Travis

UK TOUR AND NEW SINGLE
Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
Just got the email woohhoo no glasgow but 3 scottish dates!!!!

and Somthing Anything new single not song to self!!!

Vid has 10ft Andy apprently should be cool

Re: UK TOUR AND NEW SINGLE
Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:02 PM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
Just got the email woohhoo no glasgow but 3 scottish dates!!!!

and Somthing Anything new single not song to self!!!

Vid has 10ft Andy apprently should be cool

:O Whaaaat?

OMG! *tries to remember what "Something Anything" sounds like*

I didn't get the e-mail yet. I always get it a few days after everyone else for some reason! Can you post it here? When does the UK tour start and end? And I don't get what you mean about the "Vid has 10ft Andy apprently should be cool" ???

Thanks so much! :)

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:12 PM Quote
Sorry forgot to actually post the details

22 SEP: INVERNESS, IRONWORKS
23 SEP: ABERDEEN, MUSIC HALL
25 SEP: EDINBURGH, PICTURE HOUSE
28 SEP: MANCHESTER, THE RITZ
29 SEP: LIVERPOOL, ACADEMY
30 SEP: WOLVERHAMPTON, WULFRUN HALL
02 OCT: NEWCASTLE, UNIVERSITY
03 OCT: NORWICH, UEA
04 OCT: PORTSMOUTH, PYRAMIDS CENTRE
06 OCT: BATH, PAVILLION
07 OCT: SHEFFIELD, LEADMILL
08 OCT: LONDON, ASTORIA

and
Travis Announce New Single, Album and UK Tour
Having scored a No. 1 on the indie singles chart with their limited edition J Smith EP, Travis are pleased to announce the release of a new single Something Anything on September 15th, followed by a 12 date UK tour in the lead up to the release of their new album Ode To J. Smith on September 29th.

Something Anything sees Travis mine a seam of tough beat led grooves and guitar licks, landing someplace between the breakthrough stomp of Good Feeling and garage band of All I Wanna Do Is Rock. For the video, the band team up once more with Michael Baldwin – who directed all the videos for The Boy With No Name – and take Andy's driving guitar riff as the centre piece for a video that sees a 10ft tall Andy tearing into a solo that leaves the rest of the band suitably awestruck.

The single will be released on the band's very own Red Telephone Box label and will be available on 7”, CD and as a download. Additional tracks include a cover of The Kinks classic Lola and two new songs all unavailable elsewhere. Track listings are as follows:

Something Anything CD / Digital download:
01: Something Anything
02: Tail Of The Tiger
03: Used To Belong

Something Anything 7” Vinyl:
A: Something Anything
B: Lola

Enjoy!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:22 PM Quote
Oh wow! Well I guess we were all wrong about "Song to Self"!!! I think it would have made a GREAT first single. I haven't heard "Something Anything," so I can't really comment on it yet! Has anyone heard it live and if so what did you think?!?!

This is all so exciting! So I guess they've already filmed the video?!? Ooooh. I can't wait to see it! Sounds awesome! :)

Looks like we might have to bundle up for a late fall/winter US tour and American Boardie Convention. ;)

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh wow! Well I guess we were all wrong about "Song to Self"!!! I think it would have made a GREAT first single. I haven't heard "Something Anything," so I can't really comment on it yet! Has anyone heard it live and if so what did you think?!?!

This is all so exciting! So I guess they've already filmed the video?!? Ooooh. I can't wait to see it! Sounds awesome! :)

Looks like we might have to bundle up for a late fall/winter US tour and American Boardie Convention. ;)

You can plan a trip to London for your birthday!

A winter American Boardie Convention in Chicago? I get the shiver-me-timbers just thinking about it!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

You can plan a trip to London for your birthday!

A winter American Boardie Convention in Chicago? I get the shiver-me-timbers just thinking about it!

I know!!! I saw that, Kayte! Oct. 8 in London for my 24th B-day??? Hmmmmm...sounds VERY tempting!

edit- i have no clue why i said chicago...doing 12 things at once. *sigh*

milos
milos Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:38 PM Quote
Wow! I was really expecting Song to Self to be the first single. It was played on the radio AND announced as "the new single". Interesting! Well i guess it will end up being the 2nd single from the album. It doesn't matter really. I hope we get to see the video for Something Anything soon. I can't wait!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:42 PM Quote
wow, that stunned me a bit. Song to Self as the lead single seemed to be a no-brainer after it was played on the radio. It's a single through and through, know there was a similar situation last year when everyone heard Big Chair and assumed it was the first single, but it seems a natural choice this time. Don't really remember Something Anything, gonna have to youtube it and try to pick out the tune through a few deafening crackles. Again!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Chicago is right.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Maybe song to self will be the america radio single or somthing, i think it makes sence bringing out a rockier song first to make the statement, like when they should have relased Selfish Jean before Closer. Oh i cant wait for this tour now , hopefully they might play the full album at some of the shows

spid
spid Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
why didn't i get the email, i'm registered? still at least i get the news here. thanks - exciting! pity about no glasgow date though. edinburgh will be the nearest instead.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Chicago is right.

I know...but I said going to Chicago for my B-day instead of London, then I edited it. lol...nevermind. >.<

I'm so excited to see the video! I want to youtube the song as well, but I'm sure it's a really crap version. :/

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
spid wrote:
why didn't i get the email, i'm registered? still at least i get the news here. thanks - exciting! pity about no glasgow date though. edinburgh will be the nearest instead.

I didn't get it yet either.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 7:02 PM Quote
no email for me either. Hmm.
Maybe it will come eventually and be chalked full of North American dates!

Sarah-
Sarah- Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
dear god, i SO wanna go to london!! or somewhere else, i don't really mind... but especially in october it'd be perfect, as my holidays suck so far anyway and i wanted to go to england so badly (and it didn't work out as i wanted it to, obviously...)

but oh well, i don't know. i could be totally spontaneous and trying to get tickets and the just... go.
aaarghs, i don't know this is really driving me crazy!!

(i'm from germany btw....)

Pages [1] 2 3 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:11 PM