Travis

Re: UK TOUR AND NEW SINGLE
Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
Just got my email * goes off to read*

gladsadmad
gladsadmad Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:13 PM Quote
The Travis Web Team should add this news on to the front of the site with the confirmation of the new single and album dates.

*edit*
Just got my email!
http://travis.ityzen.com/project_files/6_travis/band2008_header.jpg

Travis Announce New Single, Album and UK Tour
Having scored a No. 1 on the indie singles chart with their limited edition J. Smith EP, Travis are pleased to announce the release of a new single Something Anything on September 15th, followed by a 12 date UK tour in the lead up to the release of their new album Ode To J. Smith on September 29th.

Something Anything sees Travis mine a seam of tough beat led grooves and guitar licks, landing someplace between the breakthrough stomp of Good Feeling and garage band of All I Wanna Do Is Rock. For the video, the band team up once more with Michael Baldwin – who directed all the videos for The Boy With No Name – and take Andy's driving guitar riff as the centre piece for a video that sees a 10ft tall Andy tearing into a solo that leaves the rest of the band suitably awestruck.

The single will be released on the band's very own Red Telephone Box label and will be available on 7”, CD and as a download. Additional tracks include a cover of The Kinks classic Lola and two new songs all unavailable elsewhere. Track listings are as follows:

Something Anything CD / Digital download:
01: Something Anything
02: Tail Of The Tiger
03: Used To Belong

Something Anything 7” Vinyl:
A: Something Anything
B: Lola

UK Tour Dates / Pre-sale
Travis have been showcasing songs from Ode To J. Smith at selective festival and club dates across Europe and most recently the Far East. A full UK tour has now been lined up for the autumn coinciding with the album’s release.

Pre-sale tickets for these shows will be available from 9am, Thursday 31st July at:

http://www.gigsandtours.com/?s=travis&site=pretravis

General sales start 9am Friday 1st August from www.gigsandtours.com or the 24 hour CC line on 0871 2200 260. Full UK tour dates are as follows:

22 SEP: INVERNESS, IRONWORKS
23 SEP: ABERDEEN, MUSIC HALL
25 SEP: EDINBURGH, PICTURE HOUSE
28 SEP: MANCHESTER, THE RITZ
29 SEP: LIVERPOOL, ACADEMY
30 SEP: WOLVERHAMPTON, WULFRUN HALL
02 OCT: NEWCASTLE, UNIVERSITY
03 OCT: NORWICH, UEA
04 OCT: PORTSMOUTH, PYRAMIDS CENTRE
06 OCT: BATH, PAVILLION
07 OCT: SHEFFIELD, LEADMILL
08 OCT: LONDON, ASTORIA

THE NEW ALBUM
Ode To J. Smith
is Travis’s loudest, edgiest and most arresting record since their debut. Written in 5 weeks and recorded in just 14 days, it’s the sound of a band re-born, re-inspired and re-energised.

“We wanted this record to have some rough edges. In the past we might have been guilty of making really beautiful things that were so smooth you almost slipped off them. You can’t say that about this one. We really pushed ourselves. It’s like prog-pop; lots happening in about three minutes” - Dougie.

Ode to J. Smith will be released on Sept 29th with full details to be announced shortly.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:16 PM Quote
gladsadmad wrote:
The Travis Web Team should really add this news on to the front of the site with the confirmation of the new single and album dates.

Agreed!

lozm
lozm Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:57 PM Quote
So happy their playing Wolverhampton and it's the Wulfrun. I'll be booking my tickets tomorrow!!!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 11:08 PM Quote
Love the new pic. Classic Fran pose. ;)

Somewhere Else
Somewhere Else Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:11 AM Quote
lozm wrote:
So happy their playing Wolverhampton and it's the Wulfrun. I'll be booking my tickets tomorrow!!!

Wulfrun is great venue , I loved it there last time with Travis :)Trouble is the three are all together 28/29/30 in this region .....but if I can...I will!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:19 AM Quote
YASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I will see anyone and everyone at the Aberdeen gig then. Suweet. I'll be clicking away furiously at 9am tomorrow!

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:28 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
gladsadmad wrote:
The Travis Web Team should really add this news on to the front of the site with the confirmation of the new single and album dates.

Agreed!

Yeah, not till Friday though Nikki, so I can guarantee my ticket first, haha!

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:29 AM Quote
Awesome. I'm happy that Something Anything is going to be the first single. Not that I've heard it... but I bet its more 'in your face' than Song To Self. :P

Hmm... if I go to a show it looks like a trek to Manchester again. Last time that happened I didn't get home to 6 in the morning. xD

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:42 AM Quote
has anyone noticed the sneaky beggars have taken every weekend off during the tour! I guess thats what being a parent does for you! Was hunting for a weekend gig to travel to, but to no avail.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:49 AM Quote
I got my email. yay i wasnt magically delete from the database.

I agree Nikki, classic Fran pose!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 12:53 AM Quote
Moray wrote:
has anyone noticed the sneaky beggars have taken every weekend off during the tour! I guess thats what being a parent does for you! Was hunting for a weekend gig to travel to, but to no avail.

hahaha, sneaky beggars.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:07 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Maybe a US winter tour will help the small but vocal minority (AKA Ric) opinion to have the convention in Austin.

Glad the UK fans are getting some love.

I'm not alone in that .

Pochakita
Pochakita Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 7:09 AM Quote
what are the odds of the tickets selling out during the first couple of days? did it happen with the last uk tour?

presale is just a couple of hours away, but i'm sensing i might have a problem with my credit card so i have to get a friend to buy them for me...which will not happen today at least :(

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 8:19 AM Quote
I did not get an email but thanks for posting it!

Btw, I will be in the US in September, and in the UK in mid December. They are giving concerts in the UK when I am in the US so I can tell you that, with my luck, they will be giving concerts in the US when I am in the UK. Mark your calenders US boardies!

I am sure concerts will be great and you will have a great time! No, no I am not jealous...no...not at all...really.....I am just happy for you...

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:07 AM