Travis

Re: Song to Self online!
nesmap
nesmap Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
Just listened to the uploaded mp3 and the quality is terrible.

Here's a better quality rip

Enjoy!

Sasha Russia
Sasha Russia Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 1:11 PM Quote
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu see the light

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 1:47 PM Quote
nesmap wrote:

Here's a better quality rip

Enjoy!

Thanks!! I'll can hear it on my iPod!

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 1:54 PM Quote
thanks so much nesmap - didn't want to sound horrible by commenting on the first mp3 but it was pretty bad.

I'm not sure this is my absolute fave of the new Travis songs, still in love with Sarah. But what it is is surely the strongest radio single since Side, easily.

I really, really hope they go to town with this - proper video, publicise the hell out of it, because if they do this could be THE comeback song. It's nearing WDIAROM or Sing levels of catchiness and as an instant, 3 minute first impression it leaves a much stronger mark than anything on TBWNN. By a mile. The chorus is gorgeous. I heard it twice yesterday night and found myself able to sing virtually the whole song to myself at work all morning, mess around with it in my head and play with it, the mark of a truly good song imo. You can do ANYTHING with the chorus, it's awesome.

On first listen bits of the verses sound a bit sparse & disjointed, but after ooh, two listens, it all fits perfectly with the rest of the song.

this is a TUNE. Potentially a big hit on their hands I'd say, but need to come up with more airplay and a better video than Selfish Jean.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 1:56 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
LOL @ Luke!

Yay! I just got home and ran up to the computer to listen to it again! :D

I think my favorite part of the song is the way Fran says "pictures in your heart"....makes me melt! I also love the yell in the bridge. Oh, oh...and the part that goes "by the time you hear this I'll be gone..." Ok, the whole song is great! :P

Ben, I'm really excited about "Chinese Blues" as well. :)

Just had my first listen of the day! Haha. I love it, i really do. Waited 5 months to hear how it came out in the studio and i'm so pleased.

I thought Fran was vocally strong on J Smith and Get Up but on this, i think he is really brilliant! Well done Fran! "by the time you hear this I'll be gone..." is my favourite bit. :) Sounds great!

And "Chinese Blues"... i found this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r2wX5do2OCQ Warning to people: it is Chinese Blues, so don't click if you don't want to hear it. :) From the Moscow gig. Don't know if it has already been linked to from this site. :)

Oh and Mikko85: totally agree with everything you say. It really could be THE comeback song. Hope they make a good video. Maybe i'm in the minority but i thought the 'Selfish Jean' one wasn't too good. I thought 'Selfish Jean' was the best single since 'Side' and now this is the best single since 'Side.'

Stepiper
Stepiper Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 2:16 PM Quote
This is a top tune, no doubt.

Mikko85
Mikko85 Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 2:29 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Oh and Mikko85: totally agree with everything you say. It really could be THE comeback song. Hope they make a good video. Maybe i'm in the minority but i thought the 'Selfish Jean' one wasn't too good. I thought 'Selfish Jean' was the best single since 'Side' and now this is the best single since 'Side.'

yeah, I didn't like it either. It was quite funny I guess, but as an official video it was useless. Selfish Jean was a good song that should have done better in the charts, but it didn't have the instant radio hook of this.

I can hear this on radios across the country for the rest of the summer, it's that good. But if they don't really put it out there, it'll probably limp in at #36 again. Proper vid, playing it to death at every opportunity, appear at every festival in the country and beyond - clone the band if need be so they can appear at two venues at the same time.

Know if the music's good it shouldn't be important, but I'd love to see Travis 'big' again and this album could be the one to do it. Hell, if ****ing Embrace and Nickleback can mount popular comebacks it should be a breeze!

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
wow, wow, wow! Ahhh, I love this! Is it September yet? Thanks for posting the link!

purplesky
purplesky Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 4:51 PM Quote
OMG i love this song. especially the intro part.. what a nice song again, Fran! I just can't wait till September to come... :D 3ish more month to go.. :) Hope the boys have a lot of fun with the aisan tour, and be back with us with the nice album!!

moo_the_evil_boffin
moo_the_evil_boffin Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
Woo thanks for posting! This song has been played about 20 times in my house since I downloaded it lol.

It's also officialy the first song that I've worked out how to play on my guitar by myself too :-D

I'm in love with it!

Kaizer
Kaizer Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
Am I stupid if I wait listening to the song until the CD finally is released?

laurimus
laurimus Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 7:57 PM Quote
Oh, this song is so lovely! The melody and the lyrics...Aaahhh...Just great!!! I can't waite to hear the whole album!! :D Thanks for posting!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 8:13 PM Quote
Kaizer wrote:

No, there is something to being surprised by the album and listening to it with new years in its entirety. Do what you please.

I'm avoiding youtube videos because I don't want to hear crap audio.

Eledh
Eledh Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
Kaizer wrote:

Not at all! I admire you because you've got a really strong will power! I couldn't do something like that, but yeah, there's something in buying the new album and go home and unwrapping it and put it in a cd player and just listen to it all the songs together so...
I can totally understand you ;)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 30 Jul, 2008 8:59 PM Quote
Kaizer wrote:

It's what I did for The Boy With No Name. :)

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:33 AM