leading and the commentators said who was leading (I don't remember) and they said, "this will be something Joe Swimmer can tell their grandkids- I [edit]SWAM in the Olympics and was in the lead of Michael Phelps."

WHAT???

I just want to watch the dude swim. I might have to start muting the sound.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

Also in the semis for the 200 IM after the fly (I think, doesn't really matter) someone else was leading and the commentators said who was leading (I don't remember) and they said, "this will be something Joe Swimmer can tell their grandkids- I saw in the Olympics and was in the lead of Michael Phelps."

WHAT???

I just want to watch the dude swim. I might have to start muting the sound.

Yeah, I still love MP, BUT it really amazes me how stupid these reporters are being. I know it's not his fault, and he's just doing the race, but if I see one more shot or his mom or his sisters crying in the stands then I'm going to lost it. They are totally fucking everything up! That little thing in the corner that comes on and shows when he's about to race is handy...

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 3:55 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Yeah, I still love MP, BUT it really amazes me how stupid these reporters are being. I know it's now his fault, and he's just doing the race, but if I see one more shot or his mom or his sisters crying in the stands then I'm going to lost it. They are totally fucking everything up! That little thing in the corner that comes on and shows when he's about to race is handy...

Sometimes I think it's the media's goal to overdo things and make us go crazy. Though I agree that the pop up showing when he's going to race is handy.

Last night they interviewed him and he seemed pretty worn down. I hope he can keep this up for just a little bit longer.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calories per day.

Chuck Norris doesn't have to eat. And if he does, he doesn't count calories.

Monica
Monica Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
LOL.

nesmap
nesmap Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the British girl who won gold in the swimming didnt actually touch first? Hoff did.

Rebecca Adlington dya mean?

I watched that in the middle of the night whilst working and it was very close, only 7 1-hundtreths of a second between first and second. Watching the footage again, it's too close to tell who touched first to be honest, for me anyways.

I think it might be to do with the pressure pads on the walls at the ends of the lane. Even if someone touches the pad first, the force may not have been sufficient for the time to stop and that's how she won?

Anyways, the Americans have enough gold medals, so tis good to share the wealth ;)

I have to say that the two guys commentating on the swimming races are hilarious, they get so excited about the races and some of the things they say are great. When the swimming is on, listen to their commentary.

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Michael Phelps eats 12,000 calories per day.

Chuck Norris doesn't have to eat. And if he does, he doesn't count calories.

Atkins diet ?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
Natalie Coughlin ?

What about her?

She is from the bay area! And swam for CAL! And is one of the assistant coaches for them. And she kicked butt in the 100m back.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:09 AM Quote
6 for 6!

ashleyb
ashleyb Posted Fri 15 Aug, 2008 4:11 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
6 for 6!

Woot! I'm so anxious for him to win them all. Can you imagine the disappointment of getting all but one or two?

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:15 PM