Travis

The Olympics
nesmap
nesmap Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 4:52 PM Quote
The opening ceremoney is tomorrow which signifies the traditional start of the games, even though some activites have already begun.

Anywho, will you be tuning in? And how well do you think your country will do?

We will do very well in cycling, yachting and shooting I reckon, oh and the diving with that 13 year old kid.

Re: The Olympics
auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 5:10 PM Quote
well, i'm in Taiwan, i duno how its gonna turn out since china and taiwan have always had problems in the past in major events... BUT! i think Taiwan will take home some medals in Tae-kwon-do, and if with any luck, archery, but its kinda unlikely.

Since I was born in Hong kong, I hope we score some medals in anything because its one of the few with only 2 medals ever scored.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 5:16 PM Quote
I'm excited about the Olympics.

I like to watch swimming, diving, gymnastics. A bit of the track stuff. Also if I can catch it I get a kick out of the trampoline.

I'll watch basketball and other things but only if they happen to be on when I want to watch TV.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
Im very excited! Im more of a winter Olympics girl, but excited none the less. Im watch a little of everything and hope Canada kicks butt!

mili
mili Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 5:34 PM Quote
Not very excited with all the politics, stupidity and human rights issues fringeing these games.

Today two Finnish athletes were reported having their names accidentally added to a Amnesty's pro-Tibet list (now removed). I wonder how this "accident" could have happened? It's more likely that their spine melted away when entering China, or that they wouldn't have got visas with the names in the list.

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
mili wrote:
Not very excited with all the politics, stupidity and human rights issues fringeing these games.

Today two Finnish athletes were reported having their names accidentally added to a Amnesty's pro-Tibet list (now removed). I wonder how this "accident" could have happened? It's more likely that their spine melted away when entering China, or that they wouldn't have got visas with the names in the list.

haha, i was just reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concerns_over_the_2008_Summer_Olympics

and I concluded that the tagline for the 2008 Beijing Olympics should be: Human Rights, Screwed around with at its best.
The surveillance thing is really just too much for comfort, I understand the whole issue with safety but it just sounds like an excuse that gets toyed with too often.

damon
damon Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 5:41 PM Quote
My country Mexico, is going with the smallest comitee ever,, no hope for medals,,, damm !!

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 5:57 PM Quote
btw, while we're on the topic, i think its really cool how Nike chose All the things that I've done by the Killers as their advertisement song, its catching onto me again. I saw the ad on TV the other day and I went, I KNOW THAT SONG! anyway haha

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 6:00 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

I'll watch basketball and other things but only if they happen to be on when I want to watch TV.

Sunday, 9 am

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 6:06 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
weirdmom wrote:

Sunday, 9 am

with the time different most of the events are being shown live in the morning here from 6-noonish and then every night from 6-midnightish there are repeats and highlights, so..pretty much while i am home, it is always on..whee! And then i get the options of Canadian or American channels for extra selection and coverage. im assuming NBC has the American rights again?

mili
mili Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 6:11 PM Quote
auronsquall wrote:
btw, while we're on the topic, i think its really cool how Nike chose All the things that I've done by the Killers as their advertisement song, its catching onto me again. I saw the ad on TV the other day and I went, I KNOW THAT SONG! anyway haha

I like it, too. It took me a few moments to id the song, even though I knew I should know it.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
I'm so excited! GO USA! I'm going to try and watch the opening ceremonies tomorrow, but it's my mom's birthday tomorrow as well, so we might be out with her instead.

I absolutely love to watch track and field, swimming, diving and gymnastics!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 6:50 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I'm so excited! GO USA! I'm going to try and watch the opening ceremonies tomorrow, but it's my mom's birthday tomorrow as well, so we might be out with her instead.

Hey, Happy Birthday to your mom, Nikki!

I'm so excited too! I will watch the opening ceremonies.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 6:55 PM Quote
Chiito-chan wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Hey, Happy Birthday to your mom, Nikki!

I'm so excited too! I will watch the opening ceremonies.

Thanks. :) She'll be 58 on 8-8-08...kinda cool.

auronsquall
auronsquall Posted Thu 07 Aug, 2008 6:59 PM Quote
thats a lot of 8's! congrats! do something fun that day =D

Pages [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 9:13 AM